Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real shame. As I said before I think it's likely more serious than Kane's or Jan's injuries and he's most likely suffered grade 3 damage - ligament ruptures. In the Twitter video I think the physio was basically saying his foot can be moved up and down independent of his leg. I've got no idea what the recovery time for such an injury is though.

Come back stronger next this season.

But damn, it leaves us thin in central midfield. That's Wanyama, Dembele and Dier.

Could potentially see Onomah tried in his natural position if we ever need to bring a sub on or even try Sissoko in his natural position?

Considering Dembele's fitness issues, it's still a worry. Winks has played 30+ games this season!

Come back stronger next this season.

But damn, it leaves us thin in central midfield. That's Wanyama, Dembele and Dier.

Could potentially see Onomah tried in his natural position if we ever need to bring a sub on or even try Sissoko in his natural position?

Considering Dembele's fitness issues, it's still a worry. Winks has played 30+ games this season!
We're going to have to keep switching to 4-2-3-1 and slotting Dier into midfield to see out games when Dembele comes off, aren't we?
Sissoko could also be a decent shout to come into central midfield. I'd actually prefer him there than as a winger - but any fuck ups would likely be magnified.

Let's get Kane and Rose back ASAP to make us as strong as possible everywhere else on the pitch and pray that Dembele is fit for the cup semi, Woolwich, and United.

Can't wait to see him back next season.

Recent Article from Balague (Sky Sports Spain) said that he'd love to see him in La Liga them mentioned Real Madrid & Barcelona.

Didn't put the link because it's pointless to help them earn money by clicks, but it's nice to see people appreciate his talent.

That's interesting. Harry Winks is a massive talent and I'm very excited to see how he develops over the next couple of years but it's surprising to hear such a thing said at this stage when you consider the alternative players in the league. I guess there aren't that many players like Winks at his age.

N0CBUQU.png

Nice

Lovely little interview.

And a lovely guy, it seems. Hope he can recover from his injury in time for pre-season training. He was starting to look very good for us before that.
He's under the radar even with some spurs fans. Next season could be his big breakthrough year.
It's a bit of a cliche - but if he was German/Spanish and had broken into the first team of a top 4 Bundesliga/La Liga club from their youth ranks then we'd all be really excited to sign him.

He talks like a true Spurs supporter, I love that. Hope the injury hasn't left any residual damage, as I think he will be an important player for us next season, doubt the Moose will be able to play every 90 mins.

And a lovely guy, it seems. Hope he can recover from his injury in time for pre-season training. He was starting to look very good for us before that.

It's a bit of a cliche - but if he was German/Spanish and had broken into the first team of a top 4 Bundesliga/La Liga club from their youth ranks then we'd all be really excited to sign him.

That would depend on how good he'd played in said league. I am not sure I'd be excited had we signed a CM like him, as his body type is so dissimilar from what we've succeeded with lately.

Personally I think I am far more excited with him knowing that he's one of our own and because I've seen him do great for us in some of the games he's played for us.

Back
Top Bottom