Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had another good game. You look at Mason, Bentaleb, etc. in years gone by and although they had some good performances Winks obviously has a higher ceiling. He's young and hopefully he'll keep getting better and better.

90 Minutes Played
93% Pass Accuracy
72 Passes
8 Ball Recoveries
5 Duels Won
2 Tackles Won
2 Interceptions
1 Dribble Completed
1 Clearance

Metronome.

Really stepped up this season after losing him to injury for much of last season. Just keeps getting better and better - and a very good consistent CM .

Looks to be a fixture for the next decade as first choice CM.

I wonder if Poch perhaps sees that as his future position?

Someone who can take the ball off the centre halves in the deepest midfield position and control the speed of the game through his recycling of possession. More a Busquets, Carrick, Alonso than an Iniesta so to speak.

Could be. I think, it's even more of a Poch "I'd trust my daugther to marry you" compliment :pochshock2:

In that Poch believes Winksy can do both, ie. deep lying and deployed further forward. In matches where we're expecting, or as in the case tonight perhaps more wanting, to dominate possession, we get the best from him, by having him at the base of midfield to keep all the possession ticking along.

It does demand someone alongside with an immense engine. Otherwise I can see it spelling trouble. So big credit to Sissoko, again! Rather than the names you threw out there, my mind goes more to Pirlo. Fantastic as Pirlo was on pure ability, he wouldn't have been as good without Gattuso and later Vidal being the garbage men besides him.

It's probably selective recollection, but I honestly cannot recall the last time he misplaced a pass or otherwise lost possession which put us in trouble. Despite being right at hub of everything. Just growing and growing...

Just stay injury free and I think he will become an important player. Actually it’s funny how him and Sissoko have stepped up when we really needed them.

Never hides from the ball, works his balls off and is improving defensively, need him fit and able for the run in. How much would he cost us in the transfer market right now?

He is a player that will never be fully appreciated outside of our fanbase I reckon

If he gets regular starts for England (and run the show there), wins the PL with us (and plays well in pivotal final matches), or wins CL with us (and plays a blinder in the final). Something along those lines and I believe, he will be. Possibly two of the three to really put him on your average fan's radar.

Failing that, you're correct.

So I hope, you're wrong :eriksenserious:

If he gets regular starts for England (and run the show there), wins the PL with us (and plays well in pivotal final matches), or wins CL with us (and plays a blinder in the final). Something along those lines and I believe, he will be. Possibly two of the three to really put him on your average fan's radar.

Failing that, you're correct.

So I hope, you're wrong :eriksenserious:

Declan Rice wank-fest will put him in the shade in the short-term.... Esp. if he ends up at City, United or similar for big bucks.

Ultimately, couldn't give a shit tho.... Same as Sonny... Yes, I'd like to see him get the deserved credit, but as long as we reap the benefits on a regular basis it probably works in our favour if the outside world thinks he shit, mediocre, over-rated by us of whatever delusion they chose to adopt.

I feared initially that he was going to be another tidy yet lightweight midfielder (like Carrol) but he's grown and shows real calmness and assurance. The real deal for me now and has the potential to be a club great...
Superb tonight, a joy to watch.

I wonder if Poch perhaps sees that as his future position?

Someone who can take the ball off the centre halves in the deepest midfield position and control the speed of the game through his recycling of possession. More a Busquets, Carrick, Alonso than an Iniesta so to speak.

There is more than a little Carrick to his game. Tempo and composure. An innate sense of the broader chess match happening around him. He gets better and better the more he plays.

Declan Rice wank-fest will put him in the shade in the short-term.... Esp. if he ends up at City, United or similar for big bucks.

Winks and Rice might work quite well as a double pivot for an England side likely to be a bit cagier and more counterattacking than the clubs those two will likely play for. A Pirlo and Gattuso type contrast in a way.

Winks and Rice might work quite well as a double pivot for an England side likely to be a bit cagier and more counterattacking than the clubs those two will likely play for. A Pirlo and Gattuso type contrast in a way.

I'm just talkin' in terms of recognition/hype.

Back
Top Bottom