Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what's up with him? missing Poch? feeling bored?
he can't be playing so well for England and then only 33% of the time for us. I really don't get what's happening with him ATM

He needs a fcuking challenger and sometimes to be yanked off the pitch, top class striker or not.

And Mourinho, once he is settled will do just that.

Kane is not the problem by any stretch but he no longer is always the solution.

We need better behind him but he also needs to stand taller.

Last 2 seasons when he has been injured we have been considerably better with son up top. We achieved the majority of our cl cup run without him. I'm not saying he isn't amazing and we are very lucky to have him. But there are definitely games where we would do better with sonny leading the line because of his pace and movement. He also needs to be subbed when he performs like last night. And most importantly he is never a captain. I really hope Jose can have the impact on him that he's had on alli.

Last 2 seasons when he has been injured we have been considerably better with son up top. We achieved the majority of our cl cup run without him. I'm not saying he isn't amazing and we are very lucky to have him. But there are definitely games where we would do better with sonny leading the line because of his pace and movement. He also needs to be subbed when he performs like last night. And most importantly he is never a captain. I really hope Jose can have the impact on him that he's had on alli.

dele and son up top would be a nightmare for opposing defenses - the pair have the best chemistry at the moment out of any two attackers on the squad. the issue is, where can you put kane other than striker? he can't play anywhere else. throw him back as defensive wing? i think not...

dele and son up top would be a nightmare for opposing defenses - the pair have the best chemistry at the moment out of any two attackers on the squad. the issue is, where can you put kane other than striker? he can't play anywhere else. throw him back as defensive wing? i think not...
Kane is perfectly capable of playing as a '10'. Whether we should play him there is a different matter entirely.

Kane is perfectly capable of playing as a '10'. Whether we should play him there is a different matter entirely.
He has lost a yard of pace but mostly I think he is unmotivated he feels a million miles from winning anything at Spurs. The best thing to happen would be for Troy Parrot to grab a few goals in cameo appearances and start actually making Kane not always the only option. Yes he always starts but if he was getting subbed at 70/80min and Troy was grabbing goals off the bench it might relight the fire.

He has lost a yard of pace but mostly I think he is unmotivated he feels a million miles from winning anything at Spurs. The best thing to happen would be for Troy Parrot to grab a few goals in cameo appearances and start actually making Kane not always the only option. Yes he always starts but if he was getting subbed at 70/80min and Troy was grabbing goals off the bench it might relight the fire.

Yep, whatwver it is, something is not what it was.

The hyperbole whenever Kane has a below average game is quite something.

it happens to almost every player on the team - why should he be exempt? this is exactly the attitude that's causing his subpar performances. he has nothing at stake when he plays poorly. management/fans/country have his back regardless of what he does. if anything, he should be taking on more blame than other players given he's the one star, world class player on the team. you're not seeing people pat tom brady/lebron james/ronaldo/messi on the back and pointing the finger at other teammates after a subpar performance. they're taking it up the @ss every time they lose and/or play poorly. time for Harry to step up in big games when he's needed most. no more god damn excuses. his sole purpose on the pitch can't be just waiting for and taking penalties.

Last edited:
it happens to almost every player on the team - why should he be exempt? this is exactly the attitude that's causing his subpar performances. he has nothing at stake when he plays poorly. management/fans/country have his back regardless of what he does. if anything, he should be taking on more blame than other players given he's the one star, world class player on the team. you're not seeing people pat tom brady/lebron james/ronaldo/messi on the back and pointing the finger at other teammates after a subpar performance. they're taking it up the @ss every time they lose and/or play poorly. time for Harry to step up in big games when he's needed most. no more god damn excuses. his sole purpose on the pitch can't be just waiting for and taking penalties.

Hush yourself mate, I can tell you right now Harry ain't the issue it's what's happening around him that's making it look like hassle. We have full backs that hardly assist, a defence that leaks 2 goals a game, we've had a lot of issues slicing through our centre midfield and painful injuries to key players that sadly look like they have halted their career progressions rapidly.

You say Kane's sole purpose is waiting for and taking penalties.... please go look at his stats for the last 6 games, 6 months & 6 years and see his key pass numbers, assist numbers, free kicks won numbers, goals scored numbers and how many of them were penalties.

The sooner you realise you ain't reading the game well enough, the sooner you'll be able to watch a game of football better. Do yourself a favour next time a game is on and record it, watch it back and literally just keep all of your attention on Harry and don't ball watch like most armchair fans do. Do that and you'll see a side of his game you probably didn't appreciate before.

Can you just fuck off the forum

Back
Top Bottom