Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get the praises .. really what did he do ?
Can't control noting never an option in atteck
Not pressing like a maniac just the occasion good slide good tackle .

People compere him to makelele ? Ok people are hopeful I got it I use to hope that but not anymore .

We are bad and I think we become bad as soon as he and sisoko pairing got introduce

Sorry you're wrong (in my view).

Winks has the potential to be Makelele-like with a lot of further development. Nobody knew or noticed what Makelele did, but he was always first on the team sheet.

Winks and Sissoko took us through large parts of last season when we finished 4th.

Fulham?

It looks like Ndombele may be the Sissoko upgrade. A pairing of him and Winks is exciting (doubly so if Eriksen stays).

Sorry you're wrong (in my view).

Winks has the potential to be Makelele-like with a lot of further development. Nobody knew or noticed what Makelele did, but he was always first on the team sheet.

Winks and Sissoko took us through large parts of last season when we finished 4th.

Fulham?

It looks like Ndombele may be the Sissoko upgrade. A pairing of him and Winks is exciting (doubly so if Eriksen stays).

Yep. Thought Winks was one of our better players. Went into every tackle with conviction.

Being asked to play a role that doesn’t suit him right now.

Ideally if this team ever gets healthy. He’s playing in a midfield 3 with Lo Celso and Ndombele

So who is to blame ?

There was a shocking lack of pressure on the ball. one from Eriksen (I think), Sissoko or Winks should have been like a terrier on Sideshow Bob Mk2.0. Having said that, and I have a different view to many on Roses fault for the Villa goal and the Newcastle goal, but Danny just watches Aubamayang run away from him behind Jans back. Jan has no idea he's there but Rose literally lets him go. He surely has to follow that run?

Having just watched that clip a few times, I'm going to say Eriksen needed to be much more sure that he'd seen the danger off. He makes the initial half hearted press and then backs off to leave the space that eventually allows the ball into the box.

I don't get the praises .. really what did he do ?
Can't control noting never an option in atteck
Not pressing like a maniac just the occasion good slide good tackle .

People compere him to makelele ? Ok people are hopeful I got it I use to hope that but not anymore .

We are bad and I think we become bad as soon as he and sisoko pairing got introduce

What does he do? What does he do? Try unzipping the gimp mask and you might see.

What on earth is Xhaka doing?
Doing what he always does, absolutely not a surprise at all.
Why wasn't he booked, some refs might have even given a straight red (over the top of the ball, studs up. He committed 7 fouls of their 13 in Total on Sun
EDZTqUkX4AA0OF_

At least 3 were yellow's and I havn't included the one he actually got carded for.

Maybe with lo celso and ndombele he will find a better partnership then sisoko , I hope so .
BTW for our 2 he did make a nice move like always and then pass backwards like always ;)

Anyway I really like him and hope's that everyone who prais him is right and I'm wrong .

What does he do? What does he do? Try unzipping the gimp mask and you might see.

This right here is why Winks should NOT be our DM. Look at how excellent this bit of play is. The issue is, he's supposed to be our DM, and if he loses the ball in this area we're goosed on the counter attack with no protection for our back four.

Put him in the team where he can have the peace of mind to attack like this without the defensive responsibilities he currently has and he would flourish into a top top player, IMO.

LOL...... Maybe not in playing style, but have we got the next Winks here..... Adored by some, ridiculed by others; MOTM one week, "does nothing" the next?

Pashun

Personally I liked his performance because it seemed like he was the only one who matched arsenals intensity and looked like he wanted to win as much as their players

Other than that I thought he was about as good as usual, tidy and safe but one or two good forward runs

Why are you expecting "good forward runs" from our deepest lying MF?

"Pashun"

(*Used to be a term used to ridicule the academy boys who's sense of commitment was in fact dragging the club up by the scruff of the neck during tough times; whilst bigger names with fancy price-tags were bombing every week.)

You can keep your back-handed compliment tbh...

Last edited:
This right here is why Winks should NOT be our DM. Look at how excellent this bit of play is. The issue is, he's supposed to be our DM, and if he loses the ball in this area we're goosed on the counter attack with no protection for our back four.

Put him in the team where he can have the peace of mind to attack like this without the defensive responsibilities he currently has and he would flourish into a top top player, IMO.
He's being covered. Football isn't a game of chess with the pieces only allowed to move in certain directions. When a CB gets pulled out wide, someone else should be dropping into the position to cover it. Same with almost every position, you want your forwards rotating, Kane spinning wide and/or dropping deep. It's these movements that break-down teams and makes them hard to track. It's exacly what we should be doing.

Back
Top Bottom