Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree, his pace isn't a strength but it's also not a weakness. Kane only has two true weaknesses. 1. Direct free kicks. 2. Goalkeeping. He is exceptional at everything else. I find his range of passing is often overlooked; he can spot then deliver a through ball or a cross field ball on a pinpoint.

I agree on free kicks. But to judge his gking abilities after just one short cameo seems unfair. It would be like saying Foyth is a shite defender after the WH game. Quite certain Kane is a brilliant gk as well.

Liverwank had two strikers who were classed as "World Class" in recent years Fowler and Owen. Guess what. Harry will outscore both of them easily.

Liverwank is fucktard central.
He'll hopefully avoid getting injured into an early retirement. Add Owen to the list of 'relied on pace' unlike Kane.

Would it be bad taste to post a gif of Owen breaking himself?

I don't really like him.

HonorableWaryHairstreak-max-1mb.gif

I agree, his pace isn't a strength but it's also not a weakness. Kane only has two true weaknesses. 1. Direct free kicks. 2. Goalkeeping. He is exceptional at everything else. I find his range of passing is often overlooked; he can spot then deliver a through ball or a cross field ball on a pinpoint.
The only thing he doesn't do is diving headers, he's never even attempted one when perhaps a couple were on. It's actually a dying, probably dead, art in the game as a whole. Van Persie's for Holland was the last one I can recall seeing, ironically probably the best one I've seen too. (was Dele's first goal against Leicester diving??).

The only thing he doesn't do is diving headers, he's never even attempted one when perhaps a couple were on. It's actually a dying, probably dead, art in the game as a whole. Van Persie's for Holland was the last one I can recall seeing, ironically probably the best one I've seen too. (was Dele's first goal against Leicester diving??).
Good point. You dont see them much nowadays which is a shame. I remember practicing them in training as a kid!

Didn’t he bag one against West Ham last season at the London Stadium?

Edit - this is the one I was referring to, eh, not really a diving header.

Edit edit - actually, I’d class that as a diving header, tbh. Agree that there’s not enough of them, though.

Last edited:
FA cup semi vs Chavs he did it
Similar to Son vs Brighton

Houchen - 87 cup final (ugh)

or did you mean just by Spurs players?

In general, a diving header has just disappeared out of the game, they are as rare as rocking horse shit.

One of my favourites:

After losing their opening 14 league games, the worst start to any club in the history of football (In the top 5 leagues), they were awarded a free kick in the last minute, the goalkeeper comes up and scores giving Benevento their first ever point in the top flight.

Just had a look at the Poppy Shirt auction. Kane's match shirts are currently at £3.6k & £3.8k!

Hugo £2.1k
Son £1.8k
Winks £1.6k
Lamela £1.4k
Dele £1.3k

Cheapest is an unworn Llorente at £400.

Thats me out for another season.

Back
Top Bottom