Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I forgot about Vinny not even getting a squad number this year. I wonder if anyone would be tempted to nick the number 9. Probably not until he officially leaves us.
Can you imagine if someone did?
I reckon only Reo Griffiths woulda had to balls and arrogance to say:
"Yeah, I'll have it.... sorry Vinny, but fuck off back to Turkey would ya mate... Grown-ups talking here sunshine!"
But he's off to pastures nouveau, so that ain't gonna happen...

Of the rest, sadly, I think Llorente is too nice to pipe up, and everyone else is probably happy with their number!

Nope. We haven’t got a number 9. I mean obviously we’ve got the best number 9 in the world, but no one has the number 9 on their shirt. Vinnie wasn’t given a squad number this season.

Maybe Janssen wasn't given a shirt number not because if was a bit of a smack in the face but because the 25 man squad rule simply made it impossible to register him hence no point giving him a squad number regardless of if he's sold or loaned away for a year

Met him today in Dalston, would send the photo but I look a fucking mess. Was a nice kid. You forget these people are just kids. Anyway he was sound, chatted about Watford on Sunday and spoke to my daughter. Yido

He needs to start from Liverpool onwards.

2 weeks for him to get a little bit stronger and even fitter before everyone else is back from the internal break.

He needs to start from Liverpool onwards.

2 weeks for him to get a little bit stronger and even fitter before everyone else is back from the internal break.

No he doesn't.

Give the kid a break Totti... You'll be demanding he starts at the core of your fantasy 433 by the time the int. break is over (even though after much debate even you conceeded he wasn't that player YET).

He's missed the bulk of the last 18 months. Keeping Dembele bought Winks some time. Poch is right to ease him back. The importance lies in him establishing himself as #1 by the start of next season. Creating undue pressure in the meantime helps no-one.

Last edited:
No he doesn't.

Give the kid a break Totti... You'll be demanding he starts at the core of your fantasy 433 by the time the int. break is over (even though after much debate even you conceeded he wasn't that player YET).

He's missed the bulk of the last 18 months. Keeping Dembele bought Winks some time. Poch is right to ease him back. It's importance lies in him establishing himself as #1 by the start of next season. Creating undue pressure in the meantime helps no-one.

It's evident that Poch is trying to keep all the centre backs happy and is probably too scared to drop one of them for a sustained period of time now Toby seems to be back in the good books. So from now on, I'd go with 3 at the back.

Which means Winks is more than capable of playing in the midfield 3. Just like he did when we bossed Real Madrid and Liverpool.

It's evident that Poch is trying to keep all the centre backs happy and is probably too scared to drop one of them for a sustained period of time now Toby seems to be back in the good books. So from now on, I'd go with 3 at the back.

Which means Winks is more than capable of playing in the midfield 3. Just like he did when we bossed Real Madrid and Liverpool.

First part is entirely debatable.

My sentiment stands: Let the kid bounce back without the added pressure you're piling on. Using prior performances as a berometer of his capabilities straight off the bat is premature thinking on your part.

First part is entirely debatable.

My sentiment stands: Let the kid bounce back without the added pressure you're piling on. Using prior performances as a berometer of his capabilities straight off the bat is premature thinking on your part.

I guess we'll see who trains hardest in the build up.

:pochlol:

No he doesn't.

He's missed the bulk of the last 18 months. Keeping Dembele bought Winks some time. Poch is right to ease him back. It's importance lies in him establishing himself as #1 by the start of next season. Creating undue pressure in the meantime helps no-one.

Yep. I’m perfectly happy to see him getting a few sub appearances at this stage of the season. Rushing him back could backfire. Just look at what happened with Wanyama last season.

When Harry Winks gets the ball...

DmHsfGcUwAA54qS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom