Hate the shirt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The mad cocktail of Spurs offers a necessary diversion from the freefall of our lives. But if you boo or abuse a player in a Tottenham jersey, you are hating the shirt. Loving the shirt, for me at least, means supporting the person in it through ninety plus minutes of pleasure, pain and misfortune. A fan is for air-conditioning, support is more than the silky boost of a Victoria’s Secret bra on supple, young skin, it is something that lifts [...]

Continue reading...

Another patronising rant from another fan who thinks e is better than everyone else.

I liked your cricket not quite sure where I stand on you hypocrisy.

Thought it was a good article and agreed with it very much. Never understood how fans can boo one of our own players on the pitch in our shirt. I just can't do it. Feels like booing the club to me.

Not saying other fans are wrong, just saying what I feel.

Thanks Audere. Feel free to disagree, but not sure you understand the word, 'hypocrisy'. Google it.

Regarding the 'veiled racism', a minority of Spurs fans have sung a racist song about Adebayor in the past. Exhibit A.

Mention of the 'A' word. Sincere apologies. First and last.

Thanks Audere. Feel free to disagree, but not sure you understand the word, 'hypocrisy'. Google it.

Regarding the 'veiled racism', a minority of Spurs fans have sung a racist song about Adebayor in the past. Exhibit A.

Mention of the 'A' word. Sincere apologies. First and last.

I do mate Im afraid. In regard to the hypocrisy. Firstly is the withering put down of fans having special players they would never slate or put down then you write paragraphs of guff bigging up one of your faves. Mr Gallas. I haven't seen much more than a disaster in waiting this season yet you seem to think he is Franco Beresi. A few good games a season or two ago and he seems to have reached legendary status with you.

A poll between Ruddock and Gallas amongst a typical home crowd would clearly leave you stunned.

Secondly

This week a Spurs supporter was banned for swearing after being shopped by another fan via the club’s weasel-like texting service. But maybe true Spurs believers can use this shadowy system to their advantage. Should you see Adebayor, Gallas or any Tottenham player being abused in the remaining home games, text that ‘fan’s’ seat number to 07537 404821. Don’t hate the shirt. Love it.

You use the words weasel-like to describe a texting service then advocate that 'true' believers can use it with impunity because it fits your agenda.

Now I'm no lawyer.......

I'm sorry but the 'veiled racism' comment about Adebayor is utter tosh. Look at our match day crowd. We're a mixed bunch and all we care about is what you do on the pitch. Cuntface, Ade, Wenger etc get/got horrendous abuse because they are Woolwich - nothing else. They're not being insulted for being black or French or whatever. It's like the ignorant metro-liberal masses are looking at football culture in a swamp of ignorance and without any understanding of context or football culture.

Wasn't Beckhams effigy seen swinging from a lamp post near whl after France 98?

Personally I'm not really into calling for deaths of footballers. I find it distasteful. I also get bored of the stand up if you hate the scum when I'm smashing into a pie as well.

I'm not saying racism has gone from football but you certainly have to look for it nowadays. Thank God.

I could tell a reverse racism story regarding the bell and hare. And I will one day. But I will never step foot in that pub again because of this.

The mad cocktail of Spurs offers a necessary diversion from the freefall of our lives. But if you boo or abuse a player in a Tottenham jersey, you are hating the shirt. Loving the shirt, for me at least, means supporting the person in it through ninety plus minutes of pleasure, pain and misfortune. A fan is for air-conditioning, support is more than the silky boost of a Victoria’s Secret bra on supple, young skin, it is something that lifts [...]

Continue reading...

you'd do well in government fella... encouraging people to grass on fellow fans!!.
your lower than a snakes bollocks.

you'd do well in government fella... encouraging people to grass on fellow fans!!.
your lower than a snakes bollocks.

Have to agree, grassing up fellow fans that may say something regrettable in the heat of the moment is pretty poor IMO. No wonder the atmosphere is so bad, everyone is probably looking around them wondering if they have said/sung something that will offend some poor soul and get them a ban.

Back
Top Bottom