Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally l haven't enjoyed the ride since the beginning of last season.
Even before Christmas when results were good the football was haphazard, bumbling and not attractive. Everything came to a head after February when the away form collapsed with ramshackle performances .
The road to Madrid was typical chaos but brilliantly unbelievable. The final
was so soul crushing and so flat for a once in a life time occasion.
Today l feel that both Poch/Levy have failed on many different levels . The mess seems to get bigger daily but without intelligent planning and financial clout we are in for a long bloody shit journey .

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone on here went into the season really positive, cut out the bitching and got behind the team.

You just now its going to be same old, same old, slagging off Levy, Poch, the players are useless cunts, Trippiers sh..... err Davies is shit etc etc.

It's the entitled idiots that drain the energy from this site and the game for me. We all know who they are, year after year, same boring shite on repeat.

I can't wait for the new season, even more so the next 3 or 4 years when Poch really has fully been able to benefit from the stadiums increased revenue and build a squad winning trophies consistently.

Posters like John Thomas will come out with bollocks saying shite like the happy clappers won't deserve it, they never wanted investment blah blah blah. We'll just sit back and enjoy it even more knowing we invested our support for the long haul and enjoyed every minute of the journey seeing the club grow, the training complex, the stadium. We fully understood we needed to go through austerity and investment in infrastructure more than the squad to reap the longer term benefits and the glory when the stadium was finally finished.

A couple more signings before deadline and this could be a big, big season for us. Hang on to your seat because the buzz is going to come back in a huge way in these next few years.

How’s you’re super duper happy approach working out

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone on here went into the season really positive, cut out the bitching and got behind the team.

You just now its going to be same old, same old, slagging off Levy, Poch, the players are useless cunts, Trippiers sh..... err Davies is shit etc etc.

It's the entitled idiots that drain the energy from this site and the game for me. We all know who they are, year after year, same boring shite on repeat.

I can't wait for the new season, even more so the next 3 or 4 years when Poch really has fully been able to benefit from the stadiums increased revenue and build a squad winning trophies consistently.

Posters like John Thomas will come out with bollocks saying shite like the happy clappers won't deserve it, they never wanted investment blah blah blah. We'll just sit back and enjoy it even more knowing we invested our support for the long haul and enjoyed every minute of the journey seeing the club grow, the training complex, the stadium. We fully understood we needed to go through austerity and investment in infrastructure more than the squad to reap the longer term benefits and the glory when the stadium was finally finished.

A couple more signings before deadline and this could be a big, big season for us. Hang on to your seat because the buzz is going to come back in a huge way in these next few years.

Lol - when fantasy meets reality.

Last edited:
Personally l haven't enjoyed the ride since the beginning of last season.
Even before Christmas when results were good the football was haphazard, bumbling and not attractive. Everything came to a head after February when the away form collapsed with ramshackle performances .
The road to Madrid was typical chaos but brilliantly unbelievable. The final
was so soul crushing and so flat for a once in a life time occasion.
Today l feel that both Poch/Levy have failed on many different levels . The mess seems to get bigger daily but without intelligent planning and financial clout we are in for a long bloody shit journey .
Well, that lifted my spirits.....
:)

I confess to "checking out' for a couple of years around 2001, had some personal garbage to deal with. Funnily enough did the same regarding going to church when I first left home! But you never stop being a Spurs supporter (or Catholic for that matter), just the way you support them may have to change, due to circumstances. We should never feel guilty about that.
Being a Spurs supporter has always been a mix of pain, ecstasy and hopes being raised and then smashed to smithereens.
Would I want it any different? You bet your bottom dollar I would!!!!

FA Cup final day was brilliant.

I watched it every year from about 1970 to around the early 1990s without fail. I genuinely cannot recall the last time I watched it. Haven't watched a League cup final since ours in 2008.
I still know practically every scorer in every final in the 70's and 80's....now I can't even name who played who 5 years ago...

Football has become stale in general, especially in the PL.

That being said, I still love Spurs, I just realise that we won't win a single thing unless we get new owners that invest in the football side, I don't mean that we need owners who will spend £600m in 5 years like City have because you only have to look at United to see that money doesn't exactly buy success.

What we do need though is owners who invest in scouting and focus on improving the team and when finding players who will improve us, paying the money to make it happen, rather than just improving the marketability of the club like it's solely a business venture, stadiums don't win trophies.

This is was you get from two transfer windows in which one you sign absolutely fuck all and two you sign two good players even though you need to strengthen multiple positions.

I want them all out starting with Levy and ENIC. This is on their hands.

This is was you get from two transfer windows in which one you sign absolutely fuck all and two you sign two good players even though you need to strengthen multiple positions.

So you suggest we clear house the same way United did, new chief executive and new manager...that's going well...

Thank fuck for 'The Big Match Revisited'... there are some cracking old Spurs games on there!!

Always stick that on after a defeat... (ironically, Brighton beating us in 1983 is on there.... d'oh!)

I bloody love watching Spurs play; live, in the pub, on my laptop on the phone, doesn't matter. It's one of the highlights of my week. I also really like listening to thefightingcock podcast and reading this forum, although I'm starting to suspect it isn't family friendly :eriksenlol:

But you see his head ^. I love that smiley but I'm getting sick of seeing players like him not care. Not showing any passion. It makes watching them feel like an ordeal. Sure they have off days, always did, or days where they're flat out knackered. But in their current state this is one of the most couldn't-give-a-shit teams full of talent I've seen wear the shirt. We've had lesser teams give more and here we have the reverse. And it's draining my enthusiasm.

All the other PL games I catch on MOTD but that's it. Too much footie to take in. I can't remember who most of the players are. Couldn't even name most of Brighton's team and we only watched them yesterday (Collins not included...that cheeky little sod was quality). When you lot talk about who we should buy in the transfers, 9 times out of 10 I've never heard of them if they're from abroad. Dybala was the only one who made me sit up.

In all honesty, the most enjoyable game I've watched this season was a championship match between Middlesboro and Luton. Old school tatty stadium, fans right up in the faces of the players, incredible atmosphere, loads of goals. Returning to PL matches in these huge stadiums felt a little cold by comparison.

I hate those newsnow links that take you to headlines like: Lloris is injured and Spurs fans want him GONE, followed by 4 Twotters with a like each bleating on about how shit he is. Voice your opinions on Twitter or forums but don't make a bloody article out of it.

Hello all, was a one time regular poster now not so much, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has lost their excitement for this coming season, and for football in general?

I don’t know if it was the CL final that killed me, or the fact we know where teams will finish before this season starts, or that football has lost all of its charm to money now but I just don’t feel the passion I once did whatsoever

Knowing domestic cups are pretty meaningless now and waiting for the Euro super league to be formed sometime soon which will be a large step to killing the game altogether.

I am just wondering if anyone else’s interest had waned at all with the whole thing?

Yes, years ago but not completely for the reasons stated but similar.

Without a system of equalising it a bit, the skew is too difficult to bridge over the course of a season.

But this time round, City and Liverpool apart, it's a more even playing field. No doubt at all.

Football in general is a bit meh year on year it becomes less relevant to me, I used to watch all the big games on super Sunday religiously all the cl games, match of the day, internationals etc, unless it's a particularly quiet Sunday or Spurs are on super sunday is hardly ever and half the time when I can watch it I don't I just flick through the channels, watched MOTD twice last season and didn't love it, Cl I probably watch a few from the QF stage onwards and most of the time I forget international football is even on but enjoy Big England games.

My passion for Spurs burns brighter than ever tho and I make an effort to see most games it feels like life and death sometimes I'm fanatical, I am also enjoying Southgates England and appreciate it more because I don't really care if they lose (even the WC semi didn't sting long) anything is a bonus and they are exceeding my expectations.

I'd say my passion for football is a strong as ever just more concentrated in certain areas.
Same here. I can pretty much take or leave watching most matches. I used to make sure i was in to watch a certain game & base things around that. Now I watch it if I happen to be in. I guess it's bad in the sense I don't like football as much. But good in the sense you make it less important & you can take or leave it. Also with us its just top 4 or not, so it's not like will we win the title. We already know we won't. So that's not big rewards & surprise in store. Modern football has made top 4 bigger than the cups sadly.
I have MOTD on series record & usually end up with about 15 unwatched. I get that far behind. So can't even be bothered to watch all the highlights.

Last edited:

It's no coincidence Liverpool & city got new owners & are now flying. Unless we change owners we will never get there.

I was getting bored at the beginning of the season but, I've got to say, the current crisis has piqued my interest again - maybe it's my gallows humour? 😄

I follow our games fairly closely and go to some matches, but I can take/leave (mostly leave!) the media circus surrounding football. As for other matches in the PL and Championship, foreign leagues etc I catch a couple a season nowadays - combination of being busy with other stuff and saturation, I don't have time. There's too much for even the most die-hard fan to take in - 24 hour coverage, a billion matches on different TV/internet channels, constant rolling speculation in the media etc etc...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom