Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buzzing from a brilliant day at Silverstone. I'm really looking to the new season at the stadium.

Over the years we all have our ups & downs with football (but never with Spurs, as far as I'm concerned). Sometimes life takes over for a while - it's normal. But you'll always come back to it in the end. Go with the flow.

I'll never 'have enough'. You just don't. No matter how fucked up things might get, you stay with the team. Of course, at the moment we're very far from fucked up, so i don't even get why you'd have had enough (general you, not opening poster).

I've had enough of other clubs. Oh yes, i've had enough of their snide comments, the years of 'you'll never break the top 4', the 'you can't keep players because they want champions league football', the 'well, you won't maintain a champions league place', the 'well, who cares if you're now in the top 4, your manager is leaving' or 'you ain't won nothing' or 'your chairman is a tight jew' or 'we're slightly anti-semetic but afraid to admit it so we'll support anyone, even sworn enemies, to beat you', the constant anti spurs media bias. The dismissal, the belittling, the arrogance.

I've had enough of those things. Never spurs or a new season.

COYS!

Agreed

As you know I’ve been totally hooked since 1960-61 and have never lost my fanaticism and total bias towards anything Spurs but I also get fed up with negative posters who keep continually whining about us not spending enough, Levy and ENIC are cunts etc etc etc

They may have a point so just make it and shut the fuck up but they drone on and on and on ad finitum ad nauseam
We all know who most of them are and some have been doing for years and I don’t know why they even support our great club

But others are worse

They take a dislike to a particular player and during a game if that player fucks up and we concede they are positively delighted

Whenever we concede I am fucking gutted

I don’t like all of our players and whinge occasionally like we all do and get carried away in the heat of the moment like we all do but if they’re wearing our shirt then we should get behind them
Doubtless the usual suspects will be scrolling through my posts on previous match threads going back years looking for evidence of me slagging players off which was why I put in that last caveat

But these so called ‘fans ‘ keep on continuously slagging off the same players during the close season and have continued even for the first friendly

SHUT THE FUCK UP
ENOUGH ALREADY

So you "getting carried away" in match threads and slagging players (like Trippier) constantly is OK, when others do it to a player you like then they are of course "worse" than you. Either don't fucking do it yourself or don't fucking whine when others do it. Fucking hypocrite.

I have been pretty relaxed about the summer break where usually I am just desperate for the football to kick off again. I think I've just had a lot of other stuff going on. It's also weird because we don't quite know what our team is going to be, and what way we are going to play, and once all that is set it'll feel more normal.

I really fancy us this season though. I think we've matured a lot as a club from that CL final. I have a very good feeling about what is around the corner.

Edit: what the fuck do i know though!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with this. After 55 years supporting Spurs I still get excited every season about our chances, our fixtures and our team. Transfer windows mean nothing until they're over and we see just what our squad looks like then, but for some people it's that which drives their excitement for the season. It's when I read shit like this that I think the 'support' base has gone mad:

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni 48 minutes ago
We have only made one first team signing so far, so yeah I'm not really excited fo new season at the moment unless things quickly change.

How shallow if one or two new signings make the difference between being excited about watching and supporting your team through a new season or spending the year whining on a football forum about how crap the team you 'support' is because we failed to sign the player that should have been so easy to get. Everyone's an expert!

So yes I am excited and yes I think we'll win the league and go one better in the ECL and probably win the FA Cup as well. I'll have money on us to win all three. I'll watch every game, sadly most on TV or a stream but I will get to as many live games as I can. And I won't care if we don't sign Dybala or it takes until the end of the window to sign any more players, and I don't really care if Bale doesn't come back on obscene wages just because he used to play for us, and I'll forgive Delli and Sonny and Harry and Moussa if they have the odd poor game, and I'll cry when we get to the Champions League final again and I'll understand why we can't beat the Bank of Man City. Why you may ask - am I stupid? No, it's all because I love Tottenham Hotspur!
We are the bestest, we have the perfect squad that doesn't need any strengthening, we are going to win quadruple next season and Levy is the greatest chairman ever.

So you "getting carried away" in match threads and slagging players (like Trippier) constantly is OK, when others do it to a player you like then they are of course "worse" than you. Either don't fucking do it yourself or don't fucking whine when others do it. Fucking hypocrite.

Fuck off you boring cunt

The difference being is that I make the odd remark it’s you that does it ‘constantly ‘ with your anti Sissoko agenda

You’re an absolute twat mate

Forum joke and it’s not just me that’s saying it now fuck off back to your tactics thread and sit on your double pivot

Fuck off you boring cunt

The difference being is that I make the odd remark it’s you that does it ‘constantly ‘ with your anti Sissoko agenda

You’re an absolute twat mate

Forum joke and it’s not just me that’s saying it now fuck off back to your tactics thread and sit on your double pivot
I always have high hopes for a post that starts with, "****off you boring ****", and this one did not disappoint.

Last edited:
I always have high hopes for a post that starts with, "Fuck off you boring cunt", and this one did not disappoint.

My original post on this thread was aimed exactly at cunts like him who also did not disappoint

Sad fuck

Don’t spend too much time on your PC though

Someone might send you a Gif criticising you

giphy.gif

Has anyway else noticed over the summer and the last few threads over the last few days that have just been opinion based threads just casual chat about Tottenham there are certain posters that haven’t appeared? Wonder if they will appear when the season starts and erm......Tottenham don’t do as well as everybody hopes!

Last edited:
Has anyway else noticed over the summer and the last few threads over the last few days that have just been opinion based threads just casual chat about Tottenham there are a few certain posters haven’t appeared? Wonder if they will appear when the season starts and erm......Tottenham don’t do as well as everybody hopes!

Good point mate

Wait for the Villa game if we go behind early

They’ll start crawling out of the woodwork then

The CL final was a really tough thing to take at the end of a long season, but the journey we took to get there was the most exciting / stressful / heartbreaking / joyous experience I have ever had watching our beautiful team. The memories I have celebrating with other spurs fans after the Man City win at the stadium (and also in the pub after the Ajax game) will live with me for ever.

I completely get why people are a bit deflated, but I will always love this club and the amazing fans we have, and I can't wait to get back into our new fortress to see Ndombele (plus any new signings) bang in a worldy!

We are the bestest, we have the perfect squad that doesn't need any strengthening, we are going to win quadruple next season and Levy is the greatest chairman ever.
Interesting that you have that view as your posts don't come over like that. You know what? I quite like the new positive Mindblown - a bit OTT maybe but better to support the team than constantly slag them off, eh?

Actually I think you might just have missed my point. Nobody thinks like that - it's all about putting heart and soul behind a club that we love and supporting them through good and bad times. If your way of showing 'support' is to constantly post negative views on a forum that's fine - whatever floats your boat. Just don't expect me or possibly many others to share your views, that's all.

Doing less and less games as the years go by but this is more due to distance than anything else. Will always love Tottenham Hotspur but all the modern things in the game get on my tits. Too many to list here but I am a miserable fucker in general anyway. If we win the league I may even smile. COYS.

I can not think of one single thing I enjoy about modern football, too much money, social media, shit atmosphere at all grounds, football tourists glued to their phones with their half and half scarfs and TV pundits have switched me off from the game altogether, I detest what it has become while more and more clubs financially struggle in the lower leagues and local kids are only interested in the top teams.

But I love Spurs and always will, it's the only time I get excited about football is when Spurs are playing and that will never change.

Back
Top Bottom