Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Henderson starting as well. Looks like Southgate is going for the settled group over the last 2 weeks as opposed to those parachuting in 2 days before.

It doesn't surprise me seeing Gareth go with this. Takes a target of football of his back after th whole should Kane have started the final debate. Doesn't play him Southgate can point to the final should England fail, play him and lose and it will flare up in the media. The sensible call really, especially as there will be games in quick succession and with Harry being rusty/ possibly not match fit

So no Spurs or Liverpool players starting for England tonight. Can we please put the Southgate/ Poch/ Kane story to bed and not look into it as much as some have? Read it whatever way you wish but ultimately Southgate has gone for a team he has been working with for a couple of weeks above all else:

So no Spurs or Liverpool players starting for England tonight. Can we please put the Southgate/ Poch/ Kane story to bed and not look into it as much as some have? Read it whatever way you wish but ultimately Southgate has gone for a team he has been working with for a couple of weeks above all else:

Fuckin' A!

#UCLCopingMechanisms

Fuckin' A!

#UCLCopingMechanisms

Southgate tried to play it safe but it could very well fuck him if Van Dijk and Wijnaldum play a blinder. How you can go into a game like this without players that made it to a European Cup final is beyond me. Arguably you're basically playing your inferior players because you choose a settled team. I don't understand that one but time will tell if it was the right call.

Delph, Barkley and Rice in midfield potentially? What a killer that could be

Southgate tried to play it safe but it could very well fuck him if Van Dijk and Wijnaldum play a blinder. How you can go into a game like this without players that made it to a European Cup final is beyond me. Arguably you're basically playing your inferior players because you choose a settled team. I don't understand that one but time will tell if it was the right call.

Delph, Barkley and Rice in midfield potentially? What a killer that could be

I shan't knock him either way....

Just a far less loaded decision compared to Poch.

You can bet HK comes on in the 2nd half if we're looking blunt tho.

For all of those saying Southgate has shown Poch the way regarding Kane. Fabian Delph hasn't started a Premier League game this calendar year yet has been chosen ahead of Henderson, a footballer who has just captained his club side to a European trophy. I won't know him but I won't swallow anything anyone says about Southgate seeing what Pochettino couldn't or didn't choose to see

I'm not a massive England fan so I hate every time there is a story about Kane that interferes with Spurs. He represents England well as the captain, as does Southgate as the manager, and in actual fact would be a fine Spurs captain based on that.

The problem with Poch selecting Kane wasn't whether Kane was fit or not or deserved to start or not. It was whether he was match sharp enough to beat VVD and Alisson and displace a semi-final hat-trick winning hero who had pace and could tactically cause Liverpool problems, in my opinion. The jury is still out on that one because we lost, which we knew before the game, but one thing I will give Pochettino credit for is he believed in his best XI on paper and gave all of his forward players a chance.

You can say he got the order wrong, and I believe he did and said so before the match, but I don't think there is anyone who didn't change their mind four or five times.

England were winning 1-0 at h/t. Harry comes on during the break and they go on to lose 1-3

Not the happiest of returns from injury. Shitty few days

England were winning 1-0 at h/t. Harry comes on during the break and they go on to lose 1-3

The other ten guys on the field didn't help either to be fair.

Walker turned his back on De Ligt for the corner, Stones a calamity for both goals but aside from that we hardly ever played ball to feet to Kane for him to hold it up waiting for the runs of Lingard, Sancho and Sterling.

The midfield of Barkley, Delph and Rice is mid table at best. Without a midfield you can't expect much from your attack.

Either way it's time for Harry to rest up

Still not at his sharpest obviously but England looked better with Kane on the pitch but a close VAR call goes against them and John Stones has a couple of brain farts and the whole narrative changes. I wouldn't mind if he starts picking up little niggles every time England play because he seems to becoming a target for the haters and I don't think it's gonna do him any good long term. Part of me wishes he opted to play for Ireland when he was in his teens as they'd hero worship him. I'm not enjoying having so many Tottenham players playing for England because it's generally a case of win the tournament or get hate, especially for the best players.

The other ten guys on the field didn't help either to be fair.

Walker turned his back on De Ligt for the corner, Stones a calamity for both goals but aside from that we hardly ever played ball to feet to Kane for him to hold it up waiting for the runs of Lingard, Sancho and Sterling.

The midfield of Barkley, Delph and Rice is mid table at best. Without a midfield you can't expect much from your attack.

Either way it's time for Harry to rest up

Agreed but still a 3rd/4th place play off.

Hopefully Southgate will play Wilson....

Back
Top Bottom