Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently we are better without him.

Oh yes but was it not you who said we did better without himas per the stats and that Son always covered?

It is amazing how people contort their posts to suit the need.

Put simply we do need a fit or at this stage of our season and with arguably 2 of the biggest games in the last 10 years a near 'fit' Kane but that's because the club abrogated its duty not once but twice in not buying cover.

Reliving kane needlessly throwing himself in to that challenge that ended his season.
We would have 3rd sealed now & a good chance of beating Ajax.
Hope he takes a bit more care when tackling from now on.
My thoughts exactly. I know it’s been a crazy season, but that moment he went in on Delph in such an unnecessary way was the turning point in our fortunes. Yes, we got through the second leg, but if we had a fit Kane we would be clear in third and just focusing on Ajax now.

Plus I had £50 riding on him reaching 20 goals in the league this year. Scenes if he gets a hatrick v Everton....

Oh yes but was it not you who said we did better without himas per the stats and that Son always covered?

It is amazing how people contort their posts to suit the need.

Put simply we do need a fit or at this stage of our season and with arguably 2 of the biggest games in the last 10 years a near 'fit' Kane but that's because the club abrogated its duty not once but twice in not buying cover.

No.

If you could read or follow an actual post for once in your life, I posted stats that proved we weren't a one man team and that we can win games without him.

Yet you still had most of the board say we were better without him and that bringing him back into the team made us worse

It didn't.

Considering we've lost every single game bar one since he's been out injured (against Brighton) I'd say there was something else going on behind the scenes

Last edited:
My twin brother was Downs - he died a couple of years back. I used to take him to watch Watford in the 1980s and people would stare and laugh and shout abuse at us - they didn't want 'mongs' at their football club - thankfully, my brother never really understood what or why they were doing it, but it hurt the people around him (me).
I thought as society we'd moved beyond that by now, and anyone who still does that, including any Spurs fans, should simply be kicked out, permanently.
Sorry to hear about your brother! And I think society has moved on quite a lot it’s just social media has given cretins a voice as they can hide behind a keyboard saying what they want in the safety of there mums basement!

Last edited:
No.

If you could read or follow an actual post for once in your life, I posted stats that proved we weren't a one man team and that we can win games without him.

Yet you still had most of the board say we were better without him and that bringing him back into the team made us worse

It didn't.

Considering we've lost every single game bar one since he's been out injured (against Brighton) I'd say something else going on behind the scenes
I remember when we won 3 or 4 games in a row when he was out earlier this year. However, we had scraped through those games and were lucky to win. And when he came back and we lost a few games people were saying we were better without him.
Now we have this ridiculous element of our support who resent his success over a certain other player. So when anything happens to their favourite player or the team, Kane gets the blame. Fortunately he can't be blamed here and his absence shows what a truly great player he is.
Most people on here took Kane for granted. His goal numbers are ridiculous. He is our striker but he probably is the best passer in the team as well. I hope we appreciate what we have a bit more because he might not be here for that much longer.

I remember when we won 3 or 4 games in a row when he was out earlier this year. However, we had scraped through those games and were lucky to win. And when he came back and we lost a few games people were saying we were better without him.
Now we have this ridiculous element of our support who resent his success over a certain other player. So when anything happens to their favourite player or the team, Kane gets the blame. Fortunately he can't be blamed here and his absence shows what a truly great player he is.
Most people on here took Kane for granted. His goal numbers are ridiculous. He is our striker but he probably is the best passer in the team as well. I hope we appreciate what we have a bit more because he might not be here for that much longer.

The modern fan.

I've seen:

"We are better without Kane"
"We need to sell Eriksen"
"We should sell Dele"
"Poch out"

And many more this season alone. Yet the same fans moan when these players don't play particularly well. Crazy. We are shit if we don't finish 3rd or beat Ajax apparently. Despite the fans shitting on the players they think aren't good enough anyway

Kane is evidently our most important player. Can we win games without him? Yes. We actually do have a good team full of good players who can win games. Mix that in with the league being relatively poor outside the top 6 or 7.

Doesn't mean we are better without him.

My twin brother was Downs - he died a couple of years back. I used to take him to watch Watford in the 1980s and people would stare and laugh and shout abuse at us - they didn't want 'mongs' at their football club - thankfully, my brother never really understood what or why they were doing it, but it hurt the people around him (me).
I thought as society we'd moved beyond that by now, and anyone who still does that, including any Spurs fans, should simply be kicked out, permanently.

Mate, that is really sad, I'm a support work for Adult Learning Disabilities and I want to fight knobheads every week. As I am not family it doesn't hurt like it would you, but I can't help react (my main client is Autistic with a lot of pronounced non-verbal grunts and shrieking), I will always try to socially embaress someone 'soo, you think it's funny do you?' Said loudly usually makes them squirm.

Kids you can understand, but adults, what a sad place many adult minds live in.

The whole squad is travelling to Amsterdam so at least Kane will be in the stadium even if he doesn't make the bench.

He couldn't really make the bench could he?

Question.

I've been thinking about this off and on for the past week and I was wondering. Where do you guys see Kane's career ceiling now? A few years back I saw him as the next Ronaldo. But injuries have made me pull back a bit and I see him now as more of his generation's answer to Zlatan. One of if not the best in his position. But I don't think he is going to be talked about in that same sense as Messi and Ronaldo.

But being his generation's top striker and world class is still very good of course.

Or do you guys think he can get to that absolute GOAT level?

Question.

I've been thinking about this off and on for the past week and I was wondering. Where do you guys see Kane's career ceiling now? A few years back I saw him as the next Ronaldo. But injuries have made me pull back a bit and I see him now as more of his generation's answer to Zlatan. One of if not the best in his position. But I don't think he is going to be talked about in that same sense as Messi and Ronaldo.

But being his generation's top striker and world class is still very good of course.

Or do you guys think he can get to that absolute GOAT level?
No offense to you, but I'm massively bored with comparisons between different players, and discussions about who is or will be the GOAT.

We never used to have these conversations every five minutes, but it suddenly seems that we have a generation that's absolutely obsessed with this kind of stuff. Can't we just enjoy players for what they are, and then maybe make the comparisons after they've actually had their career, when we have the benefit of seeing what they did or didn't achieve?

When the club showed him in the stadium last night I did wonder. Someone (Lucas maybe?) accidently dropped in to an interview a week or so ago that they thought he'd be back, didn't they, before someone else stepped in to hastily deny that one.

I think we've kept this one under out hats and then, even if he's on the bench, there's a good chance Ajax haven't prepared to potentially face him and they panic

Talksport have just said kane is on the bench tonight, surely if hes fit for the bench he has to start??

No.

He is probably just not fit enough to start and play the majority of the match.

I could see him on the bench, and warming up at about he hour mark to get Ajax nervous, but never come on except for penalties. Or come on for the last 30 minutes regardless

If he was to participate in any of the game you would have thought that he would be part of the group warming up for training.
D5-mFBsXkAATjGC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom