Have we signed Esteban Cambiasso yet [The race]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Freudlyuchenko

LIVE LAUGH LOVE
What will come first, Esteban or my first dog walk of the summer?

Dun DUN DUHHH

But yeah, I think he'll actually be a good signing, Friedelesque and we all know it essential to have one of these threads.

Looking increasing likely its a done deal
He will be 34 when the season starts, has just been let go by Inter and Inter fans for a couple of years have been saying he is over the hill and needed replacing. He also was done at international level 3 years ago.

Really can't see the point of this one TBH

I reckon it's a good signing, on a free.

Won the most of any Argentine player ever, probably looked up to by Lamela, won the triple with Inter a few years back.

Yes, he's old, but he's a DM not a winger, so experience, positioning and maturity can hopefully help close down games at, say, 1-0 up at 80 mins of a derby.

Anyway, he won't start every game, but the experience alone should be worth the wages.

I agree with most posts on this thread. Cambiasso was great in his day but now past his best, especially in the higher- paced Premier League.

Might be useful backup though and perhaps a valuable future member of the coaching team. We need some high quality, top-level experience.

Might be useful backup though and perhaps a valuable future member of the coaching team. We need some high quality, top-level experience.

That's my thinking. Pochettino isn't a fool, he clearly aint bringing in a 34yr old to enact the high-pressing ultra-fittness game he favours. More, I expect he thinks having some genuine high-level experience will help the squad as a whole, and sure things up a little.

Gallas was about that age when he came to us; he didn't sprint around like a 20yr old, but he put himself in good positions, and shouted at players at key moments.

I agree with most posts on this thread. Cambiasso was great in his day but now past his best, especially in the higher- paced Premier League.

This

The days of dying Arry cloggers looking for a golden retirement handshake are thankfully long gone

I'll pass

There is a thing about this higher paced EPL that bothers me though , how come some older players like Viera, Flamini and others fail in Italy but can come to the EPL and have an impact ? There must be others that i forgot about but even Scholes after 6 months in retirement made an almost direct impact. Is the high paced EPL a myth or does it only concern wingers and wingbacks ?

On a free. 60-70 grand a week for a couple of seasons. Yes or No? Yes! Pochettino knows him well. I trust Poch. If Cambiasso comes, he is coming for a reason. I suspect that is to add some leadership to what is a fairly young squad and to be Poch's allie and motivator in the dressing room. Plus architect on the pitch when things need changing.

On a free. 60-70 grand a week for a couple of seasons. Yes or No? Yes! Pochettino knows him well. I trust Poch. If Cambiasso comes, he is coming for a reason. I suspect that is to add some leadership to what is a fairly young squad and to be Poch's allie and motivator in the dressing room. Plus architect on the pitch when things need changing.
I doubt we'd sign him on those wages. People don't realise how low our wage bill is in comparison to other clubs in this division.

Back
Top Bottom