Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'll have an ankle injury at some point, and won't play in the FA Cup. He's also not playing against Bayern, apparently.

I wouldn't be too sure about him not playing in the FA Cup mate, we have a winter break this year so I can see that as well as our desire to win something and no genuinely established backup striker in our ranks playing a part. I expect Kane to play a part in cup games, that winter break will see a shift in how we approach it I fancy.

25-30 games left this season, a goal a game average and he'll be bang up there.

His goals yesterday were proof of how hard he hits the ball. I cant think of anyone that gets that much power into his shots that regularly.

It might sound daft, but if you can get close to the pitch when he’s warming up, the noise of impact on just his warm up shots is so much louder than when other players shoot.

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy sorry mate but you cannot ignore this kind of activity, especially at a time where people are sayin H looks tired and not himself. There's literally 4-5 players on the planet who could do something like this, we are so lucky to have him.

No doubt he’s one of the best strikers on the planet. Let’s hope he can build on that performance from a couple days ago. Those two goals were top class

No doubt he’s one of the best strikers on the planet. Let’s hope he can build on that performance from a couple days ago. Those two goals were top class

Your usual output distinctly argues that you don't believe this however.

Your usual output distinctly argues that you don't believe this however.

I do think Harry's a top striker, no doubt, particularly if you take into account the entirety of the past 4-5 years. However, I don't think that he should be exempt from criticism and that has been my point. If we're being honest, he hasn't played up to the level of a world class striker the past year or so despite his production.

Hell we were a mid table team at one point - the star player should be put on the hot seat along with the manager - it's just how it's done in all sports. I was watching the Patriots game yesterday and Tom Brady, 6 time super bowl champion and undisputed greatest quarterback of all time, was booed off the field in his home stadium. This guy is the Michael Jordan of American football.

On the bright side, Harry has seemed to have turned the corner last week with those two class goals and I think he's really going to start unleashing some fury over the next several weeks. Spurs need him to be on top of his game if we got a shot at making the top 4 and making a run in CL.

I do think Harry's a top striker, no doubt, particularly if you take into account the entirety of the past 4-5 years. However, I don't think that he should be exempt from criticism and that has been my point. If we're being honest, he hasn't played up to the level of a world class striker the past year or so despite his production.

Hell we were a mid table team at one point - the star player should be put on the hot seat along with the manager - it's just how it's done in all sports. I was watching the Patriots game yesterday and Tom Brady, 6 time super bowl champion and undisputed greatest quarterback of all time, was booed off the field in his home stadium. This guy is the Michael Jordan of American football.

On the bright side, Harry has seemed to have turned the corner last week with those two class goals and I think he's really going to start unleashing some fury over the next several weeks. Spurs need him to be on top of his game if we got a shot at making the top 4 and making a run in CL.

So you’re American?

Bloody hell this pleases my OCD, what a man.

cu1aUmr.jpg

Harry missed about a 3rd of last season through injury and still bagged goals in the high-20s..... Stay fit and that equates to 40+ goals.... That's a world class level of output.

Nonsense comparison. No way can you compare a striker to a QB. A striker requires a level of service from team mates, a QB is the key component off an attack. He touches the ball on practically every play. Comparing apples and oranges here, and Brady is a cunt anyway.

Back
Top Bottom