Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's lost a bit of pace and I think he is pulling out of 50-50s due to a fear of that injury coming back. But Kane's come up with good for us in plenty of clutch situations over the years and has played well when the team hasn't. Give him a month and I'd he's still not 100% we can worry
More concerning for me was the lack of service from midfield it was non existent and whilst city were quicker all over the pitch it was one of the worst performance's I have seen from us in a while.
The good thing is that under poch we take a while to get going so maybe a better judgement will be in a couple of months time, but that result today was huge in not losing imo.

More concerning for me was the lack of service from midfield it was non existent and whilst city were quicker all over the pitch it was one of the worst performance's I have seen from us in a while.
The good thing is that under poch we take a while to get going so maybe a better judgement will be in a couple of months time, but that result today was huge in not losing imo.

Tactics where all wrong today we basically surrendered any attacking intent and the wings to cram the midfield with body's. Kane was often left 3v1 uptop and was having to drop very deep to even touch the ball. I don't think he actually touched the ball within 30 yards of the goal.

Last edited:
It's popular to dig out Eriksen in big games but when's the last time Kane's showed up?

Look, he's a legend, he's one of our own etc but he's not infallible. These injuries have taken its toll. He'll always score when given service but scoring goals was not the only reason he was considered so good. The all round play and bulldozing nature was special, but it's not there anymore. These days when Kane drops deep he either loses the 50-50 battle or looks for a free kick. It's not good.

Bollocks. Totally hung out to dry by Poch's tactics.

Bollocks. Totally hung out to dry by Poch's tactics.

That would be the tactics that saw us end City's 15 game winning run, score more goals at the Etihad in two seasons than any other EPL side ... those tactics?

We were played off the park by a side that will walk the EPL for the third year in a row, the fact we had almost no possession in their final third is why Kane had almost zero impact on this game ... just like every other striker playing away at the Etihad this season will do.

That would be the tactics that saw us end City's 15 game winning run, score more goals at the Etihad in two seasons than any other EPL side ... those tactics?

We were played off the park by a side that will walk the EPL for the third year in a row, the fact we had almost no possession in their final third is why Kane had almost zero impact on this game ... just like every other striker playing away at the Etihad this season will do.

We got a jammy draw, no point pretending otherwise. And perhaps you could enlighten me as to what our tactics were in terms of trying to score goals? I didn't see any tactics at all. Baffling decision not to play Lucas and equally baffling to waste Eriksen by just sticking him on the left.

We got a jammy draw, no point pretending otherwise. And perhaps you could enlighten me as to what our tactics were in terms of trying to score goals? I didn't see any tactics at all. Baffling decision not to play Lucas and equally baffling to waste Eriksen by just sticking him on the left.

Which is why Poch is manager and you are not ..... we were always going to be living off scraps, however 44.3% possession will probably be one of the best by any team at the Etihad this season, 501 passes again will be one of the best ... that said we were not even close in terms of output.

Back to Poch - so why did he jump up and down and insist that Lucas came on before that corner, why did he stick Lucas straight on Walker? and what happened 30 seconds later? .... that's his manager's salary earned right there .... shame you couldn't see it but I doubt Poch will worry about that.

You might not see anything tactical, but then you're just a fan who sees the players for 90 minutes a week, why would you know what was really going on?

Which is why Poch is manager and you are not ..... we were always going to be living off scraps, however 44.3% possession will probably be one of the best by any team at the Etihad this season, 501 passes again will be one of the best ... that said we were not even close in terms of output.

Back to Poch - so why did he jump up and down and insist that Lucas came on before that corner, why did he stick Lucas straight on Walker? and what happened 30 seconds later? .... that's his manager's salary earned right there .... shame you couldn't see it but I doubt Poch will worry about that.

You might not see anything tactical, but then you're just a fan who sees the players for 90 minutes a week, why would you know what was really going on?

Poch isn't exempt from criticism. I've seen enough managers come and go to see when they've got it totally wrong. It was very worrying all round from Poch. What's happened to the guy barking out from the touchline? He seemed strangely detached and disengaged. They'll come a time when the the hunger's not there anymore and he feels he's gone as far as he can go. It's too early to say that's happened yet, but anymore insipid displays like that and it's time to worry. We'll beat Newcastle next week because they're gash but if we don't turn up at Woolwich it'll be very troubling.

Poch isn't exempt from criticism. I've seen enough managers come and go to see when they've got it totally wrong. It was very worrying all round from Poch. What's happened to the guy barking out from the touchline? He seemed strangely detached and disengaged. They'll come a time when the the hunger's not there anymore and he feels he's gone as far as he can go. It's too early to say that's happened yet, but anymore insipid displays like that and it's time to worry. We'll beat Newcastle next week because they're gash but if we don't turn up at Woolwich it'll be very troubling.

Of course he's not exempt from criticism but arguing that he will need criticizing when we've played just two games, one being our toughest game of the season, we have got four points and have seen Son's suspension end and the new boys start to fine their feet? really? doom and gloom?

To then say should we lose games Poch will need criticising? that's like saying water is wet ... what are you trying to prove with that statement?

To even suggest "hunger's not there anymore and he feels he's gone as far as he can go" it's pure fantasy?

Great start to the season, would have taken four points from those first two games all day long ....

Maybe the shit only gets stirred up here by trolls but I find it totally bizarre that any true Spurs fan would be criticizing Harry after the citeh game.
For example: with all the pressure we were under, does it make any sense to complain about him winning free kicks while collecting a long clearance - stopping the game to boot.
Another one: after the goal he scored from the halfway line in pre-season, which every goalie in Europe must have watched, don't you think that the long shot he tried on Alisson had the effect of taking him away as an extra sweeper? That's not the sort of thing that appears in the stats, but there's a lot more to Harry's play than whether it's been a week (FFS) since he scored a couple, including the match winner.

Maybe the shit only gets stirred up here by trolls but I find it totally bizarre that any true Spurs fan would be criticizing Harry after the citeh game.
For example: with all the pressure we were under, does it make any sense to complain about him winning free kicks while collecting a long clearance - stopping the game to boot.
Another one: after the goal he scored from the halfway line in pre-season, which every goalie in Europe must have watched, don't you think that the long shot he tried on Alisson had the effect of taking him away as an extra sweeper? That's not the sort of thing that appears in the stats, but there's a lot more to Harry's play than whether it's been a week (FFS) since he scored a couple, including the match winner.
Great post. 👋

Well here’s a conundrum for ya.
I’m a true spurs fan, and I thought Kane was toilet against City.

Hmmmmmmm, that should keep you busy over the weekend

Well here’s a conundrum for ya.
I’m a true spurs fan, and I thought Kane was toilet against City.

Hmmmmmmm, that should keep you busy over the weekend
I just can't understand why you think he was "toilet" . Are you only watching highlights or something?
Also not sure what any of this has to do with mybusy weekend but I guess there is some personal insult thread you're hoping to get into?

I just can't understand why you think he was "toilet" . Are you only watching highlights or something?
Also not sure what any of this has to do with mybusy weekend but I guess there is some personal insult thread you're hoping to get into?
A bit rich from someone who just said anyone who didn’t think Kane played well isn’t a true Spurs fan don’t you think?

Haha, we’ve got another one.

Highlights? Well if Kane was only toilet on the highlights, then I guess he was indeed not very good.

Or are you another one of those that don’t follow the ball, and just watch Kane, ten meters away “drawing players away into no mans land, unappreciated while he toils the soil”

A bit rich from someone who just said anyone who didn’t think Kane played well isn’t a true Spurs fan don’t you think?

Haha, we’ve got another one.

Highlights? Well if Kane was only toilet on the highlights, then I guess he was indeed not very good.

Or are you another one of those that don’t follow the ball, and just watch Kane, ten meters away “drawing players away into no mans land, unappreciated while he toils the soil”
Sammy have you heard the expression
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."? (G.B.Shaw)
No offense to pigs, but I don't think there's any point responding to you. So feel free to have the last word, and please, make it as childish or as restrained as you see fit.
Cheers

Sammy have you heard the expression
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."? (G.B.Shaw)
No offense to pigs, but I don't think there's any point responding to you. So feel free to have the last word, and please, make it as childish or as restrained as you see fit.
Cheers

I guess they only watched the highlights too

(You see how my post is Harry Kane related)

Back
Top Bottom