Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's had a great season. Unfortunately people want Roy of the Rovers type players as all that matters is glory and goals.

The reason this country has suffered so much is because the education levels in this country regarding how football should be played and how to make space for teammates etc has until recently been non existent. Even at grassroots it was always give it to the fast kid and he will score. Professional level a player is given instructions he needs to carry out and let's be honest, anyone who can't see his game has been limited due to Dembele, Dier & Wanyama missing 20 games each this season really isn't a person worth debating things with.

Winks has had 3 seasons as a Spurs player. 2 of those seasons he got big injuries and this one he's been played out of position somewhat for the greater good of the team. Not one full season to date for him to be what he is in a Spurs shirt yet people write him off. I shouldn't be surprised, these are the same people willing to write Skipp off after seeing him play one half of football for us. They're no better than the ranting parents we see on the touchline at Sunday league games

Look, we aren't going to win the league this season, we aren't going to win a domestic trophy, and the reality is we aren't going to the CL. The fact is that whilst we have a very good side, it's actually not good enough to win anything. The reason we won't win anything is because our squad isn't good enough. We can't criticise our squad without criticising certain players. We are lucky enough to have some real top notch players, such as Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Verts, Toby, and Rose, just to name a few. However, we also have some players that simply aren't good enough to be seen playing in a league winning team. I would suggest amongst these are Davis, Tripps, and Winks. Those three players are all decent, but they aren't good enough to play in the team we all want.

Look, we aren't going to win the league this season, we aren't going to win a domestic trophy, and the reality is we aren't going to the CL. The fact is that whilst we have a very good side, it's actually not good enough to win anything. The reason we won't win anything is because our squad isn't good enough. We can't criticise our squad without criticising certain players. We are lucky enough to have some real top notch players, such as Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Verts, Toby, and Rose, just to name a few. However, we also have some players that simply aren't good enough to be seen playing in a league winning team. I would suggest amongst these are Davis, Tripps, and Winks. Those three players are all decent, but they aren't good enough to play in the team we all want.

The club needs a minimum of 4 HG & club trained players in their squad. A minimum of 4 mate. Who's your 4? Take into account that you also need to have a backup one or two should one of those HG club trained leave.

Which 4 make your list?

I assume you support this club!

Davies (Davis!) had his best game for ages last night. Winks has been our most consistent and used player this season.

Sissoko is turning into Ballack, Kante.

How about this:

3 week rest
Kane continues to score
Dele returns
Eriksen rediscovers his form.
Son plays like he did a month ago.

Do you really think we should fear anyone?

Supporters believe. Do you?

Last edited:
I only hope that playing him last night wasn't a mistake in that he wasn't quite ready. Poor love, he really looked in pain when he went off. Just typical of our luck this season with injuries.
He has developed into an important cog of our team, and a big, fat raspberry to those who don't appreciate him.

PlAyEr WhO pLaYs To KeEp PoSeSsIoN kEePs PoSeSsIoN.. SeLl HiM

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg
WhAt?!?!? hE iS iNiEsTa AnD mOdRiC cOmBiNeD!! tIkA tAkI wIn WiN wIn!!!111eleventyone!!! mAkE cApTaInS nOW!!!

I only hope that playing him last night wasn't a mistake in that he wasn't quite ready. Poor love, he really looked in pain when he went off. Just typical of our luck this season with injuries.
He has developed into an important cog of our team, and a big, fat raspberry to those who don't appreciate him.
looked like a different injury and not the hip injury that kept him out at the weekend. Will have to see.

WhAt?!?!? hE iS iNiEsTa AnD mOdRiC cOmBiNeD!! tIkA tAkI wIn WiN wIn!!!111eleventyone!!! mAkE cApTaInS nOW!!!

Funnily enough, no one has ever said that.

Try harder. You might get a 'like' next time. Though I'd probably lay off criticising a Spurs player for keeping possession.

That's a good boy

Funnily enough, no one has ever said that.

Try harder. You might get a 'like' next time. Though I'd probably lay off criticising a Spurs player for keeping possession.

That's a good boy
No one criticizes anyone for keeping possession. Criticism is there only for not doing anything of much use with it most of the time.

If I was fishing for likes, I'd say 'YoOf YoOf, OnE oF oUr OwN"

Now shush little baby.

I assume you support this club!

Davies (Davis!) had his best game for ages last night. Winks has been our most consistent and used player this season.

Sissoko is turning into Ballack, Kante.

How about this:

3 week rest
Kane continues to score
Dele returns
Eriksen rediscovers his form.
Son plays like he did a month ago.

Do you really think we should fear anyone?

Supporters believe. Do you?

Sounds so easy.

The players are good enough. It's the bit between the ears that is the last fix.

Last night and a win Saturday would be the perfect springboard.

Back
Top Bottom