Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didnt mean he was 'shite' shite. Obviously a better footballer than me or you. Just not good enough for spurs shite. Personally I was thankful we changed to Dier and Dembele in midfield the season after the Mason+Bentaleb fiasco.

Almost every single one of our players are playing for the badge anyway. Even ones we would think are not trying like Llorente is probably doing his all but just isnt good enough. But like Mason, Id say he isnt good enough for spurs 'shite'. Wouldnt call anyone we have a mercenary. They all seem to be good guys.
But when Ryan Mason was on the team, we had plenty of mercenaries. He was key to starting a change in the team's culture Poch's first year. Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue....fuckers like that were dominating our squad. I remember we were fucking terrible in a League Cup game, I think against Forrest. Poch brought on Mason, he scored, lost his shit and stayed in the side for the rest of the season. Ryan Mason was a very important player in helping Poch establish the culture and identity we have now.

But when Ryan Mason was on the team, we had plenty of mercenaries. He was key to starting a change in the team's culture Poch's first year. Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue....fuckers like that were dominating our squad. I remember we were fucking terrible in a League Cup game, I think against Forrest. Poch brought on Mason, he scored, lost his shit and stayed in the side for the rest of the season. Ryan Mason was a very important player in helping Poch establish the culture and identity we have now.
I dont agree about Adebayor and Kaboul (one just had too many personal problems and the other was injured more often than not) but Forest was definitely Mason's level.

He’s been placed in a difficult situation playing a role that isn’t totally suited to him, but has been at the heart of many of pur best recent performances.

There is a section of the fanbase who, earlier this season, got completely down on Winks despite it being clear he was struggling to get back to match fitness. He’s now at that point, but most of the naysayers still can’t admit they were wrong about him.

I was torn between him and Son (again) for MOTM.

The only bit of doubt I had with him today was that it seemed he went missing for a 15-20 min spell.

That could of been due to the switch in formation, though.

he's doing well in a position that is not right for him, but he needs to be stronger, he just isn't powerful enough when defending,

I'll echo others that he's really come on lately. Specifically it used to be that he always would receive the ball and pass immidiately to keep things ticking. He's added better situational awareness now, so that he spot situations where he can drive with the ball to great effect to open up space.

A quick nod of appreciation to Winksy.

Was concerned at how he was playing when he initially came back from that ankle fracture, but he's really starting to come into his own now (who knows, perhaps the departure of Dembele has given him a mental lift that he's the main man).

MOTM-tier performance yesterday in spite of being alongside a misfiring Eriksen. Really really good (ALSO GET THE KID A SMILY ALREADY).

Back
Top Bottom