Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing player who should be nowhere the first 11. Just passes sideways like a mindless robot. Poch is fucking up big time persisting with him

I really do think we should be blaming Poch for the way we play. He is telling the squad to keep possession and risk nothing. His marching orders are holding players back from showing their qualities. It’s just so slow and I don’t think that is how most of players want to play.

Winks used to be one of our brightest passers who always played forward with his head up, I remember when we played City at Wembley last season he came on and transformed the game for us. Even Pep commented on it afterwards.

It seems like now that he’s secured a spot in the first XI he has stopped taking risks and driving us forward, when players start passing the ball sideways and nothing else it’s an ominous sign. I find it hard to believe this is how Poch wants us to play but if it is he will end up like AVB. Surely his plan wasn’t to turn Winks into another Livermore?

Would Harry Winks be a regular first choice in any other top 6 side?
Of course he wouldn't.

We should we be paying elite level ticket prices to watch mid table (at best) level players.

Scandelous

Had KWP not pulled up it would have been Winks who was to be replaced. Just like the last three games where we hooked him after an hour with us losing. Maybe next time don't start him?

I'm not trying to scapegoat him but this is a trend where we bring on an attacking sub for him because we're losing...in which case maybe it's better to just start that extra attacking player for a while for us to get some goals and good wins. Winks is a player who can help us go from good to very good but he's not going to spark a revival when we're in a rut.

He’s the guy that always performs a 6 and sometimes 7 but never 8 or 9s. Just goes with the flow. Doesn’t do nothing above the minimum

Doesn't take enough responsibility and because of this will stay at 10th/11th name on the team sheet instead of the 3rd of 4th. Literally no chances or risks taken today, it tells the other team exactly what you're going to do. Need to thread a ball through or do something impulsively. The saddest thi is he has it in him t he's never even really attempted to let it come out. Is that down to him or orders?

Tidy don't win you leagues, courage and fire does and for me he's a little too poster boy at the moment for my liking. Take on a man Harry you have it in you so be brace and add that to the team if you feel the game could do with it.

He’s the guy that always performs a 6 and sometimes 7 but never 8 or 9s. Just goes with the flow. Doesn’t do nothing above the minimum

When the rest are barely hitting 6/7 surely we have bigger problems?

I also maintain Winks was once far more inclined to seek vertical passes than the current version of the him appears to be.

Across the past 3 games, despite heavy criticism, he and KWP have been our best outfield players.

Doesn't take enough responsibility and because of this will stay at 10th/11th name on the team sheet instead of the 3rd of 4th. Literally no chances or risks taken today, it tells the other team exactly what you're going to do. Need to thread a ball through or do something impulsively. The saddest thi is he has it in him t he's never even really attempted to let it come out. Is that down to him or orders?

Tidy don't win you leagues, courage and fire does and for me he's a little too poster boy at the moment for my liking. Take on a man Harry you have it in you so be brace and add that to the team if you feel the game could do with it.
A poor mans Henderson

We need to get our style of play going again. For me Winks is the player you play in big games where possession is going to tilt a lot. In games like today where we had almost 80% of the ball (and average 65%) usually there's no point in having him because he's just a middle man recycling the ball. Get rid of the middle man and get some urgency from the build up play.

Back
Top Bottom