Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, that’s the most obvious/predictable. Probably our best on balance this year.

Point bring can you really drop an on-fire Moura after a hat trick and Son had a goalless ok game?

Personally I feel Moura can win us long balls, is better in the press and better at tracking back than Son. Son does have the edge in attacking play and positioning.

What a dilemma to have!

sun28.jpg

So without Harry Kane there are 6 Liverpool players more likely to score the 1st goal and the next after the SIX Liverpool players is Moura who is 7th likeliest to score the first goal.......

Stuff like this does my nerves no good..... No good at all.......
Odds are largely done on betting patterns, all that shows is dippers spend more and are stupid

Personally, if we aren't starting both him & Sonny; I'd pick Lucas on the basis that he's the form player.

That game, as great as it was, was 3 weeks ago though. Players' form changes every week.

My guess is Poch goes with Son if Kane comes back to start, they have much better chemistry since they've played with each other for a long time.

I also won't be surprised if Winks (if he starts) doesn't last the full game. And it'll probably be Moura coming on for him with Eriksen dropping back.

That game, as great as it was, was 3 weeks ago though. Players' form changes every week.

My guess is Poch goes with Son if Kane comes back to start, they have much better chemistry since they've played with each other for a long time.

I also won't be surprised if Winks (if he starts) doesn't last the full game. And it'll probably be Moura coming on for him with Eriksen dropping back.

Not a prediction, just what I'd do....

Sonny hasn't been up to much since scoring at City.

Hoddle talking a lot of sense - reckons Kane will be better coming on with 30 mins to go as the game will hopefully have opened up a bit.

Hard to disagree - if as usual we start slowly and our backs are to the wall, it would be a bit of a waste to have Kane up top and then have to bring him off when the game starts to open up.

He's convinced me - Kane to start from bench anyone?

Hoddle talking a lot of sense - reckons Kane will be better coming on with 30 mins to go as the game will hopefully have opened up a bit.

Hard to disagree - if as usual we start slowly and our backs are to the wall, it would be a bit of a waste to have Kane up top and then have to bring him off when the game starts to open up.

He's convinced me - Kane to start from bench anyone?

No way Kane starts from the bench if he’s deemed fit, however sensible it might be.

I can't see Winks starting.

He could play Eriksen beside Sissoko, which allows Moura to play.

Nope, then you lose Eriksen's effectiveness.

We need logic here. Winks and Sissoko need to start. The midfield will be a key area I feel. It is not Eriksen's strength battling against power house midfielders so we need Winks and Sissoko in there.

Eriksen needs to be to the front of our midfield alongside Alli, who is our ace in the pack. (Cometh the moment I feel with him). We have to have Eriksen in the places to hurt Liverpool.

The issue is Kane and which of Moura or Son would then make way. For me Moura offers more defensively in that he tracks back and obviously offers a goal threat. I think he will start I really do.

Then it's Kane or Son but it's a big call no doubt at all.

Well I'll trust in Poch either way...... but he could be accused of suffering from sentimentality or be being a bit naieve - Kane on bench has got to be the smart play surely.

I agree I think.

Kane will say he is fit of course but better to have him on until the end as opposed to from the beginning, but an argument can be made for both options.

I agree I think.

Kane will say he is fit of course but better to have him on until the end as opposed to from the beginning, but an argument can be made for both options.

Kane will definitely say he's fit - but if the aim is to keep it tight and tidy for the first 30 minutes then he's much better coming on the pitch when defenders are less fresh and maybe into a period where concentration is as sharp as it is at the start of the game..... Also with the potential for another hour of football and penalties.

Obviously this tactic all goes to pot if we concede a couple in the first 30 minutes.....

One thing for sure is that we surely must go back 4!

Massive decisions to be made

Nope, then you lose Eriksen's effectiveness.

We need logic here. Winks and Sissoko need to start. The midfield will be a key area I feel. It is not Eriksen's strength battling against power house midfielders so we need Winks and Sissoko in there.

Eriksen needs to be to the front of our midfield alongside Alli, who is our ace in the pack. (Cometh the moment I feel with him). We have to have Eriksen in the places to hurt Liverpool.

The issue is Kane and which of Moura or Son would then make way. For me Moura offers more defensively in that he tracks back and obviously offers a goal threat. I think he will start I really do.

Then it's Kane or Son but it's a big call no doubt at all.
All good and valid points.

The way I see it is, if Eriksen is along side Sissoko then he will be able to affect the game more with his passing as he will have more space. This allows Dele to push up a bit and use his flicks and runs into the box.
Dele for me is a bit wasted in a wider position.

Petty much the same formation as the second half against Ajax.

Your point abut the dippers midfield is especially valid but your point about Eriksen vs them is equally valid with regards to Winks as he is not a powerhouse nor is he by nature a DM. (if we play as a 4-2-3-1)

A 4-2-3-1 will allow both Son and Moura to use their pace out wide (something Dele doesn't have) to push their FBs back or run into the spaces their FBs leave.

Back
Top Bottom