Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I expected nothing less from Southgate. He's a selfish cunt who only cares about his job safety. He will run Harry into the ground just to make sure he has a "good" record instead of using this as an opportunity to experiment with other up and coming players. If he truly cared about his captain/talisman he would be making sure he gets a long deserved rest instead of calling him up for a bunch of bullshite friendlies now labelled as "nations cup".
He needs another captain/talisman but his best option is that gurning fool Henderson.

I think Harry is ok with this .... it’s my guess he will use any opportunity to get match fit
Let’s get some things straight though.
Whilst Harry might be ok with it, let’s not forget how many ankle injuries he’s running up here. It’s every year. And sometimes more than once a year.
He’s been playing way too much football for someone who probably needs to rest his ankles for a little longer than he wants to.
Have him “around” the squad for this nations league, by all means, but let’s not run the fucker even further into the ground this summer. He needs a rest. He won’t get one next summer (assuming he’s not injured an ankle anyway) & his priorities should be
1- CL Final
2- start of next season for spurs
3- captaining us in euro 2020

England can go fuck off really. Have him there for some tubthumping, chest beating team talks, but there is absolutely no reason to play him in a glorified international friendly for a tinpot trophy when he is coming back from yet another ankle issue.

Let’s get some things straight though.
Whilst Harry might be ok with it, let’s not forget how many ankle injuries he’s running up here. It’s every year. And sometimes more than once a year.
He’s been playing way too much football for someone who probably needs to rest his ankles for a little longer than he wants to.
Have him “around” the squad for this nations league, by all means, but let’s not run the fucker even further into the ground this summer. He needs a rest. He won’t get one next summer (assuming he’s not injured an ankle anyway) & his priorities should be
1- CL Final
2- start of next season for spurs
3- captaining us in euro 2020

England can go fuck off really. Have him there for some tubthumping, chest beating team talks, but there is absolutely no reason to play him in a glorified international friendly for a tinpot trophy when he is coming back from yet another ankle issue.
Couldn’t agree more.... seems I had myself a bit confused

All sorted now

Couldn’t agree more.... seems I had myself a bit confused

All sorted now
How so?

Ah edit.
Yes, CL is before the tinpot trophy.
If he is fit for the CL, he plays.
He should then be given a few weeks off to go play golf, wank in a sock, or whatever takes his fancy other than putting stress on his ankles.
He is a fucking unit of a man, & my biggest worry is that ankle issues will end him early if he doesn’t take very good care of himself and rest up whenever there is some meaningless bollocks of a match

How so?

Ah edit.
Yes, CL is before the tinpot trophy.
If he is fit for the CL, he plays.
He should then be given a few weeks off to go play golf, wank in a sock, or whatever takes his fancy other than putting stress on his ankles.
He is a fucking unit of a man, & my biggest worry is that ankle issues will end him early if he doesn’t take very good care of himself and rest up whenever there is some meaningless bollocks of a match
In fairness he’ll probably have a spare sock with the ole bad ankle

I agree he should be rested and not play for these tin pot trophies for England, I just wonder if it is Harry himself who pushes himself and always wants to play for England if possible. I think it is hard for the coaches to stop him from playing, he just wants to compete, hopefully he does not do himself in, he is such an amazing player, works hard, and is a true sportsman.

I agree he should be rested and not play for these tin pot trophies for England, I just wonder if it is Harry himself who pushes himself and always wants to play for England if possible. I think it is hard for the coaches to stop him from playing, he just wants to compete, hopefully he does not do himself in, he is such an amazing player, works hard, and is a true sportsman.
It fits the description we have of Harry yeah. First one in, last one out.

I think that's true, Harry wants to play every minute and compete in every action, and both of his most recent ankle injuries have come from him going in for completely unnecessary challenges because he was so desperate to compete for a loose ball. He is super competitive.

But as a striker there are balls you have to go for and balls you don't, he needs to stop going for the latter. Especially if there is a weakness in his ankle. If you need to lunge because you can score a goal, then do it. To win a throw by the halfway line or stop a clearance in the 90th minute? Not worth the risk.

Only negativity running through my head regarding Kane starting is that I remember Atletico rushing Costa back for their CL final and he won't off injured in the first half.

Only negativity running through my head regarding Kane starting is that I remember Atletico rushing Costa back for their CL final and he won't off injured in the first half.

Not sure how that is negative if he at least contrubutes capably to that point.

He then rests and recuperates for the summer if injured.

I agree take no unnecessary risk but we are already 10 days since the Ajax game where we all saw him running. A world of difference between playing but positive.

I think he will be fit. How fit and how ready who knows.

I think the likely question will be start or not to start? I just think he presents Van Dijk with a problem that Moura, Son and Llorente don't.

And his vision also makes it likely that he could play behind Son or Moura, which asks a slightly different physicality question.

Not sure how that is negative if he at least contrubutes capably to that point.

He then rests and recuperates for the summer if injured.

I agree take no unnecessary risk but we are already 10 days since the Ajax game where we all saw him running. A world of difference between playing but positive.

I think he will be fit. How fit and how ready who knows.

I think the likely question will be start or not to start? I just think he presents Van Dijk with a problem that Moura, Son and Llorente don't.

And his vision also makes it likely that he could play behind Son or Moura, which asks a slightly different physicality question.

You're right.

Nothing negative about rushing Kane back only for him to get injured 8 minutes in to a final like Costa did.

I had an ankle injury once where i could still sprint like forrest gump after but for weeks i couldnt kick a ball with any power without feeling like my ankle was being hacked off. The Ball felt like 100kg. this has nothing to do with kane i just wanted to say that was 4 years ago now and im currently fit poch if you’re reading id like to play upfront in the CL final please. Ill get my sondicos on.

Still feel that as Kane did not make much impact in last match against Liverpool, always takes a while to get back to his best, that he is more of a threat on the bench. He can then come on when defenders are tiring and make more of an impact.

Back
Top Bottom