Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well...someone's flicked a switch somewhere, because that was Kane back to his best. Touch was great, link-up play was great, aggressivity was off the scale. Finishing was a bit off, but I'll take it. Welcome back, Harry.

He was looking close to his best in his recent England games. I was saying to a friend of mine before kick off that I thought we’d get a big game from him today. Probably should have had a hat trick.

Totti Totti made a good point about the possibility of Lucas Moura causing issues for Kane when they play together. I hope not, and don’t think it’s the case. Lucas Moura being on the pitch might change our way of attacking, but it shouldn’t have any influence on his hold up play, decision-making, passing, and energy (all of which he was great at today).

Well...someone's flicked a switch somewhere, because that was Kane back to his best. Touch was great, link-up play was great, aggressivity was off the scale. Finishing was a bit off, but I'll take it. Welcome back, Harry.

That switch would be called Dele, Eriksen and Son behind him.

Hasn't given the 'tap-in merchant', 'only scores penalties' and 'doesnt do it against big clubs' people much to talk about tonight has he?

He was absolutely top class this evening, I watched his movement, strength, ability to tease a defender into committing a foul, his sheer tenacity at all times, he ran them ragged. Anyone who doesn't rate the man is missing out on a genuinely glorious English striker, one that comes along once in a blue moon. Shame on those who don't see what he is or what he's all about, a working class ballerina of a footballer, wonderful, wonderful striker and the kind of role model that is helping us get back to where we all want to be.

Any coincidence that Eriksen, Sonny & Dele being on song let Harry do his normal stuff better than we've seen recently? I think not. Harry, we absolutely love you mate, delighted to call you one of our own

Hasn't given the 'tap-in merchant', 'only scores penalties' and 'doesnt do it against big clubs' people much to talk about tonight has he?
Weeeeell, scoring regulaaarly from 25 yards is all well and good, but does he have the fundamentals right? That’s all I’m asking.

But can he do it blindfolded, in a straight-jacket, with his boots tied together ... because to be a great player you have to be able to do that ... or at least that's the media's view when you play for Spurs .............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom