Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much more likely to be the next Carrick I’d suggest. He was really good with the ball last night and yes, the majority of his passes were simple. However, I think RM thought him a weak link in the side so pressured him strongly, meaning when Winks passed to Sissoko, Dier, etc, they had time to get their heads up and do something more forward thinking with the ball.

Anyone playing that well against Modric and Kroos has a bright future.

I thought Madrid decided Sissoko was the weak link - they were giving him a lot of space. Didn’t work out for them though.

We were defensively very solid bar few defensive errors due to poor passing and and lack of concentration. We still did enough deserve a draw though.
I don't agree with your faint praise to be honest. We did enough to deserve a win and were robbed of it by inconsistent refereeing. If the ref wasn't going to give us a penalty then he should not have given Madrid one, especially since the latter included an element of diving that the foul on Llorente did not. Without that penalty we'd be enjoying a famous win right now.

I don't agree with your faint praise to be honest. We did enough to deserve a win and were robbed of it by inconsistent refereeing. If the ref wasn't going to give us a penalty then he should not have given Madrid one, especially since the latter included an element of diving that the foul on Llorente did not. Without that penalty we'd be enjoying a famous win right now.
Draw was a fair result for both sides. We both had the same amount of clear-cut chances. We were unlucky just as they were not to win yesterday.

Very satisifed with the performance and the result personally.

The amount of salt this is generating amongst other fans :dembelelol:

Errr someone want to tell him how many England caps Winks has compared to Noble? Not that, that is something to brag about.

Last edited:
Harry Winks held his own against Luka Modric and Toni Kroos for 90 minutes at the Bernebau.

The kid basically walked on water.

Maybe in another 3 seasons fans of other clubs will grudgingly admit that they can understand why he's the best midfielder in England.
Best midfielder in England?

His work in the build up to the goal shouldn't go unnoticed.

Was like a metronome yesterday. He doesn't get assists and he doesn't score so you'll always get people who say what does he do? What does he excel at? He keeps the ball. You can't lose a game if you keep the ball. The same people said the same about Modric, Carrick etc until they started winning things.

Think you need to watch it back Daneboy, Winks had a better pass completion than Modric. Also his pass to Sissoko before the goal could be called Modricesque.

The Dane The Dane
I put this in here rather than derail the match thread which has a great vibe for once

Yeah, because I want Winks gone and the academy scrapped. Well done, sammy. You're so thick it hurts

Oh look at you having faith in Winks and the academy

Mate, every single youngster in our academy will do a Dele Alli and explode onto the scene. At least that's what Sammy's been telling me.
Earlier in the window Sammy was trying to convince me we didn't need Barkley or a new midfielder because Lesniak made a tackle and played a sideways pass to Kane who blasted it in from 30 yards. He also thought we didn't need new attacking midfielders because Onomah might do a Dele Alli, he's absolutely deluded

I'm so fucking tired of all these fairy tale fans who believe we'll just keep digging up Dele Alli's from shit leagues and that our academy will consistently provide world class players, when in reality the only notable player to come through in donkey years is Kane. You can all fuck off which this 'noble' approach to transfers and football, Levy needs to show some fucking ambition and reach down into those pockets. Also earlier in the summer when fans were deluding themselves into thinking we had the best transfer window because we hadn't signed anybody. We're never going to win anything if things continue like this, players and managers surely realize this. A footballers career is very short, of course he'll want to win trophies

Yeah, Winks is better than Barkley. Ok, mate. You're insanely biased towards our own players, especially youth products

No, he said ability-wise Winks is better which is absolute horse shit

You're fucking stupid if you think Winks, at the moment, is a better player than Barkley

You tilt your cap to whichever way the wind is blowing.....you´ll be sucking Winks off come May and pretending you never said any of it

Really pisses me off when people look at young players and rate them on what they are now. Plus, have we not learned that players develop under Poch? Winks has the technique and composure to be really good.

I'll reserve judgment about his composure until I see it in the penalty area, thus far his shooting hasn't impressed me.

Holy shite, whoever setup the youth system at Spurs 10 years ago deserves so much credit.

Not you :sherwoodwtf:

Seriously, looking at the potential of Winks and what we have achieved with Kane, only Barcelona of yesteryear come close to having academy graduates that become integral part of the squad.

I see Winks, Kane, Onomah and Edwards all becoming vital parts of our squad under Poch in the next 2-3 years.

The Dane The Dane
I put this in here rather than derail the match thread which has a great vibe for once

Oh look at you having faith in Winks and the academy

You tilt your cap to whichever way the wind is blowing.....you´ll be sucking Winks off come May and pretending you never said any of it
Hardly me writing Winks off, is it? The first two comments were in response to you saying we needed no signings whatsoever because of the emergence of Lesniak. You also said Onomah would explode this season. I stand by my comments on Barkley and Winks and that's not an insult, I genuinely think Barkley is one of the most talented english players there are. I think one of the comments were also in response to you saying Winks is better than Fabregas. You're the crazy one here

Back
Top Bottom