Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The first goal is key for Tottenham and we concede it too many times. When a team has eleven men behind the ball instead of playing an open game it hinders many including Harry.

We need width on the wings (bring Clarke back, get chalk on his boots and get Sessegnon in ASAP), get defences stretched and get working on the training ground on understanding each others games. Harry is fine, it's what's happening around him that's causing his issues the most.

I get the love for Harry, cos he's one-of-our-own. But at this point we have to address the problem. Harry has been a passenger too long now, and his display is not helping the greater good.

Can anyone tell me what was his last good performance? And I'm not talking about two goals against Villa or a goal from midfield against Juve. Last one I can think of is Nations League, England beating Spain 3-2 back in October 15th.

The most worrying thing is that I expected (maybe naively) that a summer off was going to make a huge difference for Harry who we mostly thought was just knackered after long spells without a break.

It seems now that actually it's just his game / application has changed rather than his fitness being an issue. I'm not for a moment considering that he couldn't play like the Harry we know, but I'd love to know why we are rarely seeing it nowadays.

Maybe Harry needs to drop deeper surrender the goal scoring records. His vision and passing is as good as Eriksen’s. Right now the Giroud impression isn’t at all flattering

mirror27.jpg

Maybe Harry needs to drop deeper surrender the goal scoring records. His vision and passing is as good as Eriksen’s. Right now the Giroud impression isn’t at all flattering
He plays too deep already . He's been droping back for a year know due to midfield , wingbacks creating so little.
Many times awful crosses come in and he is no where to be seen dude.
Play him right up there as threat and move son or lucas wide.

He plays too deep already . He's been droping back for a year know due to midfield , wingbacks creating so little.
Many times awful crosses come in and he is no where to be seen dude.
Play him right up there as threat and move son or lucas wide.
Lucas is best when played wide, he’s a right sided forward but not wide.
I agree otherwise, it’s obvious the set up isn’t right Dele and Lo Celso may offer a solution or contribute to the confusion. Time will tell

His movement was very poor at the weekend and he looked a yard short when it mattered for the couple of chances he got. if he was at his sharp best he buries that chance that comes across the six yard box and he gets his shot away when Lo Celso put him through, it was the fact that he was a yard slow that he had to try and win the penalty.
Maybe the injury is still the issue here, lets not be too harsh he did net twice against Villa and he is a notoriously slow starter

His movement was very poor at the weekend and he looked a yard short when it mattered for the couple of chances he got. if he was at his sharp best he buries that chance that comes across the six yard box and he gets his shot away when Lo Celso put him through, it was the fact that he was a yard slow that he had to try and win the penalty.
Maybe the injury is still the issue here, lets not be too harsh he did net twice against Villa and he is a notoriously slow starter
Positioning is also a factor I think. Harry right now is at his best when played as a pure center tank. He shouldn't be dawdling out on the left and right, running for balls and such. Have him roam the box and poach any balls that drop.

But we also seem to have instructed Son and Moura to drift centrally vs Newcastle which left that entire area packed and congested.

Wonder if the injuries are really limiting Kane now, was never the quickest but looks even slower at the moment.

Anyone else think he's bulked up a bit too much and could do with being slightly leaner?

His game has changed. And I think it's MP who wants these changes so that he can conserve energy and play as many games as possible in the season.
If only the HK of his breakthrough season comes back...

Wonder if the injuries are really limiting Kane now, was never the quickest but looks even slower at the moment.

Anyone else think he's bulked up a bit too much and could do with being slightly leaner?

Not sure about that. He breezed past a Newcastle player in the first half with a lovely burst of pace

Issue is he isn't a target man and its pretty difficult to lead a line against a team willing to put every man behind the ball when you don't have a particular style (low centre of gravity, dribbling etc)

Our system isn't set up to get the best out of him. Son isn't a striker. Lucas isn't a striker. Eriksen has been too deep. Dele has been too deep.

It's no surprise that it's not just Kane who's performances have dipped

He's a naturally big lad. Although looking ripped, he looks relatively lean to me...

Alan Shearer was a great player because he scored goals

Harry Kane is so great player because he scores goals

Van Nistleroy was a great player because he scored goals

Any striker that always scored goals at a high level is extremely valuable, how can Harry be described as average when he scored so many goals and does a lot more than that is beyond reasoning.

I feel he could be used as a number 10 as someone earlier had suggested. Put Son as the number 9 to play on the shoulder of the defenders as he has more pace to scare them in behind. Harry is a great passer with great vision and would be involved in the game more. Plus he can get shots off from outside the area.

Poch doesn't like to 'experiment' but I think its time he did as we look short of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom