Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some good posts here and a lot to agree with.
With regard to Spurs, I like many, was emotionally wrung out by the time the final whistle blew in Madrid. I turned around and walked out of NWHL and haven’t watched any of it back.

The whole season was bizarre. Mediocrity punctuated by moments of sheer unbelievable drama and high octane skill.

I’ve started to think a little about the coming season now - as a ST holder it’s hard not to. My ‘other’ sport is cricket, so I always have something else in the post season to keep my interests elsewhere. I’m looking forward to seeing new signings and to seeing our best players returning after a much needed break.

I don’t ‘just’ support Spurs. I have an interest in global football, non-league and the general history of the game. However, what some have called ‘modern football’ here I too find an anathema. Sky (& others tbf) have killed it, saturating TV with too many games (less is more?). High ticket prices, stadium gentrification, drivel on social media, betting companies monopolising the periphery, VAR, even the fucking ad hoardings that light up and detract from the match some have paid almost a ton to see!!!

I’ll always love Spurs and what the game in general brings to so many people but I’ll always loathe what the ad-men, corporate consultants, agents, TV moguls and general cunts in suits have done...

I’ll always love Spurs and what the game in general brings to so many people but I’ll always loathe what the ad-men, corporate consultants, agents, TV moguls and general cunts in suits have done...
Way of the world these days, too many cunts telling you what you're supposed to like and now that smartphones are ubiquitous you can't get away from the fuckers either...

My answer is a definite No. I’m really excited to see what Pochettino can do with his 2nd phase of his project.

We have a far higher baseline as a starting point. The CL run put our name in lights, Pochettino’s reputation as an elite coach is solidified, the stadium, the financial muscle... The club is in a far better place than it was in 2014, and if you look at what has happened over the last 5 years, what could the next 5 years bring if we kept on the same trend?

Hello all, was a one time regular poster now not so much, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has lost their excitement for this coming season, and for football in general?

I don’t know if it was the CL final that killed me, or the fact we know where teams will finish before this season starts, or that football has lost all of its charm to money now but I just don’t feel the passion I once did whatsoever

Knowing domestic cups are pretty meaningless now and waiting for the Euro super league to be formed sometime soon which will be a large step to killing the game altogether.

I am just wondering if anyone else’s interest had waned at all with the whole thing?
Like many, after the CL final I had definitely had enough. I did promise myself - and my wife - that, if we had won, I would have chucked in my ST and the thousands I put into the club each year. Seasons are so long now that I am absolutely exhausted mentally at the end of each season. Fans can't rotate. I go to most games H&A and it takes its toll. But a summer without a major tournament helps me to get back into it. I love the summer off. For me, cricket is my healer. But, I am getting ready for the new season. I have to say that it takes me until September to get properly into the new season, but I love this club, Tottenham is part of me, until the day I die... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm one of the many who was hoping to bow out on a high after the CL final. Not sure if that would have actually happened but that is what I was telling myself at the time.

Instead I am back like a cheap slut for more. Especially after the last six months where we couldn't string two wins together to save ourselves.

Spurs are literally the only stress I have in my life.

COYS! :D

Fuck off you boring cunt

The difference being is that I make the odd remark it’s you that does it ‘constantly ‘ with your anti Sissoko agenda

You’re an absolute twat mate

Forum joke and it’s not just me that’s saying it now fuck off back to your tactics thread and sit on your double pivot

I'm not your fucking mate you stupid hypocrite wanker.

How so mucker?

I know you weren't asking me, but I really struggled to enjoy my first visit to the new gaff - Up and down like a fuckin' jack-in-a-box; constantly making way for people more concerned with refreshments than the game.

(I'd rather stand, but if I can't can I at least concentrate on what I paid £50+ for?)

I haven’t had enough of Spurs, but my enthusiasm for the game in general died the day Chelsea beat Bayern. The Sheik Mansour team had just won the league, then the other soulless plaything denies us a CL spot. After that I rarely got emotional about football.

The CL run last season changed that for a bit, and I was certainly emotional about the WHL finale and NWHL opening ceremony, but it’s something I just try to enjoy now.

Hello all, was a one time regular poster now not so much, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has lost their excitement for this coming season, and for football in general?

I don’t know if it was the CL final that killed me, or the fact we know where teams will finish before this season starts, or that football has lost all of its charm to money now but I just don’t feel the passion I once did whatsoever

Knowing domestic cups are pretty meaningless now and waiting for the Euro super league to be formed sometime soon which will be a large step to killing the game altogether.

I am just wondering if anyone else’s interest had waned at all with the whole thing?
Nope.... can't wait m'self!

I know you weren't asking me, but I really struggled to enjoy my first visit to the new gaff - Up and down like a fuckin' jack-in-a-box; constantly making way for people more concerned with refreshments than the game.

(I'd rather stand, but if I can't can I at least concentrate on what I paid £50+ for?)

Yeah, I said the same in the stadium thread after my first visit. I was right up high in the third tier too, no idea why the cunt at the front felt he had to keep standing, causing the ripple up, he would have had an outstanding view.

I don't mind a bit of up and down (ooh matron) normally but I've got a herniated L2 disk that was playing up that night and it was constant. The poor old cunt below me was using a walking stick and he gave up second half completely.

Back
Top Bottom