Have we reached as far as we could go with the current set-up ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is there so much faith in a manager that has won nothing? (I don't include the audi cup).

In other words, do we think Mourinho or Pep would have won the CL final last year with the same team? Possibly.
Poch has done amazing given the circumstances. Pep or mourinho probably wouldn't have got us in to the final to being with.

Poch has done amazing given the circumstances. Pep or mourinho probably wouldn't have got us in to the final to being with.
Pep or mourinho would not have taken over at spurs to start with because they want, demand and expect instant success with ready made talent, so would not have been interested in Levy's 25 year plan for some success of sorts they have to buy into the bald ones philosophy or it won't work.

Pep or mourinho would not have taken over at spurs to start with because they want, demand and expect instant success with ready made talent, so would not have been interested in Levy's 25 year plan for some success of sorts they have to buy into the bald ones philosophy or it won't work.
I assume the success you speak of is the new Overground station at White Hart Lane

Being late 40's it feels like Enic have slowly pushed us along, like the tectonic plates pushing India up into China and creating the Himalaya.

Because it has been slow, we have not noticed the change everywhere.

The next 5 years will show if Enic have the acumen to create a Sporting/Events/Lifestyle Juggernaut, they all get that long for me (Poch as well if he and his team wants it). After all, if they secure an NFL franchise the site could become the biggest earning sports arena in the World, no?

I think Pochettino can take Spurs further, no question - given the right circumstances.
He definitely can
I just don't think he will be given the chance to even try though
Unfortunately I think you have a very good point and it will be galling to see him go on and have success elsewhere if that does happen.
What 'very good point'? It's an opinion or more correctly an assumption.

I don't have the feeling that everyone is pulling in the same direction like they were 3 or 4 years ago. Back then the players were younger, hungrier, fitter, on long contracts, they were prepared to run through brick walls for Poch and it showed on the pitch and with our results. There was a steely focus, a unity

Now, it's all a bit messy. Aging players, players running down contracts, constant injuries, no definitive playing style, uncertainty as to whether Poch will get the players he needs to rebuild, Poch himself is not so certain to remain at the club and be part of the rebuilding process

The season ahead will be a tough one I feel. Somehow Poch has to again create that unity and focus amongst the group. A base where everyone is working as one towards the goal set by Poch. It will be easier if he manages to get the players in that he wants and the likes of Rose, Toby and Eriksen leave because they are no longer committed to the long term at Spurs. Hopefully by the beginning of September things will be clearer

I don't have the feeling that everyone is pulling in the same direction like they were 3 or 4 years ago. Back then the players were younger, hungrier, fitter, on long contracts, they were prepared to run through brick walls for Poch and it showed on the pitch and with our results. There was a steely focus, a unity
Our players fight till the last minute for the cause. No way we would have reached the CL final based on talent alone. Players really tried their best for the team and for Poch.

Back
Top Bottom