Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite not scoring in August, I thought Kane was playing the best I had seen. He is on another level now, and we are lucky to have him. Also, his passing is incredible. Maybe only second to Eriksen in that regard.

Thanks but I'm jut talking about the European Cup/CL. As we've only had 4 seasons in it I wouldn't think the record scorer has that many, though they did score quite a few in 61/62

rpd1rbZ.png

To answer my own question i make our record goalscorer in CL/EC (if you include qualifiers ) .......

7 goals - Crouch
5 - Bobby Smith
4 - Cliff Jones, Dyson, Bale, Pav, Kane

Amazingly Greaves never scored in the European Cup. We scored 21 goals in 61/62 in 8 matches and our all time leading goalscorer somehow didn't get one.

I look at Kane's goal scoring (rate, type, and opposition), all round team play, ability, consistency, belief, attitude, and I really can't see more than two or three forwards who are better than him. He's only 24 and getting better all the time. With Ronaldo 32 and Messi 30 I can well believe Kane will win top player awards in a couple of year's time. I don't see any reason why he needs to leave Spurs to win them either, it's just the media trying to sell him as they always do and will continue to do. I don't see him leaving until either Spurs fail to reach their potential, or he smashes all the records and wants new ones. I absolutely love Harry Kane. I fell in love with him the moment he booted the ball out of play against Utd in 2014 when he was offside, that's when I was sure we had a gem.

I know its to be expected, but all the pundits trying to sell him or comments about him moving is a pain.
Even veiled ones ,like Andertons " Kane could walk into any team" are getting to me.
As i said, to be expected though.
I don't mind too much either, it's testament to his quality.

What I have had enough off though is there is little to no discussion about the game we have just won. Little to no discussion about how well we play any of our games, even humping Everton and there was 30 seconds about Spurs whilst all the talk was about how poor Everton were.

This morning I have been listening to the radio from 5:30am, had to finally turn it off and catch up with some Podcasts as there has been ZERO talk about how we played or in fact the game. All the conversation is this time about Dele leaving. Last night all the talk was about Kane having to leave to be acknowledged as World Class. For the last 10 games of last season it was the same, 5 mins on the game then 20mins on us not being able to keep hold of our players, win after win after win after win and all the talk was us keeping our players and who was linked to whom and where. Then all summer our players linked elsewhere, followed by our summer transfer business was shit, haven't signed anyone.

Move onto this season and we lose and draw and we are cursed, win and dispel the cruse and it's back to our players leaving. Seriously had enough of this.

The SpursTV interview from last night is worth a watch.

There's one part where the interviewer is telling him that he's now in 3rd place on our European goalscorer chart, and is asking him about having the top spot in his sights (ten more goals in Europe would do it).

Kane just calmly says that of course he'd love to, and whether it happens this season, or the next, or the next, he'll keep plugging away. He really does just exude the confidence that he's happy here and wouldn't even think about leaving.

And I'm not even clutching at straws - Bale, for example, never gave answers like that in interviews.

Back
Top Bottom