Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's the biggest reason why we're coughing up so many chances and struggling to see out games.

Central midfield and defense need a complete rebuild.

Rose, Aurier, Sissoko, Poch playing CB's and RB's and the whole front 4 who can't be arsed to press any more are all way ahead of Winks when it comes to reasons we are coughing up so many chances.

I think that this applies to far too much of our attacking prowess and play. Few too many of our boys take that extra touch and don't seem to know what their teammates are and should be doing without even taking a look. I think our lack of attacking intelligence and understanding of those around them leaves us with that constant hill to climb.

One touch football on the agenda in training, give and go, dummies, I'd like to see sharper minds instead of the whole the balls at my feet now, what are we going to do next stuff we see at the moment. I think you're right, Winksy needs to work on his distribution speed and his 360 awareness

Two summers ago our pre season midfield of Skipp, Marsh and Amos played better football, tenacious, pressed and zipped the ball about better than the midfield we watched all of last season.

...I get the impression that some people expect him to be some perfect fusion of Roy Keane & De Bryne.

I honestly don’t think some people understand his role in the team, yes he originally was an 8 but has been played in number 6 role.

His defensive play has significantly improved but what he gives is that he is a wonderful mobile passer of the ball able to recycle possession and also drive forwards when the opportunity arises.

There are valid criticisms of Winks like any player but I hear so much about not scoring or creating chances when he is playing in the DM role, do people expect Dier to be the main creator when he plays as well? It’s a stupid criticism of him and shows a total lack of understanding of his job in the team and skill set and even the position he actual plays in.

Winks is not a good DM, he is not strong enough in the tackle, he doesn't sense where the danger is going to be, spends too much energy shadow chasing the ball around our third of the pitch

Back
Top Bottom