Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nonsense comparison. No way can you compare a striker to a QB. A striker requires a level of service from team mates, a QB is the key component off an attack. He touches the ball on practically every play. Comparing apples and oranges here, and Brady is a cunt anyway.

I get what you’re saying but what you’re inadvertently implying is that Harry’s production is largely a result of the service he’s been given from his teammates rather than his individual brilliance. If so, there’s nothing to say in response to that.

I get what you’re saying but what you’re inadvertently implying is that Harry’s production is largely a result of the service he’s been given from his teammates rather than his individual brilliance. If so, there’s nothing to say in response to that.

Stick Lewandowski or Aguero up top in an under-performing team and watch their game suffer.

Do you similarly expect a GK to remain consistent regardless of how well the defense of performing?

.....Why are you so damn driven to sell the idea that Kane isn't very good??? :pochrolleyes:

Stick Lewandowski or Aguero up top in an under-performing team and watch their game suffer.

Do you similarly expect a GK to remain consistent regardless of how well the defense of performing?

.....Why are you so damn driven to sell the idea that Kane isn't very good??? :pochrolleyes:

Stick Bale up front in a shit team, and he will sling in 20 odd goals from outside the box.

Not saying Kane isn't world class - but there are players that still do it in shit teams.

Stick Bale up front in a shit team, and he will sling in 20 odd goals from outside the box.

Not saying Kane isn't world class - but there are players that still do it in shit teams.

You mean goals like Harry scored on Saturday? ;)

Exactly like that.
For 1-0 too, so even more important.
I would go as far as to say Kane is better than Shearer.

I agree, but only just.

Shearer was a phenomenon from the start. Incredible at Southampton, even better at Blackburn, and a legend at Newcastle. I was lucky enough to see him live playing for England a few times, and as a striker he was the complete package. I think his long-range game was better than Kane’s.

Kane, on the other hand, is almost as good as Shearer as a striker, but miles better as a player in general. He’s smarter, has better positional sense, and is the best passer of the ball for club and country. The fucker can even play in goal if he has to.

We should just cherish every second we have of watching Kane. History in the making. I’m desperate for him to win a trophy with us, because he deserves it so much.

I agree, but only just.

Shearer was a phenomenon from the start. Incredible at Southampton, even better at Blackburn, and a legend at Newcastle. I was lucky enough to see him live playing for England a few times, and as a striker he was the complete package. I think his long-range game was better than Kane’s.

Kane, on the other hand, is almost as good as Shearer as a striker, but miles better as a player in general. He’s smarter, has better positional sense, and is the best passer of the ball for club and country. The fucker can even play in goal if he has to.

We should just cherish every second we have of watching Kane. History in the making. I’m desperate for him to win a trophy with us, because he deserves it so much.

Shearer was a massive bully - all elbows.. in a game which has changed since then.

Agree Shearer was better from range, and although I believe Kane is better than him - I expect defenders would fear playing against Shearer more than Kane.
That's because Shearer was a massive cunt too. Makes me shout at the TV when he criticises players for being dirty on MOTD having watched a career literally full of shithousery from him.

4 years ago I put £100 on Kane to beat Shearers 260 Premier League goals. Still fancy it too!

Shearer was a massive bully - all elbows.. in a game which has changed since then.

Agree Shearer was better from range, and although I believe Kane is better than him - I expect defenders would fear playing against Shearer more than Kane.
That's because Shearer was a massive cunt too. Makes me shout at the TV when he criticises players for being dirty on MOTD having watched a career literally full of shithousery from him.

4 years ago I put £100 on Kane to beat Shearers 260 Premier League goals. Still fancy it too!

Good bet. If he can avoid injury he can do it.

And yeah, Shearer was a proper old school English striker. In this era you could knock off 25% of his goals, but he made the most of the situation. Brilliant striker. Better than Rooney, Owen, or Lineker.

I don't think that was inadvertently implied, it is a simple aspect of the game. As much as I think it is ridiculous, a better American football analogy would be a striker being compared to a WR or a RB. They may be able to do something special and contribute at times, but without the right support they will ultimately be greatly limited in what they can do.

But enough about this bullshit comparison, I hate football. Kane does best when he has support around him.

That support may be in terms of quality service into spots he is more dangerous in. It may be support of other attacking players stepping up and taking off pressure on him as the lone threat. It could also be support behind him where he doesn't need to drop back into midfield because we can't advance the ball out of our half.

Was he at his top performance for a little while? No, but neither was the rest of the team. That being said, he did way more at times with what he was given than some of the rest. He is world class and even when he has been struggling, there is almost no team where he couldn't walk in and be a starter. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Oh, and to suggest that one of the solutions is for him to get back to just firing in more low percentage shots from outside the box in every game is ridiculous as well.

Oh, and to suggest that one of the solutions is for him to get back to just firing in more low percentage shots from outside the box in every game is ridiculous as well.
It's not that ridiculous. Kane has out-performed in those situations for most of his time at the top. Bale did similarly before at long range. Kane's shot placement and technique separates him from most of his peers, and his goal scoring output has always out-performed expectations when he has taken more shot opportunities as opposed to being more selective.

He is a deadly threat outside the box.

I was watching the Patriots game yesterday and Tom Brady, 6 time super bowl champion and undisputed greatest quarterback of all time, was booed off the field in his home stadium. This guy is the Michael Jordan of American football.

Apart from the fact they are both highly paid sportsmen there is almost zero comparison. Brady needs just one main skill - throw a ball - to do that he has the ball given to him on almost every play- he has an entire offensive line who's only job is to stop him being tackled - then he has another set of players who's only job is to run to where he throws the ball.

It would be like Kane standing on the penalty spot and being given the ball every five minutes to have a shot at goal ... and frankly just as boring.

No denying Brady is at what he does but there the comparison ends.

It's not that ridiculous. Kane has out-performed in those situations for most of his time at the top. Bale did similarly before at long range. Kane's shot placement and technique separates him from most of his peers, and his goal scoring output has always out-performed expectations when he has taken more shot opportunities as opposed to being more selective.

He is a deadly threat outside the box.
What's a little ridiculous is the context in which the idea it was presented. Taking more shots and scoring the occasional one just out of sheer chance isn't going to prove him as a world-class striker.

He has the skill, obviously, to take those kinds of shots. But imagine around 10 games ago when we had no energy, teams were parking the bus on us and we had no potency at all on offense. How would Kane just firing off more shots outside of a loaded up box helped us much, and/or proved that he was world-class?

Firing more shots from outside the box when it doesn't add much value and it isn't what makes him world-class. What does is that he has the skill to take advantage of those when the opportunity presents itself.

Apart from the fact they are both highly paid sportsmen there is almost zero comparison. Brady needs just one main skill - throw a ball - to do that he has the ball given to him on almost every play- he has an entire offensive line who's only job is to stop him being tackled - then he has another set of players who's only job is to run to where he throws the ball.

It would be like Kane standing on the penalty spot and being given the ball every five minutes to have a shot at goal ... and frankly just as boring.

No denying Brady is at what he does but there the comparison ends.

Not exactly my point. I was saying that if a sports figure like Tom Brady can get criticized and booed off the field, no athlete should be exempt from criticism. It happens in all sports. I wasn't comparing the two sports whatsoever.

Not exactly my point. I was saying that if a sports figure like Tom Brady can get criticized and booed off the field, no athlete should be exempt from criticism. It happens in all sports. I wasn't comparing the two sports whatsoever.

The difference is, you think Kane warrants criticism at the moment and many disagree. We aren't saying he doesn't warrant a ticking off as and when required but for me 25 goals in 26 games this season for club and country means we see diffently based on criticism being warranted pal. I cannot and will not moan about a footballer who has contributed 155 combined goals and assists in his last 155 games, no chance but that's just how me and you differ.

Back
Top Bottom