Have we signed Esteban Cambiasso yet [The race]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is that, even if Sandro, Capoue and/or Dembélé are leaving we're in need of a somehow creative CM/DM. A deep-lying-playmaker to be precise. Because our CM neither lacks quality nor quantity but it lacks different playertypes. Sandro and Capoue are more destructive DMs while Dembélé and Paulinho are typical box-to-box players with a somehow different style of playing. But none of them has the vision to setup the game dangerously. That is not inevitably a problem because a deep-dropping Eriksen or maybe Lamela could solve that issue but with a deep-lying playmaker in DM or CM these players could concentrate more on the attacking third rather than playing the first balls.
I know we still have Holtby and maybe Carroll but they're both not necessarily part of the next-seasons squad due to their quality.
Concluding I'd like to see that deep creative type of player as replacement of a potential leaving DM rather than replace them with a similar player type.
(Or buy Moutinho, then I'm happy aswell :townhmm:).

I think under Pochetinno the emphasis of the midfield will be to break up play and to press. Ideally I would like our front 3 to provide the majority of the creativity. Other than Ward-Prowse Southamptons midfield wasn't amazingly gifted. Played simple enough football and let the creative players create.

Interesting titbit about Cambiasso:

In the 2002 World Cup, Germany vs Argentina, the game went to penalties.
In the shootout, Jens Lehmann had a piece of paper in his sock that contained the direction the players would usually shoot. Before every penalty he would take the paper & check where the player would shoot. He got it right the first 3 times, saving the 2nd.
Germany scored all 4 & it was time for Cambiasso to shoot. As usual Lehmann took the paper out but Cambiasso saw him & knew what was going on.

Cambiasso decided not to shoot where he usually does but Lehmann saved it.

It turned out that Cambiasso's name wasn't on the paper.

Interesting titbit about Cambiasso:

In the 2002 World Cup, Germany vs Argentina, the game went to penalties.
In the shootout, Jens Lehmann had a piece of paper in his sock that contained the direction the players would usually shoot. Before every penalty he would take the paper & check where the player would shoot. He got it right the first 3 times, saving the 2nd.
Germany scored all 4 & it was time for Cambiasso to shoot. As usual Lehmann took the paper out but Cambiasso saw him & knew what was going on.

Cambiasso decided not to shoot where he usually does but Lehmann saved it.

It turned out that Cambiasso's name wasn't on the paper.

Sign him up:freund:
Getting outsmarted by Jens Lehman is about as low as it gets as a footballer:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom