Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Knowing domestic cups are pretty meaningless now and waiting for the Euro super league to be formed sometime soon which will be a large step to killing the game altogether.

I fear for the future of the game, but for so long as we have it, I love spending time with it as much as I ever did.

I mean, I definitely enjoy talking about football more than watching it these days

I feel the exact opposite. I find the business side of it interesting, but silly season sucks, I just want to watch the games.

I’m not as passionate about Tottenham as I’ve been in the past. Probably because there’s a lot of things happening in my life right now. Always looking forward to the matches though and do plan on making at least one match next season. Still love playing football myself though, probably more than ever

Hello all, was a one time regular poster now not so much, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has lost their excitement for this coming season, and for football in general?

I don’t know if it was the CL final that killed me, or the fact we know where teams will finish before this season starts, or that football has lost all of its charm to money now but I just don’t feel the passion I once did whatsoever

Knowing domestic cups are pretty meaningless now and waiting for the Euro super league to be formed sometime soon which will be a large step to killing the game altogether.

I am just wondering if anyone else’s interest had waned at all with the whole thing?

Hate modern football (money, media and fans)... Love Spurs.....

Bit like a crack addict feels, I suspect.

If you had asked me this up until a couple of weeks ago,I would have agreed with you.
But I am really looking forward to the new season now. Not saying the things you highlighted aren't true,just for me I have got my buzz back. What else would I moan about on a Sunday afternoon down the pub or at work Monday morning?... :)

The Tories gave us Brexit for this, bless 'em.

The old adage of happiness coming from within with springs to mind. As an ageing fogey I find pleasure and happiness in simple spontaneous things.

Life is like a circle. My nephews were down last week and playing with bits of chalk on the seafront - it was like they were in a state of ecstasy, enjoying the moment. For free.

I can't get excited so much about things nots in my control, and Spurs definitely tick that box. Will always be my team but not like it was before.

Last edited:
Just noticed how so few of the serial discontents in our midst are posting in this thread....

Further proof (as if it were needed) that the cunts love nothing more than to bitch and moan and that maybe beneath the surface they realise the club is in far better shape that they are honest enough to admit.

Just noticed how so few of the serial discontents in our midst are posting in this thread....

Further proof (as if it were needed) that the cunts love nothing more than to bitch and moan and that maybe beneath the surface they realise the club is in far better shape that they are honest enough to admit.

Please don't encourage the miserable bastards to come in here. They've soured enough of the forum already.

I’m stoked for the start of the season. This team is exciting leading up to the season starting because we know how amazing we can be, but also how flat we can be. I’m excited to see which one comes out in the season opener.

I still really want us to win a cup. I don’t think it’s meaningless and I feel the second the FA Cup is meaningless is the second football becomes meaningless.

Regarding TFC, I feel like it’s inundated with either blowhards that can get enough of their own opinions or dickheads waiting for a fight. The levelheaded posters I hardly see anymore and that’s a bummer.

I'm more engaged than I have ever been with football and Tottenham. This includes delusional teenage years watching us win FA Cups and UEFA Cups and thinking that this is what was normal'ish.

I've never seen us this consistently good and IMO we are now back in the top 6 teams in English football when I was a kid we were known to be one of the "big five". I'm absolutely loving it right now, it feels fucking brilliant to be one of the best teams in the country and possible title contenders.

Following the Champions League final I didn't watch or read anything about football, I was fatigued. I still haven't watched back the final and I doubt I will. The big difference with football today, as opposed to my youth or even 10yrs ago, is that it's 24/7 and if you are fighting for things (getting to semi-finals and finals) it's even more stressful. I Think this takes it out of you as a supporter. The other thing is the "banter" is worse and relentless, driven mostly by 11yr olds kids wanking into their socks behind a TV screen, as getting to a final is apparently worse than getting knocked out of the thing first round!!!

But I've had my break, last game I watched was our CL Final followed by Englands loss in the semi-final friendly but not a friendly competition. Now can't wait for the season to start.

Last edited:
I'm more engaged than I have ever been with football and Tottenham. This includes delusional teenage years watching us win FA Cups and UEFA Cups and thinking that this is what was normal'ish.

I've never seen us this consistently good and IMO we are now back in the top 6 teams in English football when I was a kid we were known to be one of the "big five". I'm absolutely loving it right now, it feels fucking brilliant to be one of the best teams in the country and possible title contenders.

Following the Champions League final I didn't watch or read anything about football, I was fatigued. I still haven't watched back the final and I doubt I will. The big difference with football today, as opposed to my youth or even 10yrs ago, is that it's 24/7 and if you are fighting for things (getting to semi-finals and finals) it's even more stressful. I Think this takes it out of you as a supporter. The other thing is the "banter" is worse and relentless, driven mostly by 11yr olds kids wanking into their socks behind a TV screen, as getting to a final is apparently worse than getting knocked out of the thing first round!!!

But I've had my break, last game I watched was our CL Final followed by Englands lose in the semi-final friendly but not a friendly competition. Now can't wait for the season to start.
Almost at my paragraph limit there...

Hello all, was a one time regular poster now not so much, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has lost their excitement for this coming season, and for football in general?

I don’t know if it was the CL final that killed me, or the fact we know where teams will finish before this season starts, or that football has lost all of its charm to money now but I just don’t feel the passion I once did whatsoever

I am just wondering if anyone else’s interest had waned at all with the whole thing?
Know what you mean, I miss the 90s too.
:harrylol:

If you'd asked this question a couple of weeks ago I'd have said that I was not excited at all, but actually now that we've played a couple of games I'm starting to look forward to it. Part of that is probably because the Inter game is next weekend which will be my first visit to the new stadium so I'm really excited for that, and I've been impressed with some of the youngsters this week so hope they get some game time this season.

That's a brilliant summing up. I'm a Spurs supporter first and foremost, not really interested in other games, unless it affects us. I don't bother watching live games unless we're playing. And that's always been the case, even before the days of blanket coverage.

Unfortunately this is my attitude too now!
I remember loving watching Liverpool and even UTD win European Cups, less tribalism and just pure love of the game.

Is the grass greener...... for us anyway is it better to keep dreaming and believing we can reach the top or would it be better actually getting there...... if we'd won our last competitive game Tottenham Hotspur FC wouldn't have been the same ever again and possibly not in a good way!

Is the grass greener...... for us anyway is it better to keep dreaming and believing we can reach the top or would it be better actually getting there...... if we'd won our last competitive game Tottenham Hotspur FC wouldn't have been the same ever again and possibly not in a good way!

Oh please give this old man just one opportunity to breathe in the thin atmosphere that must exist on top of the Premiership mountain. Let me gasp like a waterless goldfish in the euphoria of watching the team finally lifting that elusive trophy.
Daniel Levy I beseech you to do the decent thing by us and the manager...purchase the players Poch believes he needs regardless of the price tag. Let's do this thing before I have to start wearing nappies again... please :thumbup:
:coys:

Back
Top Bottom