Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A reason why we should all be glad for Skippy getting more game time in the next year or two.

Absolutely. Look at how long it took Kane to click, Trippier whilst I know isn't everyone's cup of tea tookka couple of years to get into his stride and become an international player, Gazzaniga has clearly become a more important player within a little game time, Rose, Walker both got better after long spells away on loan, Bale say no more about etc.

Far too many see what they see the first time they see the, and write them off. Got to let them find their feet, develop a pattern to their play, repetition of their abilities on a bigger stage and then you'll see their nerves fade and their class come through.

I've seen enough of Skipp at youth level to know the kid has important quality for the future. Judging him based on a couple of first team starts when he still has about 3 years of potential physical growth to go through is short sighted and idiotic. Got to back him and let him develop into what he has the potential to possibly become

He's a player I genuinely didn't think had a long-term future here. But I'm happy to be wrong.

I'll be honest I didn't see enough attacking prowess in him to become a top player but he's clearly trying to add this to his game and I've got all the time in the world for that. All I want is a constant desire to add to our players games, a desire to improve their skills and whilst I think he still has so much he could add, those probing forward passes etc show me he's trying which is all we can ask from a player cutting his teeth in his first real season as a first team player.

I'm intrigued to see what he'll be like as a footballer when he's 25/26 years of age

I'll be honest I didn't see enough attacking prowess in him to become a top player but he's clearly trying to add this to his game and I've got all the time in the world for that. All I want is a constant desire to add to our players games, a desire to improve their skills and whilst I think he still has so much he could add, those probing forward passes etc show me he's trying which is all we can ask from a player cutting his teeth in his first real season as a first team player.

I'm intrigued to see what he'll be like as a footballer when he's 25/26 years of age
He certainly looks as though he is trying to push the boat out with his range of passing. And he tried a couple of through-balls last night that were overhit, but it's good that he's trying.

He certainly looks as though he is trying to push the boat out with his range of passing. And he tried a couple of through-balls last night that were overhit, but it's good that he's trying.

He's just trying to find his balance. 22 years of age and playing a key part in one of our greatest results in Europe. He probed a little more but lacked that finesse for the killer touch when it came to weight of the ball etc. If that clicks he automatically goes up four of five notches as a midfielder. He can drop a shoulder, a quick burst of pace which is great, just got to hope he keeps on adding as if he does it'll solve a big issue for us in the middle of the park

Likes a bit of Row Z action of late too... :townhmm:

The new he’s 29 not 28 argument....

Winks turned 23 a few weeks ago. He’s also surpassing Woolwich’s own ex-great white dope, Wheelchair as the future of England’s midfields.

The new he’s 29 not 28 argument....

Winks turned 23 a few weeks ago. He’s also surpassing Woolwich’s own ex-great white dope, Wheelchair as the future of England’s midfields.

Bossing Madrid, Dortmund, Barcelona and putting in great performances against some of the top clubs in the country with just 50 odd Pro appearances to his name sounds mightily impressive to me.

To save you the bother if you see this in your timeline on Twitter, he doesn't mention Winks once in this article, assume the author decided not bother with the quotes in his article but using Winks name in the Title to ensure he gets Spurs fans to click on the article.

Nothing to see here.

A bit older.

Feel sorry for this guy.

He's a one man midfield and performing admirably but fucking hell he can't do everything himself. I see him intercepting, putting a foot in, attempting to control the tempo and there's absolutely no one in there helping him. I cannot wait to have Dele Alli back alongside him.

Our best player today, along with Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom