Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His ball skills get all the praise but I’ve really been impressed with his ball-winning skills. For a tiny guy he’s feisty in a challenge.
The body positioning for all of our players has been one of the defining things under Poch for all our players, Eriksen too does it, Dier in his first season. This is where you can physically see the training reaping the rewards.

So, he's had a big October hasn't he?

Everyone happy with his inclusion? How do you want us to line up in future with Winks? Him as a deep midfielder, intercepting and moving the ball forward, partnered with players like Alli and Eriksen? Or would you want him to be partnered with a defensive midfielder like Dier or Wanyama and able to move forward and be a creative metronome?

I think he's faired very well. Offers us something different I feel. I know a few fans of other clubs who have also changed their tune. Before they never saw what he done or added to a team (not surprised as he rarely started so they would never have seen him properly) but now they see what he does and adds. I don't think they rate him as highly as we do but they appreciate his talent.

Excellent ball to Trippier for the opener.

Excellent composure in the build up to our third goal.

What a great performance. In fact, it was probably his best for us.

If I wanted to build my favourite footballer the world from the ground up, it would be a guy like Harry Winks.

- Local lad
- Boyhood yid
- Academy talent
- Excellent football brain
- Superb passer
- Does the simple things but can pick a pass
- Passion and desire
- Not that fast or tall, but makes up for it with intelligence

Honestly fucking love the kid, he is going to be a star and I hope he stays with us forever. Kane and Winks staying at Tottenham, two boyhood academy yids pulling this club in the future? Yes fucking please.

Back
Top Bottom