Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget his goals today. Instead, that pass to Son when Son hit the post? Wow. Does one of them every match now.
Absolutely spot on.

I was shocked when they showed the stat that he only has 1 assist this season. Was that just epl? I just can’t figure how he doesn’t have a bundle of assists. His through ball passing when he drops back is as good as any English midfielder I can think of.

Absolutely spot on.

I was shocked when they showed the stat that he only has 1 assist this season. Was that just epl? I just can’t figure how he doesn’t have a bundle of assists. His through ball passing when he drops back is as good as any English midfielder I can think of.
Well I can think of at least one time where he morally had an assist (that ball to Dele for the second goal against Swansea).

He'd get more assists if he was putting those balls through to... well, Harry Kane.
:kanegoal:

Well I can think of at least one time where he morally had an assist (that ball to Dele for the second goal against Swansea).

He'd get more assists if he was putting those balls through to... well, Harry Kane.
:kanegoal:
That’s right. Wonder how many Son or Dele would have if they regularly played in front of Kane instead of the other way round. We’d miss his finishing, but overall it really might come out about even

Kane set to beat Aguero mark for the '100 Club'
16/01/2018

• Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Google +
2018-01-13T185135Z_77372267_RC19DD091CC0_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-TOT-EVE.JPG

If Spurs striker scores twice on Sunday he will reach a century of PL goals in the second-fewest appearances

Another milestone is in Harry Kane’s sights when Tottenham Hotspurvisit Southampton this weekend.

If, at St Mary's, Kane repeats the double he scored on Saturday against Everton, he will reach 100 goals in the Premier League and will do so in the the second-quickest time in the competition’s history.

It has taken Kane just 138 matches to reach 98 Premier League goals for Spurs, with the two goals against Sam Allardyce's side also making him the club's leading scorer in the competition.

Another double on Sunday and he will be the 27th member of the "100 Club".

Only Alan Shearer has reached a century of Premier League goals in fewer matches, taking just 124 appearances to become the club’s first member.

Kane is on course to surpass Sergio Aguero, who took 147 matches to reach the landmark for Manchester City.

Fewest matches to reach 100 PL goals
Player
Matches
Alan Shearer
Sergio Aguero 147
Thierry Henry 160
Ian Wright 173
Robbie Fowler 175
Kane also took his tally to 20 goals for the Premier League season against Everton, reaching the milestone in just 22 appearances this term.

Only two players have taken fewer matches to hit 20 in a PL campaign.

Luis Suarez needed just 15 appearances to hit the mark for Liverpool in 2013/14, while Kevin Phillips reached 20 goals in his first 21 outings for Sunderland during 1999/00.

*only scores tap-ins.

But honestly, I dropped by RAWK one day a couple of weeks ago for a laugh, and there was one or two people there that were claiming that Kane wasn't world class because... get this... because he scores too many hat-tricks, and his goals aren't evenly spread out enough!!

Last edited:
*only scores tap-ins.

But honestly, I dropped by RAWK one day a couple of weeks ago for a laugh, and there was one or two people there that were claiming that Kane wasn't world class because... get this... because he scores too many hat-tricks, and his goals aren't evenly spread out enough!!
True world class players only score just enough goals.

How the fuck is Messi not World Player of the Year? I couldn’t give a shit if Greasy Ron won trophies. Messi has been outplaying him game after game.

Judge a player on what they do. Kane is world class regardless of medals. Joining the Sheik Mansour team or Barca isn’t going to suddenly make him a better footballer.

How the fuck is Messi not World Player of the Year? I couldn’t give a shit if Greasy Ron won trophies. Messi has been outplaying him game after game.

Judge a player on what they do. Kane is world class regardless of medals. Joining the Sheik Mansour team or Barca isn’t going to suddenly make him a better footballer.
It's all about the trophies....you're a Spurs fan and you don't know this? Have you been living under a rock?

Back
Top Bottom