Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A player who is aiming to score a large amount of goals needs to shoot lots. I remember United fans saying the same things about Ronaldo shooting too much during the transition from very good to elite.

At a certain point in the final third of the pitch attackers are taught to look first to see if they can shoot and then to see if a pass is on. With time and space limited this is a must. It flat out makes sense too, if good shooters have enough shots close enough to goal, goals will come.

Whatever Kane is doing is working. I'm sure him and the coaches know how best to kick on even further.

Very good point regarding Ronaldos transition from very good to elite. It just seems at the moment he is desperate to smash goalscoring records instead of doing what's right at that particular moment of the game. I hope I'm wrong as I love Harry as a team player, it just seems like he's snatching at things at the moment compared to the usual Kane we see

Very good point regarding Ronaldos transition from very good to elite. It just seems at the moment he is desperate to smash goalscoring records instead of doing what's right at that particular moment of the game. I hope I'm wrong as I love Harry as a team player, it just seems like he's snatching at things at the moment compared to the usual Kane we see
Poch likely has a say in how Kane plays. Kane is encouraged to shoot.
With his shooting/finishing ability, it makes sense to ask him to be more selfish.
At least till now, his display of "selfishness" in games are acceptable, as most of his shots are relatively accurate.

I dont like it when he is selfish, but i dont blame him. Cause i watched how Bale grew. At one point he is being very selfish and everybody is frustrated, hence the 'he plays on the left' chant.
I firmly believe had Redknapp not given Bale the free role and patience at the time, he wont be the player he is now.
Its just a learning phase, after some time, he will start to fake the chances he creates for others.

I'd actually prefer it if Kane was told to be selfish and the team played to him. Would also prefer if he was partnered with Son. We saw what happened at the end of last season when we had little to play for but the golden boot. Contrary to popular belief, the directness helps the team dominate matches. As for England, he works hard and rescues them when the others' heads drop and on top of it still says the right things. He manages the media and public expectations well. Southgate, on the other hand, has done nothing to help him regarding the press comments.

Kane is very selfish already. Then again - most great strikers are
Strikers are present to score goals. Kane's finishing is incredible! Yeah, sometimes he might be out of form, but the number of times he picks the bottom corner of the net is insane. So yeah, him being selfish will result in lots of goals when he is in form.

Kane is very selfish already. Then again - most great strikers are

Yeah, but what I meant was so is Alli, Son, and even Eriksen at times as well to a certain extent... all players are in their respective positions... whereas at the end of last season they were literally all not caring and just trying to find the quickest way to get the ball to Harry and it made a difference to the way we played. The main striker should be the one getting the most goals by far. He is the best at it in our team. We should therefore be doubling down on him. The more goals he scores, and the more times we have the best goalscorer in the league by a country mile, the more chance we have of winning it. Everyone on the team should be recognising that as a target and a good thing, from the very first game.

Back
Top Bottom