Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester City (so, by proxy, Harry Winks) can eat an entire bag of dicks.

Guess what, poor fanboy. Winksy has been 100x the player than your all-time-favorite Ndombele that no one will remember in just few years time.

Sure, Winksy not being the genius of a footballer, but he gave his best for the club and earned some money even from sales.
Unlike the fat loser that will not even be kept on the loan until the end because of his shit attitude and utter uselessness.

What?

I also read Atletic piece on Harry Winks and found it rather interesting.

I even kind of assumed that some of the loudest trolls have eaten bit of an humble-pie.
After all, there were some posters who honestly (and I am NOT kidding) were suggesting that he would not even get picked by Championship sides. Now here we are, he has been ever present (minus one game on sidelines for 5 yellows) in Leicester midfield that is having one of the best seasons in Championship history...

But well, admitting that they went waaaaaaay overboard and to full-retard would take some honest self reflection and emotional intelligence, which I do not realistically expect to see from those posters. Just that... seeing people STILL throw shit at him is mind-boggling to me. Why? For what?

I have to say - I am really happy for Winksy. And I really hope he continues to do well for the rest of his career. Sure, once more - he was not a superstar quality midfielder for us, and selling him was the right move. But the guy gave what he had for Spurs to do well. Was here for more than 1/3 of his life. Respect for that.

Guess what, poor fanboy. Winksy has been 100x the player than your all-time-favorite Ndombele that no one will remember in just few years time.

Sure, Winksy not being the genius of a footballer, but he gave his best for the club and earned some money even from sales.
Unlike the fat loser that will not even be kept on the loan until the end because of his shit attitude and utter uselessness.
Sure Jan GIF

As if Leicester wouldn't be smashing up the Championship without Winks...

They have the largest budget by far.

£60,000,000. Followed by So'ton and Leeds @ £40,000,000.

Sure Jan GIF

As if Leicester wouldn't be smashing up the Championship without Winks...

They have the largest budget by far.

£60,000,000. Followed by So'ton and Leeds @ £40,000,000.

That is not what I am saying :)

Some lads suggested that he wouldn't be picked for any Championsip side.
Yet he is undisputed starter for team that is having one of best ever seasons there.
So this suggestion is thoroughly put to bed from whichever angle you look at it. Your budget can be bigger than anyone, but you will not dominate league with 10 players still.

But once again, I do not expect trolls to have emotional intelligence to admit being wrong in anything.

That is not what I am saying :)

Some lads suggested that he wouldn't be picked for any Championsip side.
Yet he is undisputed starter for team that is having one of best ever seasons there.
So this suggestion is thoroughly put to bed from whichever angle you look at it. Your budget can be bigger than anyone, but you will not dominate league with 10 players still.

But once again, I do not expect trolls to have emotional intelligence to admit being wrong in anything.
Winks playing DM and recycling the ball sideways and backwards (see also Hoijberg and Skipp) is a by-product of Jose/Nuno/Conte bollocks that we all hated.

Winksy has always looked decent enough going forward. He's not a DM. I suspect we were all too happy to blame him for the turgid midfield displays when it was really on the managers.

Weird how this thread is still active

Why?
And why does it bother you?

I don't understand what is weird or bad or negative about caring for former Spurs players.
I mean, from the same Winksy article I noticed that Jake Livermore is currently playing in Watford. I remember when he was playing for us and just seeing his name made me feel good and I am happy he still plays at 34.

Why?
And why does it bother you?

I don't understand what is weird or bad or negative about caring for former Spurs players.
I mean, from the same Winksy article I noticed that Jake Livermore is currently playing in Watford. I remember when he was playing for us and just seeing his name made me feel good and I am happy he still plays at 34.

It doesn't bother me I just said it's weird that this thread is still active

I don't see any other thread for past players this active, apart from Kane but that was recent and obvious.

Winksy has always looked decent enough going forward. He's not a DM. I suspect we were all too happy to blame him for the turgid midfield displays when it was really on the managers.
100% this - Understand people not being happy with him while he was here under Jose/Conte - Often didn’t look good enuf - like Murphy I think because of our terrorist football/negative managers (and injuries) -

But regardless, he’s one of own (always put in the effort for us) - Came through the academy and loves our club. Have no idea why any Spurs supporter would hate on him now - Not wish him anything but the best (at least until Leceister comes back up and plays us next season).

Back
Top Bottom