Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So glad that he seems to have made a full recovery from that horrible ankle injury at Bumley, when he was on great form. In the meantime he has been in and out of form, and there's always the fear that he'll never get it back.

I thought he had a very good game Tues without even looking at stats. Love it that he's one of our own too.

Throwing this up here. The guy posting it is raving about Frenkie de Jong in the Eredivisie, but completely ignoring one Harry Winks embarrassing the rest of Europe while playing in a supposedly broken Spurs team.

Throwing this up here. The guy posting it is raving about Frenkie de Jong in the Eredivisie, but completely ignoring one Harry Winks embarrassing the rest of Europe while playing in a supposedly broken Spurs team.

How do he translate "seconds per carry" into "tempo controller".

What direction is the carry? Is there output at the end of the carry, does he complete the pass & if so where does the pass go? Is the carry speeding up the tempo or slowing it down? Is slowing up or speeding up the tempo good in the context of when it was done?

This isn't denying de Jong BTW (or Winks or looking at that chart Dier), de Jong is one of the best young footballers I have ever seen but I find charts like this utterly pointless without any context.

How do he translate "seconds per carry" into "tempo controller".

What direction is the carry? Is there output at the end of the carry, does he complete the pass & if so where does the pass go? Is the carry speeding up the tempo or slowing it down? Is slowing up or speeding up the tempo good in the context of when it was done?

This isn't denying de Jong BTW (or Winks or looking at that chart Dier), de Jong is one of the best young footballers I have ever seen but I find charts like this utterly pointless without any context.
I don't disagree, and people did point this out to him. No reply was forthcoming, as yet.

Some stats are just useless. Seconds per carry? Stupid way of measuring a player.

Also our midfield usually is not very good at controlling the game. Dont think anyone in europe is embarassed by Winks. Our strengths lie in being able to counter and the attacking talent not passing the ball around dominating teams.

Some stats are just useless. Seconds per carry? Stupid way of measuring a player.

Also our midfield usually is not very good at controlling the game. Dont think anyone in europe is embarassed by Winks. Our strengths lie in being able to counter and the attacking talent not passing the ball around dominating teams.
I don't disagree about the oddness of this particular stat. But as far as not thinking anyone is Europe is embarrassed by Winks, I beg to differ. At this point he's been the standout midfielder in games againt Real Madrid, Dortmund, and Man City. I think that regardless of the style our midfield has had this year, Winks has shown the tools of a very high-level player, and done it against some of the best peers in the game.

Any info on whether he'll be fit for Saturday?

As hard as it is, we need to get last night out of our heads and focus on the weekend.

I'd take a point.

I think it's likely.

I'd personally rest him and get him ready for Brighton. We're going to need to wrap key players in cotton wool between now and the semi final.

I think it's likely.

I'd personally rest him and get him ready for Brighton. We're going to need to wrap key players in cotton wool between now and the semi final.

I'd play him. In my view the semi is too far away to worry about at the moment.

We need at least a point from Saturday.

With Sissoko potentially out as well, Dier's status is important too. I'm not sure Wanyama can take a third 90 minutes in a week.

We need league points to secure CL next season.

Last edited:
I'd play him. in my view the semi is too far away to worry about at the moment.

We need at least a point from Saturday.

With Sissoko potentially out as well, Dier's status is important too.

We need league points to secure CL next season.

Latest team news says he isn't ready and continuing rehab anyway, unfortunately.

Dier will be resuming training tomorrow though so MAY be on the bench or at the very least forced to start.

So he's apparently struggling with a stress injury to his hip. He only played the first leg against City after having some injections and now he's in too much pain to play.

Doesn't seem like he will be ready any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom