Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally get the sentiment. It’s the snake eating it’s own tail.
I completely switched off from football after the disappointment of the CL final for several weeks, but I am starting to get the itch again now.
Just want us to have a season without any long term injuries. Back in our home, I think we will be a much tougher proposition this time around. A strong & settled squad to rotate (& I hope Poch does rotate more with the squad if it’s all available) & I’m quietly confident that we will be there or thereabouts
Silverware would be nice. Very nice. Any of the silver pots on offer at home or abroad (& I don’t mean some friendly tournament trophy)

Whilst I can easily relate to all the things you mention having followed us for decades this isn't new ....

We've had periods where disaster was always just around the corner '72 -'77 was just a long drawn out wait to be relegated ... from '90 - '05 we were hanging around mid-table West Ham style ... it was pretty grim

From the start of the EPL until now pretty much everyone could pick the winners from '92 - '04 it was United (8) or Woolwich (3) just Blackburn buying the title in '95 broke that trend ... then from '05 - '11 it was United (4) or Chelsea (3) ... it's only in the last 7 years that we've had 4 different winners and now City seem to be putting an end to that cycle with their billionaire squad ....

In all the 25 years of the EPL we've not once started as favourites or even second favourites, in fact for 22 of those 25 seasons we weren't even fancied for the top four .... and it took us 18 attempts to achieve that, now we've managed it five in eight ... happy days

This season we start third favourites and with a few more rumored signings we are very much in with a serious chance of wining something ....

So whilst I get what you're saying for me going to our fabulous new home (at least 4 games planned this year) is still going to be a highlight of my year ... just as the City CL game was last year ... I'm still looking forward to it as much as I did as a kid in the sixties ... it's a disease that simply can't be cured.

I get what you’re saying. I know I don’t really get on with the idea of Premiership football but I still love Tottenham and I will always love the game.

It’s in the blood, I just can’t imagine not going absolutely mental when we get a winner in an NLD. No feeling like it. And being honest a buzz I probably couldn’t do without.

The thing is as much as I like watching spurs play the main thing I like about football is the comdarie with fellow fans. The jokes train journeys to away games. The pubs before and after the game. The characters you get to know over the years. I would still go to spurs regardless of how shit we were and did in the 00s when I started supporting because it is the fans that make the club and not the players. The way I see it now is that we are living our best life on pitch. If you would have told me when I was 13 that we would have got to a champions League final in my life I would have said what are you smoking, can I have some.

I haven't "had enough" but the constant whinging from the usual entitled suspects on here can drag me down sometimes.

It's fucking irritating to read the same old shite from the same miserable bumpkins banging on about spending 500 million in the transfer market or we will" go backwards" 🙄

When we were shit, our fanbase was much more loyal and positive...its weird!

Anyway, decision today made to block the usual suspects. I'd rather an echo chamber of positivity than a well of whinging.

I will always support spurs, but I can also tell you now that if this exclusive European super league is formed, than that will absolutely kill football for me.
It does when we do a match thread and you get some cunt that comes on at page 10 or 11 when the game has just started and doom and gloom you think, “what the fuck are you on” Such and such a player is useless, manager doesn’t know what he’s doing and fuck me it is draining and at that point you think, really where were you when Doherty, Cundy, Armstrong, Austin, calderwood, caskey when they were our team you’d have something to moan about then.

Absolutely spot on OP! This is the future of English football but, it is happening right now

CrIZjeUWcAA41Di.jpg

If you contrast any club in Germany, England is just the epitome of gluttony

I mean, I definitely enjoy talking about football more than watching it these days, and that has come and gone in cycles. Even though Poch's first season was a little uneven, you could see some exciting things happening, and then the football in his second season was simply electric. I loved watching that Spurs side.

It's difficult for me to follow our exploits in the CL, because it always falls on a weekday. The best I can normally settle for is a muted stream at work on my second monitor, which rarely creates excitement.

I believe the squad needs a little friction. Something to shake up the more settled elements of the squad and get them excited again. A lot of our squad doesn't look to enjoy their football anymore, besides the two Harrys that spent most of last season injured; and Poch certainly doesn't punish players' lack of form by dropping them to the bench, which I suspect has generated an amount of complacency in certain players.

Makes it hard to enjoy watching football when it looks like the players aren't enjoying playing it.

I get where Mensa Mensa is coming from. I used to post on here a lot more than I do now. For various reasons, mostly real-life related, I had to take a step back from it all, and I feel I can enjoy it more now because of it.

24/7 media coverage, 24/7 access to forums to talk about everything and anything football related, it starts to become overwhelming. Especially dealing with the change in attitudes toward the game, particularly in regards to the transfer windows. I find I was spending less time talking about Spurs as something I love in my life, and more time arguing with others about the club.

I still get drawn in though. I just replied to a guy on twitter who said that he'd gladly have us play in red shirts if it meant we could sign Dybala... That shit right there is why I need to take a step back...oh and, match threads! There are some supporters that I just don't/can't agree with when it comes down to my club and what we want/expect.

Away from the hyperbole, sensationalism and transfer window fantasists, I can enjoy being a Spurs fan for the reasons that suit me. 90+ minutes of the boys in Lilywhite putting in a performance I can appreciate, irrespective of an individual error of two that would otherwise see the player chastised by certain keyboard warriors.

Whether you're as excited now as you've been before doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, you'll always be invested to some degree because you're Spurs, it's in your blood, it will last a lifetime and maintaining that level of excitement for a lifetime isn't good for your health.

Don't know if I am fed up with the game but I am starting to get fed up with some fans getting on a soapbox and proclaiming themselves to be proper fans while anyone who dare have any doubts about our ambition and strategy in the transfer market are branded "melts" or "gooner" trolls

If I hear the " buying players isn't like going to the supermarket for a loaf of bread " one more time I may go mad

It's all about attitude, I'm only really here to take the piss...

A couple of tips, never read posts that last more than 3 or 4 paragraphs, anybody who writes anything longer are just fucking blowhards...and don't even start on ones with multiple quotes....

It's all about attitude, I'm only really here to take the piss...

A couple of tips, never read posts that last more than 3 or 4 paragraphs, anybody who writes anything longer are just fucking blowhards...and don't even start on ones with multiple quotes....

You've been spared reading anything that Blakey has ever posted then, you lucky bastard!

As said before by Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , I don't like football anymore, the summer break was much needed.

I support Spurs, it's in the blood and second religion.

I enjoy match days, used to go to 10 plus matches in the past but more recently being a season ticket holder, 7 hours plus spent travelling living in NW of London and prefer to use public transport. The most enjoyable part is when we score a goal jumping up and down like a 5 year old child, keep promising myself to control but always fail.

I have been to many semi finals cup games and European ties where we lost but the CL final loss which I didn't go was the most painful and still is. it's like Mabbut's own goal against Coventry which he didn't get over it until Des walker's own goal in 1991. So till we win the CL.

As for the coming season, I don't expect to win the PL or CL but Poch should take the cups seriously as we need desperately to win one of them. I want to go to a cup final and win it seeing the team lift a silverware and experience it again after 20 years.

So, this will be the first season I will be making a point to watch Spurs every match. I’ve recently dedicated my heart and soul to the club and am looking forward to the joys and heartache of following a new sports team.

I’ve been watching EPL for a few years now and chose to follow Spurs about halfway through last season.

COYS!!!!

Always takes a while to really get into it again at the beginning of the season. An early defeat never hurts as much as one in the second half of the season and a goal not quite as enthusiastically celebrated.
Despite all the talk and optimism only 1 player to replace Dembele and Trippier, Vorm and Llorente all left. Still time to improve this but whilst still have confidence in getting top 4, can see the quest for a cup win continuing as squad needs more depth.

I’m very excited - new stadium, new chapter under Poch. I don’t really follow any other sport outside of football now with the exception of American college football. I find myself caring about a team 4,000 miles away because I genuinely enjoy watching Spurs.

I don’t engage in social media and restrict my media consumption to sites and journos I enjoy reading and listening to, so I don’t get a lot of the negativity and reductive storylines.

It’s all a bit different for everyone, I just hope that people don’t let the noise get in the way of enjoying the experience.

Back
Top Bottom