Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting back to Harry I can't really see how people can't grasp his quality. His hold up play is excellent, and not in a Soldado/Janssen way, his passing is intelligent, his strength and power fantastic and his shooting excellent. Granted his pace is not the best, although I suspect better than people think, but seriously he is massively underrated as a player. I suspect it might have something to do with the voice and look because it's not to do with footballing reasons

Kane is the complete striker. I don't understand the analysis. The big man has it all.
no tattoos. not getting drunk. not filmed banging slags. model family man. never a word misplaced in interviews.

I can see why the media hates him. I can see why we love him (what a great role model for kids). and I can see why other teams hate him as they don't have one but their over-pumped over-payed wannabe rapper cunts

Last edited:
Getting back to Harry I can't really see how people can't grasp his quality. His hold up play is excellent, and not in a Soldado/Janssen way, his passing is intelligent, his strength and power fantastic and his shooting excellent. Granted his pace is not the best, although I suspect better than people think, but seriously he is massively underrated as a player. I suspect it might have something to do with the voice and look because it's not to do with footballing reasons
I think its a lot to do with who he plays for, not one of the traditional top 2-3 clubs and also hes not part of a team that has won anything ..yet. But you are also right, its not to do with his own talent. At least people that matter recognize just how good he is.

Fuck all of the Kane haters: They can all get stuffed, Kane is pure 24crt gold and is a yid through and through!

As was once said about the great Bobby Charlton

“The complete footballer”

And he can even play in goal

Kane will go down as the greatest English striker of all time, as well as the greatest striker to ever wear the Spurs shirt.

A player who will be appreciated more once he's retired. A living legend.
tenor.gif

original.gif

(London)

Seriously though, has there been any other striker who's been criticised for scoring goals?

It's OBVIOUSLY a trophy/Spurs thing. Even WE could appreciate a good striker in van Persie and Henry when they were at Woolwich, we never made up bollocks excuses such as Henry never scores in finals etc

Problem is, as SOON as he wins a trophy it'll be "Oh he needs to leave Spurs to win LEAGUE trophies". It's incredible. I don't understand it. Winning a club trophy is a TEAM effort. The reward for being a goalscorer is usually a golden boot. He has 3 to his name, 2 from the Premier League which a lot of people would consider it the biggest league in the world and 1 in the World Cup, which a lot of people would say is the most prestigious tournament in the world.

Again, most of these people just either watch England games (which again is odd because his hold up play for England tends to be pretty incredible and his goals to game ratio is outstanding), MOTD where they barely see Kane's overall play or when their team plays Kane, which is what? Twice a season? Strange people.

Not won any trophies? Check. Speaks funny? Check. Plays for Tottenham? Check. Kane can't be that good then. It's the same people who don't rate Dele Alli as a player because they don't like him as a person or they didn't rate Rose as a good left back because they remember him playing under Sherwood a few years prior so there is no way he could have improved (It wasn't even until Rose played at the Euros that people started to see he was an excellent left back). These people aren't even worth debating with about anything really.
It sounds like you've taken the blackpill on Kane's perception in the media/other fanbases.
:kanehand:

This really should boost the siege mentality around Spurs, to be quite honest. We/our players will always get shit by a constantly shifting set of goalposts designed to undermine the progress we make as a club.

I actually had the misfortune of listening to some of that TalkSport call in show as I was driving at the time. It was pretty obvious that Southgate's "Kane is the best goalscorer in the world" quote could be taken with a pinch of salt and was spoken at a particularly jubilant moment, but nooooo they had to spin it into a fanbaiting call-in show.

We're not mental, and I doubt Spurs fans are going to suggest he's a better goalscorer than, say, Messi. Something tells me there would have been untold amounts of cringe from gooners if the topic had been on Aubameyang instead.

Kane doesn't live in a cave - he'll see how he gets treated by certain sectors of the media and non-Spurs-fans and I fucking well hope he remembers it.
Stay with us for life; there are few ways to piss those cunts off more.
:kanegoal:

I agree, his pace isn't a strength but it's also not a weakness. Kane only has two true weaknesses. 1. Direct free kicks. 2. Goalkeeping. He is exceptional at everything else. I find his range of passing is often overlooked; he can spot then deliver a through ball or a cross field ball on a pinpoint.

I agree, his pace isn't a strength but it's also not a weakness. Kane only has two true weaknesses. 1. Direct free kicks. 2. Goalkeeping. He is exceptional at everything else. I find his range of passing is often overlooked; he can spot then deliver a through ball or a cross field ball on a pinpoint.
I'll go one further: the fact he doesn't rely on pace is a strength.

He's already smashing records, and yet has not needed to be a speed merchant in doing so. His career will (injuries permitting) go right into his mid thirties at the top level, while Aubameyang will be dumpster diving in about 3 years.
:sonpoint:

(See also: Salah and Mané)

Back
Top Bottom