Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been closely following Harry since his Millwall days.

His preferred position is sitting behind the striker, similar to the Rooney role. Drifting back to the midfield picking up the ball and sending the outright striker through on goal.
This is where the Millwall manager Kenny Jackett deployed him when he had his spell there and it paid dividends for him because that was where he was most successful. Hitting in a few decent goals and assists. He won their young player of the year award and was wanted back again, but unfortunately the youth team hierachy at Spurs sent him to Norwich where it was not the best of loan spells shall we say...
They already had 3-4 strikers and only played a 4-5-1 system home and away.

When he came back from Norwich he went to Leicester where again they had established strikers already within their squad. Good strikers too, Nugent, Chris wood, etc..
If you dont score within a few games the fans will be calling for their favourites to be on the pitch rather than the Spurs youngster who will be gone by the end of the season...

I watched him play at the training centre also enough times to see how he plays and from what I have seen it is good stuff. We play the 4-3-3 even at youth level and with Obika in front of him, it was assist galore and he also netted a hat trick against Manchester City.

Will be interesting to see whether or not he will go out on loan this year. If he does, getting the right club is paramount as we are reaching a crucial developement stage.

Perfectly put. Wherever he goes next, he has to be deployed correctly rather than just as a place-filler in a standard 4-4-2/4-5-1. Personally, I'd rather keep him at the club this year and let him carve out a niche training with the seniors.

Whenever I have seen him before he has looked awful. Rabbit in the headlights full on panic liability kind of awful.

Was very pleasantly surprised yesterday, he looked decent which is an incredible change from what I expected.

Same here... looked like a different player when asked to play slightly deeper BEHIND the main Striker...
don't tell me we've unearthed yet ANOTHER deep lying #10 / false #9????

He looked decent today. A lot stronger than I thought he'd be and quite mobile. Had the one great through ball.

Shame is that he probably won't get to play many games behind the striker. And certainly not many in the league.

I suppose he'll get a chance to make a name for himself in the cups, at least.

He looked decent today. A lot stronger than I thought he'd be and quite mobile. Had the one great through ball.

Shame is that he probably won't get to play many games behind the striker. And certainly not many in the league.

I suppose he'll get a chance to make a name for himself in the cups, at least.

Getting him some Europa and cup games and then hopefully find him a good loan in January I think is the best play. Have to find him a place where he will fit though.

Getting him some Europa and cup games and then hopefully find him a good loan in January I think is the best play. Have to find him a place where he will fit though.

Premier League club would be ideal, maybe someone scrapping against relegation so he'll get toughened up and have to play quick, passing football.

I know, not asking for too much, am I?

Premier League club would be ideal, maybe someone scrapping against relegation so he'll get toughened up and have to play quick, passing football.

I know, not asking for too much, am I?

Well that's exactly what I want too. Not sure if there's a fit currently but injuries often create opportunities in situations like this.

I thought he did really well yesterday, didnt hide, was positive and contributed to the result.

A few weeks back I didnt think he looked like a League 1 player. He hid, he looked terrified, he couldnt do shit with the ball...

Amazing how quickly things can change. Im quite looking forward to the next cup game and seeing how he does now, before yesterday I was expecting him to play himself out of AVBs thoughts.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not convinced still. Until yesterday, I wouldn't have had him anywhere near a team against Premier League opposition after seeing how limited he was. That said, he did look decent yesterday and hopefully that'll be maintained if we play him in that role some more in the cups.

Any Bob Dylan fans in here?

With thanks to my mate Tom (Wuuuulves fan but Spurs is his London team) for the idea/chorus.

And to the Spurs folks he was just a crazy Yiddo,
No one doubted he'd score more than Mido
So they put him in the team
And all his goals were ream

Here comes the story of the Harry Kane
The man the gooners came to blame
For all the goals he ever done
Some of them nearly made me cum
But one time he's gonna play for the champions of the leaaaaaague

<violin and harmonica break, then repeat>

He's a very good player IMO. More experience will improve him dramatically. The CC is the perfect place for him to gain the experience he needs.

3q05gc.jpg
Jesus christ.

Fuck taking her on at footsies under the table. I like my feet not looking like pancakes

Back
Top Bottom