Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he's put in for a different squad number?

Why on earth would he give up #40?
As much as it would be amazing to go for number 40, I can imagine he'd be terrified of becoming a meme (the headlines would write themselves if he had a lacklustre performance...)

Worth noting that at the start of the 16/17 season, Mason was still down as our number 8 in the squad list, and no-one decided to claim it after he left.
I'd bet good money that Winksey has at least asked about getting it.

As much as it would be amazing to go for number 40, I can imagine he'd be terrified of becoming a meme (the headlines would write themselves if he had a lacklustre performance...)

Worth noting that at the start of the 16/17 season, Mason was still down as our number 8 in the squad list, and no-one decided to claim it after he left.
I'd bet good money that Winksey has at least asked about getting it.

There's no way he's asked for number 40 - he wouldn't want his ongoing career disrupted by some faux comedy shenanigans. He's going for number 8, which is his position.

Surprised 6 is still free, surprised Dier didn't gobble up it up last year. Is also think Dembele would get 8 before Winks. Dele is more of a 7 or 11.

I have extremely high hopes for Winks, hope the injury hasnt set him back. He *could* do that Modric role for us, if we needed it. Quality passer, unflustered, always on the move. Shame hes not built like a brick shithouse as well

I'm so excited to see Winks back next year. He is going to be an absolute gem.

I reckon he'll make the World Cup squad, I honestly do.

Plus, Scott Parker is his fave player, as is mine so we're practically related..:sonhmm:

Only preseason but when he come on yesterday he changed the game, he sets the tempo, very fast and aggressive which is great to see along with his beautiful passing range

Looks like he's bulked up too

Seems one of our more creative players too, always trying risky passes but just love his overall play

Last edited:
Only preseason but when he come on yesterday he changed the give, he sets the tempo, very fast and aggressive which is great to see along with his beautiful passing range

Looks like he's bulked up too

Seems one of our more creative players too, always trying risky passes but just love his overall play

One of my favorite aspects of his game is that he moves the ball quickly. Has an eye for a pass.

Back
Top Bottom