Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone has a player they don't like in their side, and all supporters are the same. I not only think Winks is our worst player, I think he is arguably the worst player I have seen in a Spurs shirt in recent years. I compare him with Bentaleb and Mason. Passes the ball sideways, and backwards, can't really tackle, doesn't make goals, and has only just scored his first one. Last night he was absolutely appalling. Other than holding the ball up when we are 1-0 up with ten minutes to go, I can't see why he is ever on the pitch. Yep, he runs around a lot, but when I was his age so did I. There is no other team sniffing around him, and there is a good reason for it. I honestly believe that if he didn't come through the ranks you would all agree with me. Within two years he will be playing for Watford or similar.

RANT OVER

Fair play if this is what you think but I think writing about him like this when he's a 22 year old really cuts him short. I agree he passes it backwards and sideways a lot but we needs a little more time and his last few games where you can see he's being encouraged to get forward more is such a relief to me.

I've said numerous times that I need to see him take more responsibility with an attacking verve required, be it a dangerous forward pass, a give and go or a late run into the box. I really hope the goal gives him confidence in doing so and Pochettinos comments about the coaching staff in recent weeks noticing he needs to add this bit of bite to take his game to the next level pleases me.

He's a great little academy product, seems like he's truly honoured to play for the club and really wants to learn and get better. He's taken big steps over the last month or so, let see just see how he keeps progressing before writing the boy off. I hope and think he will start growing into a man who believes more

Everyone has a player they don't like in their side, and all supporters are the same. I not only think Winks is our worst player, I think he is arguably the worst player I have seen in a Spurs shirt in recent years. I compare him with Bentaleb and Mason. Passes the ball sideways, and backwards, can't really tackle, doesn't make goals, and has only just scored his first one. Last night he was absolutely appalling. Other than holding the ball up when we are 1-0 up with ten minutes to go, I can't see why he is ever on the pitch. Yep, he runs around a lot, but when I was his age so did I. There is no other team sniffing around him, and there is a good reason for it. I honestly believe that if he didn't come through the ranks you would all agree with me. Within two years he will be playing for Watford or similar.

RANT OVER
If ever we needed an endorsement on a player to prove just how good he is, just ask good ole I8AVB I8AVB the legendary talent spotter. Fuck Off you pratt!
URL="Player - Harry Kane"]Harry Kane[/URL]
:harrysmile:

RANT OVER

I8I8AVB

RANT OVER
I also dont think he is as good as some think he is. But he was much better against Fulham. . Long may it continue. Used to find Sissoko a piece of lard too and hes changed my view of him. Winks is younger, so got time to keep improving.

As long as he doesnt take shooting lessons from Sissoko. (Someone will point out the goal, but thats a 2 yard goal compared to his usual long range ones which have a heat seeeking missile pointed towards the corner flag).

Last edited:

RANT OVER
Harry Winks vs Fulham
91 Passes completed (62 forward)
89% Pass success
11 Recoveries
9 Accurate long balls
2 Aerials won
1 Goal

Forward passes:

Eriksen 17
Lamela 11
Alli 9

Winks 43

I would need to check this properly, but I'm not sure anyone has made more forward passes in a game for us than that this season. And Every game Winks plays he seems to pass the ball forwards more than anyone.

I8AVB I8AVB
Your car's fucking shit.

Pochettino in Winks:

I feel so proud. That thing today, we were talking in the last few weeks that it is something he needs to improve, arrive in the opponent's box and try to score more goals. That is his second goal in the Premier League. With his quality, how he plays, in possession he needs to add and improve those two different areas in his game: without the ball, be more aggressive. He's doing that and I am so happy and of course trying to score more goals, because always a midfielder if you add goals, like Rakitic and Modric, you start to think that you are a top top player. Today was fantastic. I advise all people to watch the action and how it started. He recovered the ball in a very deep position, like a full-back and then how he ran with great determination to score. It was a fantastic example for the players.

Having read the title, the rest of it was an immediate and massive anti-climax.

RANT OVER
This is quite literally the worst ever post on any forum I've ever seen.

If Winks isn't playing for Watford or similar in 2 years would you chew a shot gun and pull the trigger?
Thats not fair. Some years ago I said something similar about Ryan Mason being shite and will be playing in a bottom half club within a couple of years. People were obsessed with 'yoof' and shouted out all sorts of nonsense about how I was wrong. Turns out he did end up at Hull and got relegated. But I still see those idiots posting here and they havent pulled a trigger in their mouths yet! If anyone is having people they dont agree with pull triggers in their mouths when they are wrong, you will have to get in a queue.

Not that Winks is as shit as Mason.

Thats not fair. Some years ago I said something similar about Ryan Mason being shite and will be playing in a bottom half club within a couple of years. People were obsessed with 'yoof' and shouted out all sorts of nonsense about how I was wrong. Turns out he did end up at Hull and got relegated. But I still see those idiots posting here and they havent pulled a trigger in their mouths yet! If anyone is having people they dont agree with pull triggers in their mouths when they are wrong, you will have to get in a queue.

Not that Winks is as shit as Mason.
Loved Ryan Mason. Dont give a fuck. That guy was Spurs down to the molecular level. I see the same thing with Winks. I'd much prefer them over some mercenary regardless of who is more technically gifted.

Loved Ryan Mason. Dont give a fuck. That guy was Spurs down to the molecular level. I see the same thing with Winks. I'd much prefer them over some mercenary regardless of who is more technically gifted.
That is fine. Just a lot of Ryan Mason in the team would lead us to where Ryan Mason ended up ...a bottom of the table team.

Well l hope the big bad wolf doesn't come and blow your house of straw down.
I think a balance is required and football is a mercenary cunt game so maybe lawn bowls should be your thing.

That is fine. Just a lot of Ryan Mason in the team would lead us to where Ryan Mason ended up ...a bottom of the table team.
Dont disagree with that at all actually. It is about balance for me. The best sides---and certainly the most enjoyable sides---include hard working muckers who play for the badge. Ryan Mason wasn't "shite". He was a fun player to get behind, who did a job. I'd prefer to watch a team with one Ryan Mason, than no Ryan Mason at all.

Well l hope the big bad wolf doesn't come and blow your house of straw down.
I think a balance is required and football is a mercenary cunt game so maybe lawn bowls should be your thing.
Not going to lie, I don't understand half of your post. But I do agree balance is needed. That's why I took exception to the shitting on Ryan Mason.

Dont disagree with that at all actually. It is about balance for me. The best sides---and certainly the most enjoyable sides---include hard working muckers who play for the badge. Ryan Mason wasn't "shite". He was a fun player to get behind, who did a job. I'd prefer to watch a team with one Ryan Mason, than no Ryan Mason at all.

Not going to lie, I don't understand half of your post. But I do agree balance is needed. That's why I took exception to the shitting on Ryan Mason.
I didnt mean he was 'shite' shite. Obviously a better footballer than me or you. Just not good enough for spurs shite. Personally I was thankful we changed to Dier and Dembele in midfield the season after the Mason+Bentaleb fiasco.

Almost every single one of our players are playing for the badge anyway. Even ones we would think are not trying like Llorente is probably doing his all but just isnt good enough. But like Mason, Id say he isnt good enough for spurs 'shite'. Wouldnt call anyone we have a mercenary. They all seem to be good guys.

Back
Top Bottom