Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way Poch was talking about it (the injury) and him (Winks) this afternoon suggests he knows he won't be back again this season... whether he'll be back at all remains to be seen... I'm sure he will. But it feels like both his and Lamela's seasons' are over now.

# WINITFORWINKSY
(If we were Gooners or Scousers, there'd be banners and flags all over the fucking ground on Saturday for this!)

Personally, I think something happened to his left ankle here:

winks.jpg

During the process of lifting that left leg up, something has clearly twinged or snapped, as from this point he has a reaction of trying not to use that foot (spins around and hops onto the planted foot).

As soon as his left foot plants again, he seems to stumble and collapses. I don't think it had a bean to do with the bottles/box.

The fact that it happened without contact, and his reaction, is a little concerning.
You might be right (I'd say that he did make contact with his left foot BTW) but the Doc said "felt something ping the moment it happened" absolutely no way of proving that as he is facing away from the camera.

Help me out here Doc. When was the moment it actually happened? Cheers.

I think it's when his left foot made contact with the Burnley player's knee. The contact caused his foot to twist and his ankle ligaments to potentially rupture, which he instantly felt.

That could well be the case but their is no way you know that unless you have x-ray eyes.

I don't need x-ray vision to see his reaction or oxygen being given. Put the front part of your foot side on to the side of a door or something with your leg in the position of Winks'. You'll see you won't be able to move it much and imagine what damage would happen if you drew your foot back and kicked the door with your foot on that position.

I don't need x-ray vision to see his reaction or oxygen being given. Put the front part of your foot side on to the side of a door or something with your leg in the position of Winks'. You'll see you won't be able to move it much and imagine what damage would happen if you drew your foot back and kicked the door with your foot on that position.
Enough now mate. I imagine this is getting boring for everyone. I apologise for my part in it too.

I jumped on your comment that you knew the exact moment when he did it, which of course you don't, added to your Lamela diagnosis (which was nonsense) I took it upon myself you slap you down for just making stuff up. If you drop the know it all approach and changed your language (to "possibly" or "maybe" or "I'm no expert but" etc) you might turn out to be a decent poster.

Enough now mate. I imagine this is getting boring for everyone. I apologise for my part in it too.

I jumped on your comment that you knew the exact moment when he did it, which of course you don't, added to your Lamela diagnosis (which was nonsense) I took it upon myself you slap you down for just making stuff up. If you drop the know it all approach and changed your language (to "possibly" or "maybe" or "I'm no expert but" etc) you might turn out to be a decent poster.

I didn't say I knew the moment he did at all. I came to the conclusion after reviewing all the evidence, including Poch's comments, the physios reaction etc.

Just feel so sorry for the kid, finally got his break out season and now he's fucked, I remember how highly I rated mason before he scored and got crocked, hope this time is different

I think we all knew it was coming....
A real shame. But, like with Kane, Rose and Lamela... it's something we're just gonna have to cope with.

It woulda been nice to see him involved in some capacity over the last 9 games... but I'm sure Poch will make SURE he's included in the matchday build-ups and team unity.

Get well Winksy... see you next season!

It's a shame to lose him but just hope there is no lasting damage. Probably he will recover fully which is the main thing for the young lad. He's already made enough appearances this season to get his winners medal so he won't miss out.

Gutted for the him... at least he is young and has time to recovery and hopefully reach the level he played at this season.

Been a great team player with his composure and passing in midfield....

COYS

Absolutely gutted for him. Have such high hopes for his future and just hope this isn't the sort of injury that hinders or stunts his development.

We're going to miss him not being available too as he's provided much needed restbite for Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom