Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carragher Neville and Redknapp all agreed last night the only real midfield player we have at the moment is Winks. Can take the ball , play one twos etc. We just have to wait for Foden Maddison and Mason Mount to join him.
The days of the hard tackling defensive midfielder have gone, certainly at the top level. Frankie de Jong is at another level to anything we have.

I don't think the busy cunt is a defunct species, but they need to able to play football too, but then the great ones - Davids, Makalele, Senna, Cambiasso, Kante etc - always could/can.

Carragher Neville and Redknapp all agreed last night the only real midfield player we have at the moment is Winks. Can take the ball , play one twos etc. We just have to wait for Foden Maddison and Mason Mount to join him.
The days of the hard tackling defensive midfielder have gone, certainly at the top level. Frankie de Jong is at another level to anything we have.

De Jong is on another level to all our players except Winks, Winks was the best midfielder against City and the best midfielder in the CL final not to mention his performances against Barca and Real Madrid previously. He basically can do the same things as De Jong admittedly with a much worse injury record.

I have always thought Winks to be a good players, this season without injuries he could have been our player of the season for me. I think he will be better than Carrick but not as good as Modric but few are.

I don't think Wins is on de Jongs level or could ever get there to be honest.

But he's still a very good player and offers England and Spurs something completely different and both Spurs and England miss him (or a player like him) when he doesn't play.

I don't think Wins is on de Jongs level or could ever get there to be honest.

But he's still a very good player and offers England and Spurs something completely different and both Spurs and England miss him (or a player like him) when he doesn't play.

Maybe but give Winks a season without injury and he is one of the very best around. Personally feel Ndombele is better than both of them, he is incredible but whether we get him is a different matter, although somewhat different in style as a CM.

Garry Neville making the case for Winks as the only English player currently able to control the tempo of a match.

Winks stock went up a lot tonight ... by not being involved ...

Winks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Delph, Rice, Barkley, Henderson
Was genuinely impressed to see a lot of the pundits bringing him up following the loss. I can't see many other English creative players who could pull the strings of this otherwise excellent England attack - so the faster Southgate puts him in the starting XI, the better.

He’s 23, good looking lad expect he should be going about banging as many vacuous love island type media hungry wannabes girls possible. Doesn’t need to be settling down.
Hah, I'm giving this a sad agree. To be fair, he never had a Fresher's year at uni, so not exactly like he got it out of his system at 18/19.
:levyeyes:

Fingers crossed he's a decent judge of character, and won't get ensnared by some money hungry Rebecca-Vardy-type so and so.

Was genuinely impressed to see a lot of the pundits bringing him up following the loss. I can't see many other English creative players who could pull the strings of this otherwise excellent England attack - so the faster Southgate puts him in the starting XI, the better.

Hah, I'm giving this a sad agree. To be fair, he never had a Fresher's year at uni, so not exactly like he got it out of his system at 18/19.
:levyeyes:

Fingers crossed he's a decent judge of character, and won't get ensnared by some money hungry Rebecca-Vardy-type so and so.

So long as his swordsman activities don’t get in the way of his playing. I do find it strange when you see young players settling down and having kids. You should be enjoying your youth in your 20s, especially when they’re superstar footballers.

So long as his swordsman activities don’t get in the way of his playing. I do find it strange when you see young players settling down and having kids. You should be enjoying your youth in your 20s, especially when they’re superstar footballers.
They can vary so much, can't they? You have Dele and Winksy enjoying themselves (which is fine so long as it's legal and they take care of their bodies) then Kane by comparison has settled down and already has two kids with his childhood sweetheart (Bale did the same IIRC)

Is there a clip of them talking about Harry, would love to see it.

Been saying it for a year now that Winks is one of our most talented players and by far the best player to come out of the academy after Kane.

The best thing I can say about him is that he is non-English esque in all the right ways. His ability to receive the ball deep in tight areas and turn away from danger, his awareness to pick a pass, his decision-making, and overall technical ability is reminiscent of the Spanish players of a few years ago.

Anyone who doesn’t understand how good this guy is doesn’t know anything about football.

Edit: just seen the clip above.

Just found this article after the Dutch game a couple of nights ago - not sure if its already been posted. England assistant manager openly saying that he is the type of player that they have been “waiting for”.

If he stays injury free, that England place in the midfield belongs to him. Definitely a unique English talent. The only other player that is slightly comparable is Foden even though he plays in a much more offensive role.

Just found this article after the Dutch game a couple of nights ago - not sure if its already been posted. England assistant manager openly saying that he is the type of player that they have been “waiting for”.

If he stays injury free, that England place in the midfield belongs to him. Definitely a unique English talent. The only other player that is slightly comparable is Foden even though he plays in a much more offensive role.

He made us tick and was a bigger miss than Kane. With the addition of a Ndombele type, he will have a similar player next to him and I am swimming at the idea of them working together. Two passers and movers.

Back
Top Bottom