Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS Rooney just basically got publicly sucked off by the FA and he scored 1 goal in 11 games at WC's.

to be fair there is also a lot of sticking up for kane on the thread but...

Knees up Mother Brown Forum: View topic - England v Croatia Nations League
"Kane has been dreadful, first goal in this tournament but like a goalscorer he came up big when we needed him, though he looks shot at the minute."

"As for Kane, utterly superb player - he's just been largely disappointing for England recently, given what he's capable of"

"Kane:
2016 Euros - 4 apps, 0 goals.
2018 World Cup - 6 apps, 6 goals, with 1 in the knockout stages.
Overall Major Tournaments, 10 apps, 6 goals, with 1 coming in the knockout stages.

If Kane wishes to match or surpass players such as Linekar, Shearer and Owen he needs to score some big goals in the knockout stages of the major tournaments against the best footballing in nations.

I'd say so far he's equalled Rooney's impact (effectively Euro 2004 vs World Cup 2018) but Kane still has a way to go to match the others, however I certainly wouldn't bet against him being crucial for us in the next 3 tournaments."

Just had the same from a Westham supporter today - I like this England team but I have one problem... Kane! - he has no pace and doesn't run the channels.
"If he is not on his not scoring he offers nothing, he may score but nothing else."
me- did he play well yesterday?
WH- no and he offered nothing
me- he scored and pretty much scored the first.
WH- yes but other than that nothing
me- the through ball to Sterling
WH - yes that was good but not enough
Me - he set up two against Spain
WH- but in the WC when we had good teams he did nothing, he does nothing when it counts.
me - was yesterday an important game
WH - yes, but he did nothing in the WC we need to replace him
me- He scored 15 in 18
WH - but not when it mattered
me - hahahhahahhahhahhahhahhah ok mate we need to get a replacement for Kane.
Perhaps he suspects Andy Carroll would do a better job?

Offers more when he's not scoring.... He fucking scores a hell of a lot though

46479976_10156476248667247_6344647009592410112_n.jpg

Just had the same from a Westham supporter today - I like this England team but I have one problem... Kane! - he has no pace and doesn't run the channels.
"If he is not on his not scoring he offers nothing, he may score but nothing else."
me- did he play well yesterday?
WH- no and he offered nothing
me- he scored and pretty much scored the first.
WH- yes but other than that nothing
me- the through ball to Sterling
WH - yes that was good but not enough
Me - he set up two against Spain
WH- but in the WC when we had good teams he did nothing, he does nothing when it counts.
me - was yesterday an important game
WH - yes, but he did nothing in the WC we need to replace him
me- He scored 15 in 18
WH - but not when it mattered
me - hahahhahahhahhahhahhahhah ok mate we need to get a replacement for Kane.

Had a Liverpool fan say to me today 'you know what we were all wrong about kane'

Assuming he stays with us for his entire career Harry is going to be one of those players that the general football public won't wholly accept until he retires. Only once he is gone is the English football demographic as a whole going to realize what he does so well.

Caveat being if we go on a massive spree of winning silverware obviously. That would force people to take notice.

Spurs fans are always going to know. The greater football media are always going to know (albeit some begrudgingly) as well as the experts. And I'd wager that fans from other leagues will also acknowledge him. But the greater English fanbase won't realize what they have playing up front for England until he hangs it up.

Seriously though, has there been any other striker who's been criticised for scoring goals?

It's OBVIOUSLY a trophy/Spurs thing. Even WE could appreciate a good striker in van Persie and Henry when they were at Woolwich, we never made up bollocks excuses such as Henry never scores in finals etc

Problem is, as SOON as he wins a trophy it'll be "Oh he needs to leave Spurs to win LEAGUE trophies". It's incredible. I don't understand it. Winning a club trophy is a TEAM effort. The reward for being a goalscorer is usually a golden boot. He has 3 to his name, 2 from the Premier League which a lot of people would consider it the biggest league in the world and 1 in the World Cup, which a lot of people would say is the most prestigious tournament in the world.

Again, most of these people just either watch England games (which again is odd because his hold up play for England tends to be pretty incredible and his goals to game ratio is outstanding), MOTD where they barely see Kane's overall play or when their team plays Kane, which is what? Twice a season? Strange people.

Not won any trophies? Check. Speaks funny? Check. Plays for Tottenham? Check. Kane can't be that good then. It's the same people who don't rate Dele Alli as a player because they don't like him as a person or they didn't rate Rose as a good left back because they remember him playing under Sherwood a few years prior so there is no way he could have improved (It wasn't even until Rose played at the Euros that people started to see he was an excellent left back). These people aren't even worth debating with about anything really.

Seriously though, has there been any other striker who's been criticised for scoring goals?

It's OBVIOUSLY a trophy/Spurs thing. Even WE could appreciate a good striker in van Persie and Henry when they were at Woolwich, we never made up bollocks excuses such as Henry never scores in finals etc

Problem is, as SOON as he wins a trophy it'll be "Oh he needs to leave Spurs to win LEAGUE trophies". It's incredible. I don't understand it. Winning a club trophy is a TEAM effort. The reward for being a goalscorer is usually a golden boot. He has 3 to his name, 2 from the Premier League which a lot of people would consider it the biggest league in the world and 1 in the World Cup, which a lot of people would say is the most prestigious tournament in the world.

Again, most of these people just either watch England games (which again is odd because his hold up play for England tends to be pretty incredible and his goals to game ratio is outstanding), MOTD where they barely see Kane's overall play or when their team plays Kane, which is what? Twice a season? Strange people.

Not won any trophies? Check. Speaks funny? Check. Plays for Tottenham? Check. Kane can't be that good then. It's the same people who don't rate Dele Alli as a player because they don't like him as a person or they didn't rate Rose as a good left back because they remember him playing under Sherwood a few years prior so there is no way he could have improved (It wasn't even until Rose played at the Euros that people started to see he was an excellent left back). These people aren't even worth debating with about anything really.

One thing I’ll say in defence of the casual Kane observer is that he’s an incredibly unconventional striker.

Oddly enough, the most unconventional thing about him is that he’s actually a bit of a traditional striker. He’s very Sheringham, and also has a touch of David Hirst (seriously, watch his goal vids). He’s not easily classified. He can smash them in, he can head the ball, he can break through and finish, and he can poach. It doesn’t really matter how he scores, but you can guarantee he’ll find a way to score.

Essentially he has the goal-scoring instinct whenever he’s 20 yards from goal. Obviously it doesn’t always work, but his instincts clearly work a lot of the time. It’s not a fluke. He finds the right positions to be in to capitalise on opportunities. His greatest skill is instinct.

Back
Top Bottom