Harry.. You were doing so good..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dear Harry, just when I was thinking you had realized by keeping your mouth shut you were respecting the streak (no press=winning this season) you go and say:

"I don't know where we would bring anybody in January? We are pretty strong all over the pitch."

Now Harry, there is some truth to that but I hope this is another clever ploy in your managerial genius (wink,wink) to keep players flying high. Surely you can see how thin we are at the back with The Kings knees and Gallas nursing a calf. Ok maybe another striker or right winger would be icing but please take a moment, gather those thoughts and realize we have a long way to go. You shouldn't just be "glad to be a part of it" you should be ready to take it onward and upward. England haven't called...yet.

As you were Harry.

Sincelery. Mark

C'mon mate. Harry never shows his hand in relation to his transfer window plans. I dont tend to listen too much to to what he says on the topic. I trust he and Levy know what we need.

I liked the "glad to be a part of it" comment. Just about the first time i can think of where he hasn't cliamed full and complete responsibility for anything good about the club. Not that he doesnt deserve his dues, but i do like a bit of modesty, especially as he's ready and waiting to detatch himself from any responsibility of anything that goes badly at the club.

Im happy for him to be self serving as long we we reap the benefits aswell.

Was sincelery intentional?

He was probably asked the question, he can't win either way he answers that really. If he started naming names, he'd be accused of tapping up, if he says we don't need anyone then he'll get stick.

Ben, I agree that it was nice to hear the "just glad to be a part of it" think it just frustrates me to not know what kind of influence he has on the team. Just thinking of what may happen when another manager comes in. Is it the players or Harry? Seems like with the additions to what we had he may not be more then the nice guy and that works for some managers. Would an Ancelotti fill that gap? More respect from players for tactical ability? Feels like if we had those additions last year we would be in CL right now which tells me Redknapp may not be more than a cheerleader. All good points by you and Thelonious.

anything can happen but Cahill would be right up there on my list of players

Cahill then replace Pav with Leandro or Llorente and we'd be fucking minted

keep it on the deck and you could do them

Cahill has better ball control than both but Kaboul does have big potential I just don't think he's quite on Cahills level yet

I'm not to fussed with CB though but with Ledley and Gallas not real long term options we'll need a real good one sooner or latter. I had high hopes for Caulker still do because he looked quality at the beginning of the season at Swansea then he got that fucking injury.

VanDerBale said:
Ben, I agree that it was nice to hear the "just glad to be a part of it" think it just frustrates me to not know what kind of influence he has on the team. Just thinking of what may happen when another manager comes in. Is it the players or Harry? Seems like with the additions to what we had he may not be more then the nice guy and that works for some managers. Would an Ancelotti fill that gap? More respect from players for tactical ability? Feels like if we had those additions last year we would be in CL right now which tells me Redknapp may not be more than a cheerleader. All good points by you and Thelonious.

I see what you're saying but i dont think you can stay in football managment as long as Harry by just being a cheerleader.

SAF never talks tactic's with the cameras, yet no-one ever doubts his tactical ability because of his record (Part down to his ability, part down to having an almost unlimited warchest and the pull to be able to sign almost any player in the world ). I see Harry and Fergie as having similar managerial styles, its just Harry is more media friendly/savvy and SAF is mor famous for his being a hard task master.

However SAF uses the media too, not to gain popularity and make people chuckle, but to his own ends. on the flipside, I bet Harry can be an absoulte cunt to work for if he is not happy with you, he also has a temper, as we all saw when he told to reporter to fark orf when he called him a wheeler dealer. He looked cross, i wouldnt want a bollockoing off him.

Point im trying to make is that I bet we know far less about Harry Redknapp than we all like to think. Personally, i just put my faith in him, laugh at at his cheeky chappie inteviews, and take what he says with a healthy pinch of salt.

Ben said:
VanDerBale said:

I see what you're saying but i dont think you can stay in football managment as long as Harry by just being a cheerleader.

SAF never talks tactic's with the cameras, yet no-one ever doubts his tactical ability because of his record (Part down to his ability, part down to having an almost ). I see Harry and Fergie as having similar managerial styles, its just Harry is more media friendly/savvy and SAF is mor famous for his being a hard task master.

However SAF uses the media too, not to gain popularity and make people chuckle, but to his own ends. on the flipside, I bet Harry can be an absoulte cunt to work for if he is not happy with you, he also has a temper, as we all saw when he told to reporter to fark orf when he called him a wheeler dealer. He looked cross, i wouldnt want a bollockoing off him.

Point im trying to make is that I bet we know far less about Harry Redknapp than we all like to think. Personally, i just put my faith in him, laugh at at his cheeky chappie inteviews, and take what he says with a healthy pinch of salt.

Well said. Agree with the wheeler dealer comment. Probably should ask Hutton about being on his bad side ;)

Back
Top Bottom