Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deadly serious here, love the lad. sure he will never be the number 9 we always dream about, but he is naturally more of a number 10. Had a great loan spell in 11/12 at Milwall. I would love to see him get a fair bit of time off the bench this season, get used to Premier League football.

My HK posts in the Transfer discussion thread got me around 20 Funny ratings and 1 agree. Just you wait.

Just you wait.

I think he gets unfair stick for no reason other than having been at the club for so long and being hyped up from the age of 16.

He only just turned 20 and wouldn't even take up a squad number for another 2 years. Windy compares him to Teddy Sheringham so lets give the boy a chance.

I think he gets unfair stick for no reason other than having been at the club for so long and being hyped up from the age of 16.

He only just turned 20 and wouldn't even take up a squad number for another 2 years. Windy compares him to Teddy Sheringham so lets give the boy a chance.

This the same windy who is forever slagging off Jermain Defoe?

I for one, have lots of time for Kane - unfair expectations and prejudice, much like with other academy products have created a false perception of a 'failure'. For fucks sake, he's still in his formative years!

Many FM fanboys and similar internet forum experts seem to have written him off already - ridiculous all-round bearing in mind he's hardly even been given the confidence associated with a consecutive run of games/starts for any striker (7/10+) and the fact he only turned 20 last month

Hope he stays on this season as 4th choice and receives good experience in the cups, etc. - in addition to training with AVB and the squad as opposed to some 2nd league cloggers up north

Many FM fanboys and similar internet forum experts seem to have written him off already - ridiculous all-round bearing in mind he's hardly even been given the confidence associated with a consecutive run of games/starts (7/10+) and the fact he only turned 20 last month

Hope he stays on this season as 4th choice and receives good experience in the cups, etc. - in addition to training with AVB and the squad as opposed to some 2nd league cloggers up north
3q05gc.jpg

I wish, but seriously, what does the bold even mean? He hasn't exactly shone whilst on loan or when given a run-out for Spurs.

The thing I like about him is he seems to let it roll, get bold, he just can't hold back or fold cos he's a man with soul, in control and effect, so what the heck, rock the discotheques and this groove is what's next.

Which is rare in a player of his age.

I wish, but seriously, what does the bold even mean? He hasn't exactly shone whilst on loan or when given a run-out for Spurs.
It means people have been (as with most academy products) in my opinion too quick to judge and write him off as a Championship player.

When was he ever give a solid run of games with us?

I wrote an article about Kane last summer on here. when I was checking stats for it, i found that in 11/12 whilst he was on loan at milwall for the second half of the season, he was only very slightly behind Adebayor's goal ratio for that whole season.

It means people have been (as with most academy products) in my opinion too quick to judge and write him off as a Championship player.

When was he ever give a solid run of games with us?
He hasn't earned regular games at Spurs so I don't really understand that. Also, he hasn't really shown anything in his loan spells to indicate that he would displace any of our strikers. He might carve out a career at Championship/Premier League level but not for a team chasing Champions League. Caulker and Townsend proved their worth on their loan spells, as did Walker.

I wrote an article about Kane last summer on here. when I was checking stats for it, i found that in 11/12 whilst he was on loan at milwall for the second half of the season, he was only very slightly behind Adebayor's goal ratio for that whole season.
I wonder what the goal/assist ratio was? Adebayor was one of 2 players to get double figures in both.

He hasn't earned regular games at Spurs so I don't really understand that. Also, he hasn't really shown anything in his loan spells to indicate that he would displace any of our strikers. He might carve out a career at Championship/Premier League level but not for a team chasing Champions League. Caulker and Townsend proved their worth on their loan spells, as did Walker.
How is he meant to 'earn' that if he's never given a chance?

He had 3 games in the PL for Norwich - hardly an objective pool of samples

Kane is awful, his touch is awful, his finishing is awful, and he almost looks embarrassed to be playing half the time.

I love the optimism, love it..... But i just dont see it at all.

Back
Top Bottom