Have we signed Esteban Cambiasso yet [The race]

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Freudlyuchenko

Supporter
I'm not gay but $20 is $20
What will come first, Esteban or my first dog walk of the summer?

Dun DUN DUHHH

But yeah, I think he'll actually be a good signing, Friedelesque and we all know it essential to have one of these threads.

Register to remove

Looking increasing likely its a done deal
He will be 34 when the season starts, has just been let go by Inter and Inter fans for a couple of years have been saying he is over the hill and needed replacing. He also was done at international level 3 years ago.

Really can't see the point of this one TBH

I reckon it's a good signing, on a free.

Won the most of any Argentine player ever, probably looked up to by Lamela, won the triple with Inter a few years back.

Yes, he's old, but he's a DM not a winger, so experience, positioning and maturity can hopefully help close down games at, say, 1-0 up at 80 mins of a derby.

Anyway, he won't start every game, but the experience alone should be worth the wages.

Register to remove

I agree with most posts on this thread. Cambiasso was great in his day but now past his best, especially in the higher- paced Premier League.

Might be useful backup though and perhaps a valuable future member of the coaching team. We need some high quality, top-level experience.

Might be useful backup though and perhaps a valuable future member of the coaching team. We need some high quality, top-level experience.
That's my thinking. Pochettino isn't a fool, he clearly aint bringing in a 34yr old to enact the high-pressing ultra-fittness game he favours. More, I expect he thinks having some genuine high-level experience will help the squad as a whole, and sure things up a little.

Gallas was about that age when he came to us; he didn't sprint around like a 20yr old, but he put himself in good positions, and shouted at players at key moments.

ArcspacE

BINNED AGAIN
I agree with most posts on this thread. Cambiasso was great in his day but now past his best, especially in the higher- paced Premier League.

This

The days of dying Arry cloggers looking for a golden retirement handshake are thankfully long gone

I'll pass

Belgian Spur

Supporter
There is a thing about this higher paced EPL that bothers me though , how come some older players like Viera, Flamini and others fail in Italy but can come to the EPL and have an impact ? There must be others that i forgot about but even Scholes after 6 months in retirement made an almost direct impact. Is the high paced EPL a myth or does it only concern wingers and wingbacks ?

On a free. 60-70 grand a week for a couple of seasons. Yes or No? Yes! Pochettino knows him well. I trust Poch. If Cambiasso comes, he is coming for a reason. I suspect that is to add some leadership to what is a fairly young squad and to be Poch's allie and motivator in the dressing room. Plus architect on the pitch when things need changing.

Freudlyuchenko

Supporter
I'm not gay but $20 is $20
On a free. 60-70 grand a week for a couple of seasons. Yes or No? Yes! Pochettino knows him well. I trust Poch. If Cambiasso comes, he is coming for a reason. I suspect that is to add some leadership to what is a fairly young squad and to be Poch's allie and motivator in the dressing room. Plus architect on the pitch when things need changing.
I doubt we'd sign him on those wages. People don't realise how low our wage bill is in comparison to other clubs in this division.

Register to remove

Top Bottom