Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't rush him back ffs.
I think it will happen though,as he is going to have his mind on the euros as well as our season.

This is it. The Euro's will play a big part in motivating him too. Our chances are fancied and he's the captain. All the class & dedication he brings to Spurs is obviously at play when it comes to his England career too.

Last edited:
mirror5.jpg

He won’t be lying. He told the truth over Lloris and Davies. So I expect without any set backs that then will be when he’s back.
Well he said Lloris wasn’t coming back till feb and he was already in full training by early Jan so that’s not strictly true.

Anyway where are people getting these Jose quotes?

edit: just seen guardian article.

Well he said Lloris wasn’t coming back till feb and he was already in full training by early Jan so that’s not strictly true.

Anyway where are people getting these Jose quotes?

edit: just seen guardian article.
He's not lying as much as he is downplaying their rehab.

Better to play it down and be positively surprised than to say "Yeah sure, he's ahead of schedule" only to suffer a setback.

He's not lying as much as he is downplaying their rehab.

Better to play it down and be positively surprised than to say "Yeah sure, he's ahead of schedule" only to suffer a setback.

sorry, lying was the wrong word. Yeah I agree, he’s down playing things, which is fair enough. He’s in the Bahamas at the moment so is having a nice rest. Lucky him!

Did some serious damage to my vocal cords in this game. It was about a month before I could speak without sounding like Sean Dyche with laryngitis. To this day I can't shout or sing loudly without my throat scratching away, but that scratch in the throat will always take me back to one of our best ever derby day games against the scum. (blew out my cords the following season too when Kane curled the ball into the top right corner).

Up The NHS!

Anyone else think it might be good for him and for us if he sits out the rest of the season & the Euros and comes back fighting fresh for pre-season?

If we fall away from the European places, no way we should test him out or risk it. If we are well in it, good and proper let's see how those creamy hamstrings hold out.

It shouldn't come at the risk of losing him again but in all honesty, Kane has never to my knowledge had an instant recurrence of an injury due to hasty time keeping.

Anyone else think it might be good for him and for us if he sits out the rest of the season & the Euros and comes back fighting fresh for pre-season?
I don’t know, last time I heard not playing for a long time takes a toll on the player maybe just as much as rushing him back.
Imo the best would be to get him slowly introduced if there’s still time this season. The fact that he’s Kane shouldn’t mean he’s slotting right back in, but because we have no back-up striker it’s making things more difficult.

Mourinho is smart.

I don't think he'd rush Kane back anyway, personally. There's no sentimental value. He seems to do what's best for the team at the time of a game.

Back
Top Bottom