Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ChuckleShuffle

To me, to you then!
Does anyone know a lot about this guy?

Nice to see Poch giving another youngster the opportunity despite it only being a short amount, only 18 years old. Seemed happy enough to get on the grass though!

So exciting to see him make his debut. Though we all know how long this road might be, should he turn out to be a good player for us. With some players' attitudes over the past couple of seasons, it's refreshing to see somebody thrilled to simply get on the pitch for five minutes! It's what you want to see.

Feels a long time ago that Harry Kane's beautiful face came along. Just hope that we don't loan Winks out anywhere inappropriate (if we do that rather than keep him around).

So exciting to see him make his debut. Though we all know how long this road might be, should he turn out to be a good player for us. With some players' attitudes over the past couple of seasons, it's refreshing to see somebody thrilled to simply get on the pitch for five minutes! It's what you want to see.

Feels a long time ago that Harry Kane's beautiful face came along. Just hope that we don't loan Winks out anywhere inappropriate (if we do that rather than keep him around).
I agree, I'd like to see him kept around the place and used in matches like he was. I think that Poch has a great respect for what young players that have a huge desire so I think we will see him stay and not loaned out.

I agree, I'd like to see him kept around the place and used in matches like he was. I think that Poch has a great respect for what young players that have a huge desire so I think we will see him stay and not loaned out.
One of the benefits of the academy kids getting better in quality - they're more able to actually do a job straight away for us without being a massive liability.

Now if we can start winning matches by more than one goal (in the last minute) we might be able to start substituting them on more!
:chadliblow:

This is one of the bonuses of us being pretty wank at the moment.

There is less risk throwing a few talented kids in because they don't have to set the world alight to outshine some of the 1st team players.

This is one of the bonuses of us being pretty wank at the moment.

There is less risk throwing a few talented kids in because they don't have to set the world alight to outshine some of the 1st team players.

Yeah true, if us being a bit shit and disjointed currently results in a few of the younger kids coming through like has already happened with Mason (I'M 23 CUNTS) and Kane then its not the end of the world. I think we would all prefer a few more home grown players than overpriced/overhyped foreigners.
Sorry if that sounded a bit Daily mail, fukkin foreynars

Watched loads of him last year in the U18s. Was certainly one of the best players. He's a tenacious CM who is confident on the ball, and can pick a pass. Kind of like a 2 footed Tom Carroll who puts himself about a lot more.

Not strong enough yet to play the out and out CDM role, plus he offers enough going forward that he would be a bit wasted there, but I think he'd be good in a midfield 3 with Stambouli and Eriksen, behind Lamela, Soldado and Kane.

In the U18s last year, he often played in a midfield 3 with Lesniak (a DM - Stambouli) and Onomah (driving forward, always trying to make something happen kind of CM - Eriksen), so I think that could work well if replicated in the senior team.

Last edited:
If I remember rightly Sky Sports did an article not so long ago on upcoming youngsters around the world and Harry Winks was shortlisted as a very good England prospect by them. I hope his potential comes good and he can get some more minutes here and there. Shame he is trying to get involved in our most competitive position though!

If I remember rightly Sky Sports did an article not so long ago on upcoming youngsters around the world and Harry Winks was shortlisted as a very good England prospect by them. I hope his potential comes good and he can get some more minutes here and there. Shame he is trying to get involved in our most competitive position though!
It is our most competitive position but he is competing with a few lazy uninterested players at the moment, if he shows some real heart, passion, drive and desire then Poch is more than likely going to pick him.

I think that's a good thing. The competition for places should mean we only get the most determined and very best youngsters breaking in. Mason has shown that Poch doesn't care for names, as did Bentaleb under Tim.

If we really think we have a gem on our hands worthy of a place in the team for years to come, they need to be able to uproot the likes of Capoue and Dembele, otherwise we may as well keep buying in players.

I still may be wrong on this, but I have seen many positive reviews of Tom Carroll, yet I have seen very little to suggest he will ever be a consistent Spurs player.

I hope Winks progresses quicker than Carroll.

I think that's a good thing. The competition for places should mean we only get the most determined and very best youngsters breaking in. Mason has shown that Poch doesn't care for names, as did Bentaleb under Tim.

If we really think we have a gem on our hands worthy of a place in the team for years to come, they need to be able to uproot the likes of Capoue and Dembele, otherwise we may as well keep buying in players.

I still may be wrong on this, but I have seen many positive reviews of Tom Carroll, yet I have seen very little to suggest he will ever be a consistent Spurs player.

I hope Winks progresses quicker than Carroll.
I'm hoping that Carroll is sold to a team live Swansea, Villa or QPR someone like that, Get a couple of million for him. I thought he had real potential but when I've watched him he doesn't seem to cut the mustard...

Winks is 4 years younger than Carroll so I'd personally rather Poch concentrated on him. Maybe he will be like James Ward-Prowse was for Poch at the Saints

Back
Top Bottom