Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least I back up what I say about Sissoko with evidence. Your constant diatribes against Trippier get disproven and still repeat them. Every week Trippier's a catastrophe. He's had some iffy moments, who hasn't this season and last, but he's also doing a lot more constructively - remit for remit - than Sissoko. We could literally put any number of academy kids out there to do the basic level stuff Sissoko does. I'm not saying Sissoko is a catastrophe every week, but even on a good week what he's doing lacks any real gift other than an athletic one.

My point wasn't that you said Winks was responsible for Wolves, it was that what you said happened didn't. What dropped off was the pressing completely, they were allowed to play through us because Son, Alli, Sissoko and Eriksen just trundled around like turtles in a fucking windsock. Eriksen showed up for the ball a lot less second half. Winks on the other hand actually took up some of Eriksen's slack and got on it a bit more. Kid was ragged.

Agree, and have said every time I've seen it that a Winks Sissoko midfield 2 is tactically not good at all. Don't know what Poch is thinking when he does it. On the other hand, what we've played a lot is more of a CM3 which is actually a 1 (Winks) +2 (Eriksen and Sissoko) and this I like a lot (would like it a lot more with a better footballer there than Sissoko) because it's a much more proactive formula that gives us better control of the ball, and with Eriksen in that hybrid role we have some vision coming from midfield, and also should provide some lateral cover for the full backs in a back four format. It doesn't always work that way because Sissoko isn't bright and Eriksen isn't always tenacious, but it's better than the CM2 version which leaves big gaps when one CM moves forward.

I don't think Winks is necessarily going to ever be outstanding, even as an 8, he might be, I am just not convinced, but it speaks volumes that he's trusted more in that deep holding role than Sissoko, a player who's got about 300 games experience on him and is far more physically robust.

Our press is a very hap hazard thing these days and hard for any of us to see real cohesive, consistent methodology. But I don't really understand what you say about not pressing high but forcing the Oppo into long balls and hurried balls. If you don't think we are pressing high at all, how do you think we are we hurrying them into long balls etc?
Mate Tripps has been fucking shite this season, he has been raped numerous games and his thread has lite up like a beacon when it's happened. He was utter shite yesterday, truly the worst more player on the pitch, unable to pass the ball. But..........this is about Winks, not Tripps. Everything I've ever said about Tripps I stand by, go to his thread it's all there, I refuse to be drawn any more on him as I've written it a hundred times and in great detail. Don't turn me into the plebs on here who only type the same shit over and over again. He's a championship level player always has been, nothing more to say.

Same with Sissoko, he has won numerous MOTM awards (whilst I vehemently disagree with many of these awards as they are always dished out the goalscorer, in the cases Sissoko's have been merited and whilst I might not have given it to him personally on occasions, I can't argue with the fact that he was debated as one of the contenders, THIS is the difference between Sissoko and Tripps. Tripps has been woeful and calamitous on numerous occasions, whilst Sissoko has contributed massively in numerous games. I'm not a fan of either player but any imbecile can acknowledge Sissoko's contribution this season, except you it seems).

Back to Winks and the Wolves game, yes our press dropped off from our front 3/4 and yes that has an effect on us and Winks but what Wolves did well was press us, they matched us up with 1v1's all over the pitch and pressed us into mistakes, hence we gave the ball away and misplaced passes. So it was a more aggressive Wolves rather than a more passive Spurs although the result was the same (they were aggressive and we were passive as we didn't give anything back). Specifically with Winks his role that he enjoyed without them pressing in the first half was the opposite in the 2nd we had zero control of midfield, he is the anchor, the player that should be the pressure release valve, the payer to receive the ball and move it on, evade the press, be that going long or short his availability to receive the ball and then pass to a player in space is what we have to rely on, he didn't provide this, he may well have passed to a teammate but we weren't able to pass out of their press, yes it's a collective but great players are able to find that man in space, break the oppo press (others too but this is his main role, this is what he's in the team for, NOT Sissoko). AGAIN, it's not all on him, Eriksen is also the player that provides this for us and he does this often dropping deep as he searches for the space, maybe it was a tactical instruction against Wolves for him not to drop, whatever the effect was Eriksen had a poor game, he also was unable to break their press. To be clear when I am saying braking their press I'm not just being simplistic about completing a pass, it's about a sequence of passes that are required, I'm not expecting Winks to be Dembele or Wanyama and dribble past a player, with Winks I'm expecting him to pass and move and receive the ball back again until he's picked the lock.

As for our general press this year, we've gone from Kane and Dele, for example, sprinting aggressively into a press to try and win the ball back by engaging the oppo, to running (not sprinting) to the oppo player with the ball at an angle cutting off a square ball and forcing a pass to go long (high) so that we win the 2nd ball in the middle of the park (as opposed to winning the ball in their defensive third). So we are still pressing from the front but not in 3's and 4's but 1's and 2's. Our aggressive press, where we are looking to engage and win the ball is a mid-block, in midfield and we increase the percentages of winning this battleground if the ball played into it is hurried or passed out long from the back (it's more of a 50/50 ball) and aginst lesser oppoistion we have numerical suppremissy in this area which is why it's working for us over all.

whilst Sissoko has contributed massively in numerous games. I'm not a fan of either player but any imbecile can acknowledge Sissoko's contribution this season, except you it seems)..

That would appear to be the qualification required.

Seriously, I can acknowledge he's made a contribution. What I can't do is acknowledge how fabulous it's been. It's perfunctory "run around" level stuff that for the most part we could have had any number of academy kids do for peanuts.

Specifically with Winks his role that he enjoyed without them pressing in the first half was the opposite in the 2nd we had zero control of midfield, he is the anchor, the player that should be the pressure release valve, the payer to receive the ball and move it on, evade the press, be that going long or short his availability to receive the ball and then pass to a player in space is what we have to rely on, he didn't provide this, he may well have passed to a teammate but we weren't able to pass out of their press, yes it's a collective but great players are able to find that man in space, break the oppo press (others too but this is his main role, this is what he's in the team for, NOT Sissoko). AGAIN, it's not all on him, Eriksen is also the player that provides this for us and he does this often dropping deep as he searches for the space, maybe it was a tactical instruction against Wolves for him not to drop, whatever the effect was Eriksen had a poor game, he also was unable to break their press. To be clear when I am saying braking their press I'm not just being simplistic about completing a pass, it's about a sequence of passes that are required, I'm not expecting Winks to be Dembele or Wanyama and dribble past a player, with Winks I'm expecting him to pass and move and receive the ball back again until he's picked the lock.

But this is the point. Those around Winks were far more culpable. He saw pretty much the same amount of ball second half as he did first. Several times he was looking for options and people had stopped moving and taking risks. We'd noticeably started to drop off. To find people in space they have to move for you. This his what dried up second half. Sissoko was a major culprit all game, he just kept hiding and pointing. Eriksen noticeably stopped moving too (seeing much less ball second half 25% less). Some of this was clever tactical play by Wolves. They didn't just park a bus, they were shutting off channels well, but part of it was a collective fatigue. But the 8's in this set up should be providing more progression. Eriksen dropped off and Sissoko did fuck all all game.

Trippier wasn't great yesterday, but then most weeks you think he's a catastrophe. Which is just not true. You seem to be judging him by some uber standard of RB that doesn't really exist. Walker was fucking atrocious against Palace and has been called out as a ManC's biggest liability in the media recently (I posted it).

There are really few world class full backs out there. Really few that can play the way teams like us want our fb's to play and be brilliant all rounders. I don't think Trippier's brilliant all round, Ive been banging the drum for KWP to get games for years, but he's not perfect, he'll make mistakes as we have seen already, and I'm just realistic enough to know there aren't to many RB's out there, that we could realistically buy, who will give us a quantum upgrade on the overall package. If he's out there I'll happily take him.

On the other hand, Oliver Skipp looked more comfortable on a football pitch in his first ten minutes of football than Sissoko's looking after 12 years.

I wouldn't get hung up on assists or related passing stats, so much can be lost in what his passing brings to the team, the same can be said of Rakitic and Modric. With the ball they set the tempo, even if it's a 5yrds sideways ball they all keep moving and show for the return and keeps this going until we've moved the oppo to where we want them to be, they are the wall we all used to train against when we were kids, they are vital to a side that wants to dominate the ball, always showing for the ball, always available providing angles. (he's not as good as them but this is the player I expect him to develop towards). I think the example is also a good one as both, especially Modric do so much for their teams off the ball and both are quite slight in stature too.
I am not talking about assists. Winks is hardly ever involved in the buildup to a goal compared to Sissoko who according to some cant pass , tackle or do anything right.

Your first para is WORD FOR WORD, what used to be written about Modric at Spurs.

Yup the current player of the year was accused of those faults at Spurs (and even by some at RM). Winks and Modric are unlikely to ever be measured by assists.

NB. To avoid any confusion, I am not saying that Winks is anywhere close to Modric level
People used to say Modric doesnt have the pass before the assist or the pass before that? Thats a new one to me. I remember Modric being able to pass to players in space which is the opposite for Winks. Even bloody Sissoko with all his limitations manages to pass players in good space from time to time.

Winks runs himself into the ground for the club, has a single bad performance after being a part of our best performances of the year, and suddenly people are on his case.

That, after only being back for a few months from a potentially career ruining injury.

You're fucking pondscum.

On the other hand, Oliver Skipp looked more comfortable on a football pitch in his first ten minutes of football than Sissoko's looking after 12 years.

Sissoko has had his moments this year. He's our most improved guy. But composure and tempo aren't highlights of his game even on his best days. Winks has that, and Skipp looks like he does too.

The trouble with Sissoko and Winks as a duo is tackling, where they're both okay, but nowhere near the pairing of Dier and Dembele.

I am not talking about assists. Winks is hardly ever involved in the buildup to a goal compared to Sissoko who according to some cant pass , tackle or do anything right.
OK sorry misunderstood thought you were making that part of his (Winks's) game a measure.

Agree on Sissoko, whilst all the clumsiness/awkwardness prevails he is highly effective both defensively and in attack.

Likable lad and decent at recycling the ball, but today showed again why he's not good enough. We need bring in a CL caliber Central Mid in January
I think he's showed promise, but with the business end of the season to come, there's no time for sentiment.
Like you say, we need to spend serious money, Now, on a serious, top class CM if we're serious about challenging for honours.
I think we could then allow Winksy out on loan to a lesser profile club, where he'll get regular game time and hopefully showcase his skills. Then we could see how he develops while not using our own critical run in as a development excercise.
Like I say, top clubs. Winning clubs, show ruthlessness. We need to start doing the same.

Last edited:
That would appear to be the qualification required.

Seriously, I can acknowledge he's made a contribution. What I can't do is acknowledge how fabulous it's been. It's perfunctory "run around" level stuff that for the most part we could have had any number of academy kids do for peanuts.

But this is the point. Those around Winks were far more culpable. He saw pretty much the same amount of ball second half as he did first. Several times he was looking for options and people had stopped moving and taking risks. We'd noticeably started to drop off. To find people in space they have to move for you. This his what dried up second half. Sissoko was a major culprit all game, he just kept hiding and pointing. Eriksen noticeably stopped moving too (seeing much less ball second half 25% less). Some of this was clever tactical play by Wolves. They didn't just park a bus, they were shutting off channels well, but part of it was a collective fatigue. But the 8's in this set up should be providing more progression. Eriksen dropped off and Sissoko did fuck all all game.

Trippier wasn't great yesterday, but then most weeks you think he's a catastrophe. Which is just not true. You seem to be judging him by some uber standard of RB that doesn't really exist. Walker was fucking atrocious against Palace and has been called out as a ManC's biggest liability in the media recently (I posted it).

There are really few world class full backs out there. Really few that can play the way teams like us want our fb's to play and be brilliant all rounders. I don't think Trippier's brilliant all round, Ive been banging the drum for KWP to get games for years, but he's not perfect, he'll make mistakes as we have seen already, and I'm just realistic enough to know there aren't to many RB's out there, that we could realistically buy, who will give us a quantum upgrade on the overall package. If he's out there I'll happily take him.

Again I'm not pinning the result on Winks and don't want to get hung up in isolating the Wolves game, when a team is pressed well there is a knock-on effect on players around you, it can't be about the individual. I'm just analysing his performance in general and linking some of those general comments/observations back to the most recent game whilst it's still fresh in the mind. Specifically, if he's pressed he doesn't find solutions to overcome this, he's not the release valve that's required and that position (base of our diamond) demands such a player. Do I think he can develop this? Yes I do, because I've seen him take the ball in tight areas, facing his own goal, the oppo right up against him and I've seen him turn that player and progress (he's not Dembele, so few are, but the ability is there to bypass the press with the ball at his feet and look after the ball) and I've seen him pass out from the back under a press and yes he's also hampered to some degree by those around him namely FB's (Davies & Tripps, particularly Tripps) who aren't giving the angles, movement and accurate return pass. It's also tempting to include Sissoko into this as his technique is poor BUT he absolutely has shown up and provided an out when playing out under pressure, still not silky or graceful but he makes angles, he shows for the ball and we've progressed well with his contribution this season (based on your assessment of him I expect you to totally refute this).

So, yes he's young and can develop further, think this is a given for any young player but to truly measure a players ability it is best examined and far more revealing on what their capabilities are when the game is against us, what do they bring? How do they stand up to the pressure? Are they making the right decisions? Do they get stuck in? Are they calm under pressure? Does their quality/ability/skill show during these periods?

It is under this microscope that I have my concerns but he is improving, I can go back to the game against Burnley (when he injured himself). During this game Burnley pressed him, they didn't give him a second to breathe and he was totally shut down and he contributed little. He is clearly more confident now and far braver and as a result, never hides, for his position this is massive as under spells of oppo pressure this is how you help your teammates. But his ability to be calm and take the right decisions, be that the right pass, or track a runner, or be positioned is IMO seriously lacking. To be clear I'm not expecting 100% pass success rate during these times, I'm not expecting him to win every tackle or intercept every oppo pass or tracker every runner but I do expect him to get at least some of these some of the time. To flip this on its head for a second, when Eriksen drops into a deep role I think he's better than Winks, I think he looks after the ball well, I think he makes better choices for the pass, I think he reads the game better and positions himself better to assist the team, make it harder for the oppo when without the ball. (yes, he's older and has the experience, just making the comparison and trying to communicate the side of the game that he lacks and hope he improves in).

So, difficult to write this without people jumping on this as some major issue, it's not, it's just a critique on a player who I rate highly and love to see him in a Spurs shirt but his presence in midfield when pressed and without the ball is causing us some big problems right now.

As for Sissoko, I absolutely and categorically disagree with your assessment of him right now. Do not confuse this as an endorsement for him either, I don't think he's Messi, I don't think he's a beautiful footballer to watch. I don't think he's the answer to our CM, I would much prefer to see a fit pairing of Dembele and Wanyama in there, but we can't expect this as they are fucked. Our midfield with Sissoko in it is not a beautiful possession based slick passing machine. But all the things you say he doesn't do he does but without the panache and grace.

I love Winks and I'm not a Sissoko fan but right now at this moment in time, I flinch more at seeing Winks' name on the team sheet than I do Sissoko's. I'm not expecting this midfield to dominate, I've already adjusted my expectations but I do feel that Sissoko offers more in those periods when we are under the cosh.

He would still be average even if he played next to Roy Keane.

Him being excellent on the ball is pure myth.

Modric was just a good alongside either of them.
Look at the fucking legs on Modric. Footballer's legs.

449697F600000578-4909778-Luka_Modric_and_his_muscular_legs_draw_the_eye_in_a_team_photo_t-a-83_1506085191583.jpg

Again I'm not pinning the result on Winks and don't want to get hung up in isolating the Wolves game, when a team is pressed well there is a knock-on effect on players around you, it can't be about the individual. I'm just analysing his performance in general and linking some of those general comments/observations back to the most recent game whilst it's still fresh in the mind. Specifically, if he's pressed he doesn't find solutions to overcome this, he's not the release valve that's required and that position (base of our diamond) demands such a player. Do I think he can develop this? Yes I do, because I've seen him take the ball in tight areas, facing his own goal, the oppo right up against him and I've seen him turn that player and progress (he's not Dembele, so few are, but the ability is there to bypass the press with the ball at his feet and look after the ball) and I've seen him pass out from the back under a press and yes he's also hampered to some degree by those around him namely FB's (Davies & Tripps, particularly Tripps) who aren't giving the angles, movement and accurate return pass. It's also tempting to include Sissoko into this as his technique is poor BUT he absolutely has shown up and provided an out when playing out under pressure, still not silky or graceful but he makes angles, he shows for the ball and we've progressed well with his contribution this season (based on your assessment of him I expect you to totally refute this).

So, yes he's young and can develop further, think this is a given for any young player but to truly measure a players ability it is best examined and far more revealing on what their capabilities are when the game is against us, what do they bring? How do they stand up to the pressure? Are they making the right decisions? Do they get stuck in? Are they calm under pressure? Does their quality/ability/skill show during these periods?

It is under this microscope that I have my concerns but he is improving, I can go back to the game against Burnley (when he injured himself). During this game Burnley pressed him, they didn't give him a second to breathe and he was totally shut down and he contributed little. He is clearly more confident now and far braver and as a result, never hides, for his position this is massive as under spells of oppo pressure this is how you help your teammates. But his ability to be calm and take the right decisions, be that the right pass, or track a runner, or be positioned is IMO seriously lacking. To be clear I'm not expecting 100% pass success rate during these times, I'm not expecting him to win every tackle or intercept every oppo pass or tracker every runner but I do expect him to get at least some of these some of the time. To flip this on its head for a second, when Eriksen drops into a deep role I think he's better than Winks, I think he looks after the ball well, I think he makes better choices for the pass, I think he reads the game better and positions himself better to assist the team, make it harder for the oppo when without the ball. (yes, he's older and has the experience, just making the comparison and trying to communicate the side of the game that he lacks and hope he improves in).

So, difficult to write this without people jumping on this as some major issue, it's not, it's just a critique on a player who I rate highly and love to see him in a Spurs shirt but his presence in midfield when pressed and without the ball is causing us some big problems right now.

As for Sissoko, I absolutely and categorically disagree with your assessment of him right now. Do not confuse this as an endorsement for him either, I don't think he's Messi, I don't think he's a beautiful footballer to watch. I don't think he's the answer to our CM, I would much prefer to see a fit pairing of Dembele and Wanyama in there, but we can't expect this as they are fucked. Our midfield with Sissoko in it is not a beautiful possession based slick passing machine. But all the things you say he doesn't do he does but without the panache and grace.

I love Winks and I'm not a Sissoko fan but right now at this moment in time, I flinch more at seeing Winks' name on the team sheet than I do Sissoko's. I'm not expecting this midfield to dominate, I've already adjusted my expectations but I do feel that Sissoko offers more in those periods when we are under the cosh.

You couldn’t be more wrong about Sissoko, he is the worst in that midfield for hiding from the ball under pressure and pointing. And he doesn’t even point at options, he just points the person on the ball away vaguely like “anywhere but me”.

You need to watch him properly. Apply the forensic microscope you use for Winks or Trippier on Sissoko. I’ve continually flagged examples up during games. He was doing it constantly against Wolves.

He doesn’t trust his own technique under pressure.

Sissoko isn’t doing much that’s overtly catastrophic, but his sin is one of omission. Like any footballer at this level he’s capable of doing basic things. But He brings nothing above very basic athletic functionality for 99% of the time. Yes he passes but it’s mostly dot to dot stuff, invariably hurried. Very occasionally he’ll go on a charge and even more rarely produce a pass at the end of it, but for a guy playing as an 8 in a cm3 it’s just nowhere near bringing enough. (And I’ve criticised Winks too when he’s played a similar role - difference is Winks is about 300 games less than Sissoko). Yes he tacles (but statistically there are 12 better tacklers in our team) but anyone can make one tackle a game (which is what he’s averaging) he’s not good defensively, he doesn’t read the game - it’s not like he’s Kante - tearing around sniffing out danger is it. Even Son and Eriksen average as many tackles a game, and he’s as bad as Winks for letting players run off him, just watch the Barca game.

As far as Winks goes, he’s never been a DM or defensive minded player, defensively right now he’s also flawed, no one, especially me, is saying otherwise, and I’m not even sure he’s going to be a world class 8 any time soon, but it’s telling that with his inexperience and flaws he’s still the one given more responsibility, and by and large is doing a decent job. At leasf he doesn’t hide from the ball.

And it would be much fairer to judge him properly if he was playing where Sissoko is, because that’s his more natural role.

I fear we are going round in circles now.

Last edited:
You couldn’t be more wrong about Sissoko, he is the worst in that midfield for hiding from the ball under pressure and pointing. And he doesn’t even point at options, he just points the person on the hall away vaguely like “anywhere but me”.

You need to watch him properly. Apply the forensic microscope you use for Winks or Trippier on Sissoko. I’ve continually flagged examples up during games. He was doing it constantly against Wolves.

He doesn’t trust his own technique under pressure.

Sissoko isn’t doing much that’s overtly catastrophic, but his sin is one of omission. He brings nothing above very basic athletic functionality for 99% of the time. Yes he passes but it’s dot to dot stuff, invariably hurried. Yes he tacles (but statistically there are 12 better tacklers in our team) but anyone can make one tackle a game (which is what he’s averaging) he’s not good defensively, he doesn’t read the game - it’s not like he’s Kante - tearing around sniffing out danger is it. Even Son and Eriksen average as many tackles a game, and he’s as bad as Winks for letting players run off him, just watch the Barca game.

As far as Winks goes, he’s never been a DM or defensive minded player, defensively right now he’s also flawed, no one, especially me, is saying otherwise, and I’m not even sure he’s going to be a world class 8 any time soon, but it’s telling that with his inexperience and flaws he’s still the one given more responsibility, and by and large is doing a decent job. At leasf he doesn’t hide from the ball.

And it would be much fairer to judge him properly if he was playing where Sissoko is, because that’s his more natural role.

I fear we are going round in circles now.
This ain't a Sissoko thread mate, it's the WInks thread. You are all alone on the Sissoko stuff, that much is crystal clear and kind of reveals a reality of it's own.

Take away the Sissoko tripe and it would appear we largely agree about Winks. Not much else to say really is there?

Modric has an amazing football brain, and technical ability from another world. It's just ludicrous to make the comparison. It would be like me comparing that Bowen guy at Hull to Lionel Messi.

It shouldn't be taboo to say that someone who has come through our academy is perhaps not at the level we aspire to. I am sure we would all love to have half a dozen academy players in our starting eleven- I know I would- but at the end of the day, you have to be honest with yourself. You have to put the romanticism to one side.

I think he's showed promise, but with the business end of the season to come, there's no time for sentiment.
Like you say, we need to spend serious money, Now, on a serious, top class CM if we're serious about challenging for honours.
I think we could then allow Winksy out on loan to a lesser profile club, where he'll get regular game time and hopefully showcase his skills. Then we could see how he develops while not using our own critical run in as a development excercise.
Like I say, top clubs. Winning clubs, show ruthlessness. We need to start doing the same.

So Wanyama has hardly played for 2 years, and sadly I think we cannot rely upon him being fit for the rest of the season - I'd be astonished if he could play a game a week. And I'd be delighted if he was declared fit before the end of January.

Dembele was unbelievable in 15/16, but since then has been on the decline and whilst in the earlier part of this season I thought it was at least 'one last hurrah', when he comes back fit it would be wise to only expect one game a week - more and he goes back on the injury list, so certainly couldn't do the 3 games a week we've been playing Winks.

That leaves Winks with Dier and Sissoko with a few appearances from Skipp - and whilst Dele and Eriksen can drop back, we do not have enough AM's for them to do that regularly.

I'm fully expecting a CM in this transfer window (or summer if not), but if we are to play the number of games we are, we can't loan players out, otherwise we are back to playing tired players with grumpy fans complaining about the players lack of effort.

One thing that separates Modric from the rest is his first touch.
This, & his ability to shift it quickly, to either foot & begin creating. He is already thinking about the whole of the pitch the moment he puts his foot on it. He’s a rat faced fuck for doing what he did (spurs goggles alert there), but if I’m being completely unbiased, he has won everything you can with a club & got to the final of a World Cup. He played his heart out in his final year for us after his failed chav move. Completely professional in that season, got his move & has had a glittering career.
Top drawer footballer. One of the best I’ve ever seen in our shirt. But still a rat faced cunt nevertheless

This, & his ability to shift it quickly, to either foot & begin creating. He is already thinking about the whole of the pitch the moment he puts his foot on it. He’s a rat faced fuck for doing what he did (spurs goggles alert there), but if I’m being completely unbiased, he has won everything you can with a club & got to the final of a World Cup. He played his heart out in his final year for us after his failed chav move. Completely professional in that season, got his move & has had a glittering career.
Top drawer footballer. One of the best I’ve ever seen in our shirt. But still a rat faced cunt nevertheless

Sometimes I just watch Modric videos for his first touch. He draws you in and he's away. Either foot he's comfortable and it's the right amount of weight on the touch every single time. He could have two men near him and his first touch will take him away from both. Unreal ability.

I almost feel like you can't teach it. It's all natural to him, just to know exactly what to do. The comparison to Modric should never be in conversation with Winks because the only thing similar between them is their both rather small and have put on a Spurs shirt.

Back
Top Bottom