Have We Signed Bruno Fernandes Yet?????

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like we actually gave it a fair shot...

Understandably rejected to be fair considering the conditions of the add ons, though I didn't fully understand his statement plus another €20m ($22M) in bonuses for winning the Premier League and the Champions League
Was that amount split somehow between the two possible achievements or did Spurs have to win both :thumbdown:

Understandably rejected to be fair considering the conditions of the add ons, though I didn't fully understand his statement plus another €20m ($22M) in bonuses for winning the Premier League and the Champions League
Was that amount split somehow between the two possible achievements or did Spurs have to win both :thumbdown:
Knowing how these things work it was probably a series of various bonuses, including one for winning the champions league and the premier league, with various amounts tied to each clause. Not just one big bonus. Probably a few connected to the players individual performances (why pay a bunch of bonuses if Bruno ends up just sitting on the bench?).

The club I keep track off here in Sweden sold our key striker this summer and had a bunch of bonuses in the deal that would if all were fulfilled give us double the money according to our sporting director.

...though I didn't fully understand his statement plus another €20m ($22M) in bonuses for winning the Premier League and the Champions League
We had to win both, with Lo Celso scoring the winner in the 65th minute of the Final with a left foot volley, following a cross from Sonny, who was played through by Dele...

Otherwise, deal's off!! :levystare:

Oh shit, he has started the season well.

Out of first 10 games he has 7 goals and 5 assists.
Within those 10 games there has been only one (!!) game where he has not scored nor assisted.

And Sporting is in bad situation, so it's not like he is just riding on the wave of teams good form. Out of 11 total 11 games played they have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 5, they sit on 3rd place in the league.

Also A Bola claimed that we would go at him again in January (which makes sense because according to gossip, Eriksen seems quite likely to leave then as well + their chairman admitted they were willing to let him go already in summer). Just hoping that he is still attainable target at that time. If he continues this form to mid Jan, we might be looking at 70 mil EUR asking price...

Also A Bola claimed that we would go at him again in January (which makes sense because according to gossip, Eriksen seems quite likely to leave then as well + their chairman admitted they were willing to let him go already in summer). Just hoping that he is still attainable target at that time. If he continues this form to mid Jan, we might be looking at 70 mil EUR asking price...
Wasn't that what Sporting demanded in the summer to begin with?

Wasn't that what Sporting demanded in the summer to begin with?

I don't think so, if you read this article that is linked above.
We offered 45 mil (+ unrealistic add-on clauses worth 20 mil), their chairman basically said that it seemed very-very unlikely that those clauses would materialize. This kind of implied that if we would have offered bit below it as straight up sum - say 55-60 mil it could have happened. But this is clearly down to interpretation.

I don't think so, if you read this article that is linked above.
We offered 45 mil (+ unrealistic add-on clauses worth 20 mil), their chairman basically said that it seemed very-very unlikely that those clauses would materialize. This kind of implied that if we would have offered bit below it as straight up sum - say 55-60 mil it could have happened. But this is clearly down to interpretation.
From what I remember it was always Sporting demanding 70 mil up front with us offering 45 base + bonuses that would take it up to 60.

The Sporting president is also not the most trustworthy of characters. Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb can probably tell us more about how he is looked at in Portugal but wasn't it rumored that he let the ultras into the training ground to beat up his players?

From what I remember it was always Sporting demanding 70 mil up front with us offering 45 base + bonuses that would take it up to 60.

The Sporting president is also not the most trustworthy of characters. Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb can probably tell us more about how he is looked at in Portugal but wasn't it rumored that he let the ultras into the training ground to beat up his players?
That was sporting former president Bruno de Carvalho. The new one is a bit like Toby from the Office. A very strange and none people skills whatsoever.
that offer made was very laughed by the Portuguese media because it was like 20M euros on things like “Tottenham to win the League or the European cup” so not very reliable payment

That was sporting former president Bruno de Carvalho. The new one is a bit like Toby from the Office. A very strange and none people skills whatsoever.
that offer made was very laughed by the Portuguese media because it was like 20M euros on things like “Tottenham to win the League or the European cup” so not very reliable payment
So they replaced one weirdo with another weirdo?

Toby always got stick only for the reason that Michael was straight on as***le!
I mean literally, the way he behaved with Toby would deserve smack across the face...with barbed wire...wrapped around baseball bat.

Back
Top Bottom